Dr. Safa Maiwand, DDS

Dr. Safa Maiwand, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Safa Maiwand, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Oxnard, CA and has been practicing for 9 years. She graduated from University Of California San Francisco in 2008 and practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read her story

1801 Solar Dr Ste 140

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Maiwand

Dr. Maiwand's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Maiwand "I truly love and have fun practicing dentistry. This is my calling and my passion. I am very privileged and proud to serve my patients at Vista Pacific Dental Care. This practice provides me the opportunity to treat my patients with the highest quality of care in a welcoming and fun environment.I bounce out of bed every morning and look forward to going to work! Dentistry has changed tremendously and is no longer just about filling cavities. As a dentist I am able to improve the health of my patients through education, prevention and treatment. It is truly amazing how a beautiful and healthy smile can change one’s life! Education and Experience Bachelor of Science, Chemistry and BiologySaint Mary’s College of California, 1999Doctor of Dental SurgeryUniversity of California, San Francisco, 2008General Practice ResidencyPalo Alto VA Hospital, 2009Hospital Dentistry with advanced training in oral surgery, endodontics, restorative and prosthodontic dentistry,implant placement and treatment of medically compromised patients. Exodontist/DentistIndian Health Services, Belcourt, ND 2009-2011General DentistPrivate practice, Santa Barbara, CA 2011-2012General DentistVista Pactic Dental Care, Oxnard, CA 2011-Present Continuing education through courses provided across the county are vital to providing my patients with the highest quality of care. I am relentless in my pursuit of education and training opportunities to stay current with new materials and techniques. I strive to continually hone and refine my skills. I am an active member of the Santa Barbara and Goleta Study Club, and read multiple dental journals on a regular basis to stay abreast of current research. Professional Affiliations American Dental Association (ADA), MemberCalifornia Dental Association (CDA), MemberSanta Barbara Ventura County Dental Society (SBVC), MemberSBVC Dental Care Foundation, Board Member Out of the Office I was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. I grew up in Sonoma and lived in San Francisco for 9 years during graduate school and dental school. I am enjoying the weather and lifestyle in Southern California and spend a lot of time outdoors. I enjoy sea kayaking and horseback riding. I love serving the local community and am very involved in volunteer work through the Junior League of Santa Barbara and as a board member of the dental society Dental Care Foundation."

7  Practice Areas

• Loose Teeth
  • Teething
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Tooth Damage

No malpractice history found for California.

• St Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • University Of California San Francisco
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Palo Alto
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Maiwand has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Maiwand has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • Farsi

Dr. Maiwand does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maiwand and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maiwand's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maiwand to family and friends