Dr. Saira Choudhri, MD

Dr. Saira Choudhri, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Choudhri did her internship at Duke University School of Medicine and went on to complete her Ophthalmology residency training at Yale University School of Medicine, where she served as Chief Resident. She then received advanced fellowship training in Cornea and Refractive Surgery at Washington University Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. Dr. Choudhri held a clinical faculty position as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Wilmer Eye Institute, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, the premier Ophthalmology Institute in the country prior to relocating to Florida . She currently has an appointment as Assistance Professor of Ophthalmology in the volunteer faculty of the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. She has published extensively in peer reviewed journals, authored many abstracts and presented at several national meetings. She has had comprehensive training in advanced surgical techniques and has performed thousands of Cataract, Refractive and Corneal surgeries and other eye procedures. She offers a full spectrum of care for medical and surgical diseases of the eye with on-site state of the art diagnostic and treatment services. Dr. Choudhri is a Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.

Eye Care Specialists Of Florida

1124 Cypress Glen Cir

Kissimmee, FL 34741

• AARP
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Choudhri

See how frequently Dr. Choudhri performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Corneal Ulcer
Glaucoma

Dr. Choudhri's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Choudhri "As a leading Central Florida Ophthalmologist, I truly care for my patients, not just their eyes."

• Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Soft Contact Lenses
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Yale University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Washington University Barnes Hospital--Cornea and Refractive Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

• Efficacy of autologous blood injection for treating overfiltering or leaking blebs after glaucoma surgery, 1997
  • Effect of mild to moderate myopic correction by laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis on intraocular pressure measurements with goldmann applanation tonometer, tono-pen, and pneumatonometer, 2002
  • A comparison of dorzolamide-timold fixed combination therapy vs. concomitant drugs, 2000
  • Factors predictive of LASIK flap thickness with the Hansatome zero compression microkeratome, 2005

• Urdu

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Choudhri to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Choudhri's Performance
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr. Choudhri was thorough and cared about correcting my vision . Her staff is very professional and courteous. My two cataract surgeries were painless and my vision is now 20/20. I recommend making an appointment with Dr. Choudhri if you are having vision problems. She will explain your situation and what can and/or should be done. Thank you Dr. Choudhri for restoring my vision to that of many years ago.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Choudhri and Lynne, the office manager exemply pure excellence! Dr. Choudri has treated our whole family with professional dignity. Her high skills make her a superb doctor. Lynn manages the office with integrity, kindness, and a high degree of professionalism. Together they make a great team. Lynn manages patients in a caring and professional manner.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Choudhri is a great doctor who is treating me for my Dry Eye. She cares about the health of your eyes more than anyone can understand. She uses all her resources when it comes to treatments before she goes to her last resort. She does not give up or take the easy way out and i admire that in a doctor. I would definitely recommend to friends and family.
in Kissimmee,FL |
Very please with Dr. Choudhri same day appointment, the girls are awesome from the front desk to the back. I would recommend doctor Choudhri to anyone, she is a knowledgeable ophthalmologist that will take care of your eyes like if it was hers.
in Orlando, Florida |
I am very very pleased I choose Dr. Choudri.! what an amazing oftalmologist! Since day one I new I did the right choice, I was very impressive with her practice. I noticed Dr Choudri is a perfectionist, and I absolutely love that...hey! After all is your eyes no game to play! The staff is amazing, from the reception( Lynn y Jessica are amazing!) to the nurses everyone is very professional and warm. I will recomend Dr Choudri to any one who want to get the best accurate eye care.
Orlando, FL |
I went in with high expectations based on the reviews here, and after 1 bad experience thought maybe it was just a bad day, but after multiple bad experiences I'm not sure how she gets such high ratings. First, when I booked my appt I stated I needed a standard eye exam and new glasses & contacts Rx. She didn't give me either Rx and when I asked said I'd have to come back. Came back a 2nd time, got a glasses rx but said I'd need to come back AGAIN for contacts. Just one of many bad experiences
in St Cloud, FL |
I needed a emergency visit and Dr Choudhri's office were the only ones to fit me in immediately. It turned out that had I not received medical attention the problem would of cost me the sight in that eye. Dr Choudhri was very professional and explained my problem. She preformed the procedures in the office and gave me a to do plan. Angelika was the office person who I spoke to first and what an amazing young lady. I highly recommend Dr Choudhri and ask for Angelika. You will be glad you did 5*
in Kissimmees, Fl. |
I would not trust my eyes with anyone else. Dr. Choudhri is the absolute best! What this physician does for her patients is amazing! Fantastic office staff too. Your eyes are in the best hands with Dr. C.
in Celebration Fl |
I found Dr Choudhri very thorough and courteous and she explained the procedure fully. On the day of the surgery I checked into the surgery center and the people were very nice and after 10 minutes in surgery I woke up and there was no pain and i knew right away that my sight had improved. I cannot wait to get her to fix my other eye. If you are considering this do not hesitate to see Dr Choughri.
in St Cloud, FL |
I recently had cataract surgery, it was a challenging operation since this was an exfoliating cataract. Dr. Choudhri is a very skillful surgeon. The operation was successful and there wasn't any complications. She is very approachable and friendly and she runs a most efficient office. Her nursing staff is very efficient and warm. I highly recommend her!!!
in Kissimmee, FL |
Consistent professional experience from the ENTIRE staff & Dr Choudhri. I have been a patient for a year & 11/2 from the first phone call thru all my appointments & surgery I could not have asked for a more pleasant exprrience
in Kissimmee, FL |
The staff at Dr. Choudhri's office was very friendly and helpful, especially Jessica. Dr. Choudhri is excellent at what she does. I would recommend her to anyone for care.
in Kissimmee, FL |
excellent results !! she is great !!
in Kissimmee, FL |
I was very pleased with the doctor and staff.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Excellent doctor/patient attitude Excellent office staff Excellent after care Excellent professional care & know how
in Kissimmee, Fl. |
My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Choudhri since on or about 2005. We followed her when she moved to her new office and will continue with her. We are fully satisfied with her services. She is very clear with her explanations. Very firm and consistent. We've had successful cataract surgeries. In addition, the staff are very professional environment. I definitely recommend her.
in Kissimmee, FL |
My experience with Dr.Choudhri was exceptional and very professional. I won't hesitate to recommend her to family and friends. Also I want to mention the professionalism of all her Staff, but very, very special to Jessica who was excellent in giving us the instructions and support during our visits. She really knows her job.
in Kissimmee, FL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Choudhri. My experience with Dr. Choudhri and her staff Was very positive. I received informative explanations in a professional, friendly environment.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Wonderful rapport with both myself and my wife - she has done all 4 of our cataracts. Her bedside manner is wonderful.
in Orlando, FL |
Is the best professional I know. (Para mi ha sido un angel que ha traido la luz a mis ojos cuando la oscuridad habia cubierto ,no solo mis ojos sino toda esperanza. Que Dios bendiga sus manos y le de siempre la sabiduria para que muchos se beneficien de ella.)
in Kissimmee, FL |
Very exact in all she does. Describes what the procedure is and what to expect.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Excellent training in wellknown hospitals,friendly with good rapport to patients & excellent staff
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Saira Choudhri conducted my cataract surgery 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with the results of the operation. I would also like to thanks the doctor an her staff for all of the attention and care that they provided me. The operation was conducted in the Poinciana Medical Center, who's staff was very professional and helpful with both my self and my wife through the process.
Kissimmee, FL |
told me twice that my cataracts were ripe. Said that I had dry eyes that needed to be addressed first. Gave me a script for Restaisis. Works well, but cost $1500. I paid $108. This put me in the donut hole and now I pay $100 more for my meds. Then she told me that my vision was too good for cataract surgery. My vision was checked every time that I had an appointment, so it was not a surprise.
in Kissimmee, FL |
I had very difficult cataract surgery. The cataract was hard and I have small pupils. Originally I was told it may take 2 or 3 operations and I should not expect good vision. It turns out I only needed one operation and my eyesight is now 20/20. I'm very excited about my results and I highly recommend Dr. Choudhri. I also want to add that her staff was amazing and very professional. This was a wonderful experience.
in Orlando, FL |
Thorough and spent time listening and explaining the procedure she was going to do. I felt very confident in her ability to do the job right.
in Poinciana FL |
The surgical experience was very pleasant. Didn't feel a thing during the procedure and post- op. is going well. Waiting time was a bit long but fantastic job!
in Saint Cloud, FL |
Very professional and great with her patients. Explained in detail of my care. Will definitely recommend to my family and friends.
in Poinciana, FL |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Choudhri for about 7 years. WE have been very pleased with her care of our eye issues during this time. I have just finished cataract surgery by her on both my eyes and extremely pleased with the outcome.
in Kissimmee, FL |
I am truly grateful for what she did for me. I was blind and now I can see, well at least from one eye so far. The doctors and nurses were great in explaining the process to my full understanding. Afterwards, the doctor explained how the surgery went and the after treatment to properly heal. I believe their team helps patients not only in restoring their vision, but giving them their life back. I highly recommend Eye Care Specialists of Florida.
in Fl |
Today was my first visit and was happy too say it was very good. She made me comfortable and explained as she checked my eyes. I hope to be a long time patient.
in Clermont, Florida |
Me and my Wife had bilateral Cataract Surgeries and Laser Surgeries with excellent results, no complications and she restored normal 20/20 vision! Her office staff in Eye Care Specialists in Florida and the staff of Poinciana Medical Center have excellent Customer service and are the best in the world! We will recommend this place without hesitation
in Kissimmee, FL |
The doctor and her staff are very professional, personable and thorough. Dr. C. explains everything that is going on with your vision. In particular, staff member Lynn is very outgoing and friendly.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Nice and clean facility. On my phone contact, I was pleased to be greeted by a human. The exam was thorough.
in Kissimmee, FL |
I have been Dr. Choudhri's patient for the past 7 years and she has been providing me the best eye care I have ever received. She is very thorough. You can tell the passion she has for her profession and the way she has always explained in detail my eye conditions. I trust her 100% and will continue to see her as my eye care provider and that of my entire family.
in Kissimmee FL |
Lynn took me into an office and completed an eye exam on my eyes. Lynn has a bubbling pleasing personality and is always very upbeat. She answers all of my questions questions and made me feel comfortable. She is very professional. Dr Choudhary is always very professional. She explain the procedure in detail and always ask if you have questions. She is very professional and always give you the layman terms and medical terms about whatever procedure that need.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr. Choudhri is knowledgeable and competent in her field. She explained my condition in an efficient manner. She is conscientious and I like that. Her office staff is friendly and efficient.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Office staff was friendly. Doctor was the worst doctor ever. Though she seemed knowledgeable, she did not like to be challenged. She said that I had eye allergies & needed steroid drops. When I told her that I did not want to put steroids in my eyes, she pretty much refused to carry on; did not offer an alternative treatment & told me that she could not do give me a rx for glasses. She did not seem interested in my reasoning for no steroid treatment nor care for me as a human being who thinks.
in Kissimmee, Fl |
Dr Choudhri is a friendly and attentive person. She explains the procedure clearly as well as the expectations. The staff she has is amazingly helpful and polite. But most of all, Dr Choudhri is an excellent eye care surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Saira Choudhri, MD?

Visit Dr. Choudhri

Dr. Choudhri accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • AARP
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    Choice POS
    Commercial HMO
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Access PPO
    Worker's Compensation / Focus Network WC
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA