Dr. Sahmon Chinichian, DO

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Sahmon Chinichian, DO
Dr. Chinichian received his undergraduate education at the University of California, Irvine and finished medical school at Western University in Pomona, California. His arduous goal to become an ophthalmologist was achieved with the successful completion of his residency at the county hospital, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in San Bernardino, where he was rigorously trained to address many complex and rare eye diseases. During Dr. Chinichian's residency, he volunteered with an organization that took monthly trips to the town of La Misión in Baja California. In that time, he contributed to the donation of glasses, medicine, and performed minor procedures as a service for those in need. He was also nominated with the honor of being named Chief Resident amongst his peers. Dr. Chinichian combines his personal interest in technology with ophthalmology by constantly seeking advanced technologies and equipment to provide premier quality eye care for his patients. Dr. Chinichian specializes in comprehensive ophthalmology and is currently licensed to practice in the states of Nevada and California. He is an active member of the American Osteopathic Association, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. Patients have described Dr. Chinichian as friendly, compassionate and with a pleasant bedside manner. Dr. Chinichian is fluent in Spanish and Farsi (Persian). His hobbies include snowboarding, traveling, technology and cars.

Dr. Chinichian's Experience

See how Dr. Chinichian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chinichian

Dr. Chinichian accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Chinichian is now accepting new patients
Nevada Eye Physicians - Centennial Hills6850 N Durango Dr Ste 404
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 896-6043Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chinichian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chinichian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chinichian to family and friends
Dr. Chinichian Says:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Your input helps us serve you better. If you have any remaining concerns, don't hesitate to contact me at my office 702-896-6043.

Dr. Chinichian's Performance
in North Las Vegas, NV |
My wife and myself have seen Ihm because of growing cataract and need surgery. We are very satisfied as he explained everything in full details. The only we would have expected that he would have advised us On the prescription that there are Generic or alternative eyedrops. The one he prescribed are brand names and our copay Was very high. Also all staff at the office have been very friendly and helpful . We can highly recommend this Doctor for any eye problem.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My 4 year old son had eye abrasion and was in extreme pain. Upon arriving in the office Dr. Chinichian tried to open his eye but y son was not having it. He screamed and struggled. It was painful for me as a mother to see him in pain and hold him down. Dr. Chinichian was so patient and caring. He must have Children, because he did great with him. I appreciated his ability to do his job with professionalism and compassion. I would highly recommend him!!!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
My wife suddenly developed a problem with her vision, and we are new in town. We were recommended to Dr. Chinichian, who put her into his schedule that day at 4:10 pm on a Friday afternoon. His office staff were extremely friendly, supportive, and professional when we arrived; we were seen and examined almost immediately by Dr. C, who was also friendly, accommodating, professional, and comprehensive. He found the problem, reassured us, and prescribed treatments. He was very patient and helpful.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
I had cataract surgery, with implants to correct my vision. Dr. Chinichian explained the procedure to me. It made my decision making so easy. I have worn glasses my entire life. Now I only wear reading glasses when on my computer, cell or anything close up. My astigmatism is gone. If I could have afforded the multi focal lens, I would have ditched even the readers. I am very pleased with my results. Dr Chinichian followed me through the whole procedure. I cannot thank him enough. Thanks Dr C.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Sahmon Chinichian was very kind & soft spoken. He explained, listened & offered choices... Never insisting or rushing. All of his staff were friendly & helpful.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Chinichian is very professional and takes the time to explain things so you can understand. He or one of his staff returned my calls when i had questions. I had pink eye and once i had a referal they saw me the same day
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Chinichian was very friendly and attentive. His staff is very professional and helpful. Beautiful and very clean office. I recommend him highly.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
This was my first appointment with "Nevada Eye Physicians" and Dr. Chinichian. I was very impressed with the office building and office. Everything was so clean and orderly and the staff were very friendly. I would gladly recommend this office and Dr. Chinichian to family and friends.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent doctor, was very friendly and explains in detail what's wrong with you. Was able to get in very quickly as an emergency for irritation in my eye. Will be referring family and friends to him!! ??
in Las Vegas, NV |
I liked this guy immediately and then my experience with him confirmed my intuition. Thorough, kind, explains what he's doing and what he's thinking. Also explored lots of options with me before leaping right to surgery.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Chinichian was wonderful. He explained everything about my situation. He was excellent. I have been to many eye Drs. and he is the best. Yes, I would recommend him. The office personnel were friendly and professional. The office environment was perfect. Thanks so much....
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Chinichian! I experienced an eye injury on a Sunday and he scheduled me as his first patient the next morning. Dr. Chinichian was kind and easy to speak with, he really took the time to explain my injury and what to expect. He encourages me to ask questions and I've never felt rushed. The staff is fantastic, the office is beautiful, I couldn't ask for a better experience.
Have you seen Dr. Sahmon Chinichian, DO?
Are you Dr. Chinichian?

Compare Dr. Chinichian

Dr. Chinichian says...

Dr. Chinichian says...

Dr. Chinichian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Allergic Conjunctivitis

Completed in 2016

University Of California Irvine

Graduated in 2007

• Farsi

Dr. Chinichian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chinichian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology