Dr. Saeed Awan, MD

Pediatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Awan

Dr. Saeed Awan, MD is a pediatric surgery specialist in Orange, CA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from University Of Peshawar / Khyber Medical College in 1986 and specializes in pediatric surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Awan accepts

Dr. Awan accepts the following insurance:

Basic HMO
Access Plus Savenet
Basic PPO
Local Access Plus HMO
Molina Healthcare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Awan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Empyema
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Paracentesis
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Pyloric Stenosis
  • Splenectomy
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

I chose Pediatric Surgery as my specialty because I enjoy the breadth and depth of this field and caring for young patients and their families both in and out of the operating room.

• Pediatric Surgery

Dr. Awan?
Dr. Awan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Saeed Awan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr.Awan one of the best doctors we had seen ,very helpful and he explain very well and answered all my questions . he did my 4 month old surgery and it went great. I will suggest him to all of my family and friends . Thank you so much Dr.Awan god bless you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
Dr Awan performed my daughters gastroschichis repair on her first day of life. he did an excellent job and she doesn't have a scar or any complications at all thank you Dr.Awan!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
Dr. Awan performed an appendectomy on our daughter at 2am. At that late hour, he was patient, alert and reassuring. He answered all of our questions and gave us great confidence in the procedure. His follow up was thorough and professional. We hope to not have need for a surgeon in the future, but if we do, we will definitely return to Dr. Awan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
We met Dr Awan during an emergency trip to CHOC for my 11 year old son who subsequently needed an appendectomy. Dr. Awan came in prior to the surgery to introduce himself. He not only spent time explaining the procedure to us but allowed my son to ask any and all questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Awan who was just as thorough during our check up as well. Thank you for taking the time to allow me to feel at peace during my son's surgery, I knew that he was in good hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
My son had an emergency Appendectomy at CHOC, with Dr. Awan as the surgeon. Dr. Awan prepared us for any issue my son might experience and made us (mom and dad) feel completely comfortable and trusting of Dr Awan's knowledgeable experience in this area. Absolutely EVERYTHING Dr. Awan prepared us for happened without alarm. We thank you for your compassion and fantastic communication at every step. Top notch!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
Dr. Awan performed the Kasai surgery on my daughter when she was less than three months old. He was very thorough, made sure we understood my daughters condition and the procedure/care required. Dr Awan was very patient and always professional. Dr Awan always made himself available to us even after the surgery. Recently, he removed three hernias from my daughter and again he went above and beyond what we expected. ALL scars are VERY minimal you can hardly tell even with her belly button hernia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
We had the best experience with Dr. Awan who performed an appendectomy on our son. He explained everything so well, reassured us, and explained to our son about the procedure. He followed up with us afterwards and gave us the play by play and reassured us. His office staff was so friendly and helpful on our follow up visit. Our experience with Dr. Awan was excellent. He is calm, knowledgeable, and truly cared about our experience. I highly recommend him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
Dr. Awan performed hernia surgery on my 7wks old baby. He did a great job. I truly appreciated the level of professionalism he and his team provided. I also asked so much questions, and Dr.Awan was patient and answered them all. It was a stressful time for me as a parent to see my baby go through that, so to have a surgeon who can put you at ease was needed and appreciated. I recommend Dr. Awan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
In 2014, Dr Awan performed a Kasai surgery on our 2 month old son after he was diagnosed with biliary atresia. Extreme care and urgency was required, and he talked us through the procedure and process. He explained his training in the procedure and the risks and results. My son has not seen the inside of a hospital in over two years, and hasn't had a fight with cholangitis since the summer of 2014. He is doing extraordinarily well. Dr. Awan was instrumental in my son's survival.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
We could not be happier with the care our Son received from Dr. Awan and his surgical team ! Excellent bedside manner, explained everything from start to finish and the after care was phenomenal ! Thank you Dr. Awan !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?
Dr awan walked up through everything with my daughters procedure, made us feel at ease and explained everything. My daughter Aleene felt very comfortable. God bless you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Saeed Awan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Awan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Awan treats patients.