Dr. Saimah Talukder, MD

Dr. Saimah Talukder, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Saimah Talukder, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Shreveport, LA. She graduated from Medical School-University Of Dhaka and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.Read her story

7853 Youree Dr

Shreveport, LA 71105

• American Lifecare
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Best Life & Health Insurance
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Talukder

See how frequently Dr. Talukder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy)
Uterine Diseases

Dr. Talukder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Talukder's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Talukder "After medical school Dr. Saimah Talukder trained in England as an OB-GYN, and is board certified by both the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the United Kingdom and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology here in America. Following subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in London, she moved from one world famous capital city to another, Washington DC where she did her OB-GYN residency at George Washington University Hospital. She moved to Shreveport after residency and has been in practice since 2009. At OB-GYN Concepts, she can spend as much time as she wants with every one of her patients. This allows doctor and patient to establish a rapport that is essential for optimum patient care. Dr. Talukder's first love is obstetrics. Despite the innumerable babies she has delivered "it never ceases to enthrall me every time I bring a baby into the world," she says. She takes pride in a low cesarean section rate and resorts to surgical delivery only when absolutely necessary. "Our ultimate goal is to have a healthy mom and baby and I'll do everything to assure this" she emphasizes. To that end she encourages VBACs- vaginal births after cesarean section and tries her best to let a woman have a TOLAC- trial of labor after a cesarean, if that is her wish and there are no maternal or fetal contraindications. She also has an interest in the infertile couple, abnormal uterine bleeding, recurrent miscarriages, adolescent gynecology, menopause, hormone replacement therapy, multiple births and vaginal twin delivery. Dr. Talukder lives here with her daughter and husband, also a physician"

This content was provided by Dr. Talukder " You are the focus at OB-GYN Concepts. The moment you walk through our door, you will appreciate that we have done everything we can to make your visit a calming and positive one. From the décor to the design of our appointments, we have created an atmosphere that allows for good communication and adequate time to review your health.

At OB-GYN Concepts, we do not simply treat ailments or deliver babies, we care for women as a whole. Your total well-being is our priority throughout every stage of life. No two patients are the same, so custom treatment plans are our hallmark.

When you visit OB-GYN Concepts, you can depend on all encompassing, personalized and empathetic care for women from adolescence to menopause and beyond. Our entire attention is on you, making you feel as comfortable visiting us as you do visiting your favorite boutique or spa. Come enjoy the differences you will find in medical care at OB-GYN Concepts!

"

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Abdominal Hysterectomy
  • Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University of Dhaka / Institute of Post Graduate Medicine & Research
  • SW Thames and London Hospitals
  • University College Hospital , London
  • St. Bartholomew's and The London Hospitals Trust
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Talukder has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali

Dr. Talukder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Talukder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Talukder's Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Talukder to family and friends

Dr. Talukder's Performance

Dr. Talukder Says:
"

Thank you for completing a survey and your feedback. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated. If you were satisfied with our care, please recommend a friend. If you were not, please let me or a member of my staff know.

You can also call our office manager at 318 212 2835. We would like to address your concerns in a timely manner. It is only through your feedback, both positive and negative, that we can continuously

...

During our first appointment, Dr. Talukder listened to all my concerns and took the time to ask lots of questions. She did not rush the appointment, and spent extra time getting to know me. I look forward to being her patient for a long time!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I can’t say enough awesome things about her and the staff. She is amazing and the staff is so friendly. If I had any questions or concerns the staff got right back to me. I have referred several friends and they love her. Not one complaint.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Talukder and her entire office were pleasant and kind from the very beginning. They sent me all the paperwork beforehand. The ultrasound tech was wonderful, explaining everything she did. The nurse asked me a lot of questions, but she explained what my answers indicated. I felt like Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
When my MD retired, I had to find another GYN. When I saw Dr. Talukder on the list, I was so excited! You see, in 2013, Dr. Talukder was the "on-call" physician for my daughter's unexpected labor. Back then, she genuinely comforted my daughter and family with her sweet spirit and words, even...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Outstanding doctor. The appointments are never rushed. I always feel I have adequate time with Dr. Talukder and all of my concerns are addressed. The staff is also very responsive when I call. All my questions are addressed in a very timely manner.
Are you Dr. Talukder?