Dr. Sachin Kunde, MD

Dr. Sachin Kunde, MD

Pediatric Gastroenterology | Male

Dr. Kunde is committed to providing family-centered and personalized care to every child and young adult (age 0 to 21 years) we serve. Our approach to family-centered care also ensures that family members are considered part of the health care team. We understand that each patient and family is different and therefore, our approach to treating each patient is unique.

Sachin Kunde, MD, MPH Dr. Sachin Kunde serves as the Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology for WakeMed Children's Hospital and the Director of WakeMed Physician Practices – Pediatric Gastroenterology. He is a board-certified pediatric gastroenterologist with clinical and research interests in inflammatory bowel diseases(Crohn's and colitis), allergic gastrointestinal disorders, fecal microbiota transplantation and endoscopic procedures. Previously, Dr. Kunde served as a pediatric gastroenterologist and the director of endoscopic services for Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI, and as an assistant professor in the Department of Pediatrics & Human Development at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine.Hecompleted a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology,Hepatology and Nutrition at Emory University School ofMedicine in Atlanta and a residency in Pediatrics atChildren's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit. Dr. Kunde completed an internship and received his medical degree from the University of Mumbai in India. He also earned a master's degree in Public Health with a concentration in epidemiology from The University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Kunde is a member of the American Gastroenterological Association, the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America and the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.

Dr. Kunde's Experience

See how Dr. Kunde's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kunde

Dr. Kunde accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kunde has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kunde's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kunde to family and friends
Dr. Kunde's Performance
in Clayton, NC |
Dr. Kunde was very knowledgable and realistic. He actually took the time to listen to my concerns as a mother and I felt that he truly respected them. He explored several options to find ones that I comfortable using with my infant son. I was very pleased when I left from our visit.
in Raleigh, NC |
My daughter is a patient and we love it. The staff is amazing and we would recommend them to anyone!
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Kunde and his team are fantastic! As a nurse practitioner myself, I was impressed by the professionalism of the entire team. Answers to calls and questions are returned promptly and in a very friendly manner. Dr. Kunde was able to solve the root cause of a problem my son has suffered with for 3.5 years, that several other GI professionals have not been able to solve. I am very grateful for Dr. Kunde and his team!
in Phoenix |
Dr. Kunde had perfectly diagnosed the problem with my two year old daughter and did a successful treatment. We went to Dr.Kunde after the diagnosis from the previous practitioner failed. He listened to our problem very patiently and answered all our queries.
in Apex, NC |
My son has been a patient of Dr.Kunde's for over a year. His new diagnosis required a strict diet and 6 endoscopies. Dr.Kunde always made sure we understood the next step in the process. He would type out the instructions with me to make sure I understood. He didn't require unneeded office visits after scopes to get results. You can tell that he makes sure things run on time and he wants the patients and their families taken well care of. I wish more, if not all doctors worked like him.
in Wendell, NC |
Dr. Kunde is personable and knowledgeable. He makes parents and children feel comfortable while working with them to address their medical needs. Highly recommend.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Kunde and his staff are amazing!! Dr. Kunde was able to determine what is wrong with our daughter and did so with great bedside manner. Dr. Kunde's nurses are also terrific and do a fabulous job of going over his instructions and they quickly return phone calls. Highly recommend Dr. Kunde!!!
in Selma, NC |
Dr. Kunde is an amazing specialist, he takes the time to listen to my concerns and spends as much time as needed with my daughter. His staff is friendly and always willing to help with whatever issue is going on at that time. I would highly recommend Dr. Kunde
in Knightdale, NC |
Dr Kunde took great care of my baby girl. He was attentive and was very patient. He made sure that he found a solution to all of her problems. He is very personable as well as knowledgeable and we will recommend him to anyone. He knows what he is doing and we appreciate him greatly.
in Raleigh, NC |
My granddaughter was diagnosed with GERD. Has been under the care of Dr. Kunde, referred from the Wake Health Dept. After months of diet/medication we are finally seeing results of the two. We are thankful for the friendly and patient staff who have assisted the treatment and care. She was apprehensive before the procedure, but found relief with the kind words and sympathy of Wake Med/of course Dr. Kunde's staff at the Gastro Clinic. She's starting to feel like herself again, and is all smiles.
in Garner, NC |
Dr. Kunde did a procedure on my 2 year old son while in the hospital. I had several questions and Dr. Kunde answered my questions with confidence and made me feel confident that he knew what was going to be going on with my son. I was satisified with the outcome of my sons procedure and Dr. Kunde took time afterwards to explain what exactly he saw and what he did. I made a follow up appt. and Dr. Kunde was the very same in the doctors office as he was in the hospital. Very detail and informative
in Princeton, NC |
Dr.Kunde has been a life saver for my son. I wish every child with GI issues could meet him just one time. Dr.Kunde has cared for my son through 2 surgery's and several EGD. He truly cares for his patients.
in Angier, NC |
Dr Kunde is a wonderful doctor, and he has a great team with his nurse, medical assistant, and dietician. Dealing with a very sick 1 year old was tough, but they made it so much easier. I was very pleased with our experience with them.
Apex, NC |
Dr. Kunde is fantastic! We have seen many pediatric GI specialists in the past, and now we have found one that we will keep. Our son has a history of severe constipation. He recently swallowed a foreign object due to pica, and Dr. Kunde performed a colonoscopy and removed the item. He took our son's special needs into consideration, and he listened to me as a parent. He is going to now help our son with his constipation issues. I highly recommend him for the special needs population!
in Oxford, NC |
Dr. Kunde was wonderful! He helped our family with an issue we had been struggling with for almost a decade, and he did it with warmth, smiles, patience, and efficiency. He was very approachable, getting answers from our son that would have embarrassed him otherwise. I HIGHLY recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Sachin Kunde, MD?
Are you Dr. Kunde?

Compare Dr. Kunde

Sachin Kunde, MD, MPH

Dr. Kunde's Care Philosophy

Conditions We Treat

• Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn's Disease andUlcerative Colitis

• Recurrent Clostridium difficile (C. difficile or C-Diff) infection

• Chronic abdominal (belly) pain (lasting for morethan 4 weeks)

• Failure to thrive, loss of weight, poor weight gain

• Chronic diarrhea (lasting for more than 4 weeks)

• Constipation and encopresis (stool accidents or leaking)

• Vomiting

• Gastrointestinal bleeding (from upper or lower GI tract)

• Blood in stool

• Liver diseases, abnormal liver enzymes, jaundice

• Gallbladder and biliary tract disease (such as biliary atresia)

• Pancreatitis

• Reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)

• Difficulty swallowing (dysphasia)

• Esophagitis

• Lactose intolerance

• Intestinal polyps or polyposis syndromes

• Allergy induced GI conditions (such as EosinophilicEsophagitis – EoE or EE)

• H. pylori infection

• Celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders

• Malabsorption

• Short bowel or short gut syndrome

• Gastrointestinal manifestations of cystic fibrosis

• Gastroparesis and other functional GI disorders

Dr. Kunde says...

Our team provides a comprehensive consultation service for the treatment of a wide range of gastrointestinal disorders. We provide out patient services in our office and WakeMed's endoscopy unit as well as inpatient consultation and treatment for pediatric patients at WakeMed Children's Hospital.

Procedures and Services

• Endoscopies: > Upper endoscopy or EGD (Esophagogastro-Duodenoscopy) > Colonoscopy > Sigmoidoscopy

• Collection of biopsies (tiny tissue samples) duringendoscopies to examine under microscope

• Video capsule endoscopy for the assessment of small bowel diseases

• Dilation of esophageal and colonic strictures

• Endoscopic hemostasis techniques (to control gastrointestinal bleeding) such as > Electrocautery> Endoclips and forceps> Submucosal injections

• Endoscopic polypectomy

• Esophageal variceal sclerotherapy and variceal banding

• Foreign body removal from the gastrointestinal track

• Pancreatic stimulation test

• Intraesophageal pH monitoring

• Small bowel biopsy with measurement of intestinalenzymes

• Botox injection in the gastrointestinal tract

• Future services> Anal and esophageal manometry> Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) or fecal bacteriotherapy

Dr. Kunde's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Gastroenterology
    •  Board certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics

Dr. Kunde has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kunde's Board Certifications

• Encopresis
    • Esophageal Dilation
    • Failure to Thrive
    • Food Allergy
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gastrointestinal Malabsorption

University Of Alabama At Birmingham / School Of Publichealth

Completed in 2004

• Hindi
    • Marathi

Dr. Kunde does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kunde and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Gastroenterology

• Biopsy
    • Capsule Endoscopy
    • Colonoscopy
    • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Endoscopic Polypectomy
    • Endoscopy
    • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
    • Esophageal Dilatation