Dr. Sabino Zani Jr, MD

Dr. Sabino Zani Jr, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Sabino Zani Jr, MD is a general surgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 2003 and specializes in general surgery.

200 TRENT DR

Durham, NC 27710

Learn about Dr. Zani Jr

See how frequently Dr. Zani Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cholangiocarcinoma
Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
Pancreatic Cancer

Dr. Zani Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Zani Jr "I am a surgical oncologist and researcher whose primary areas of focus are cancers of the liver and pancreas. As a surgeon I believe in using minimally-invasive techniques when possible to speed up a patients recovery and get them to other avenues of care faster. My research is focused on clinical practice and clinical outcomes. I became interested in surgical oncology because I enjoy the opportunity to restore hope to patients who may feel despair after their initial cancer diagnosis. I aim to restore hope by connecting with patients individually and providing them with options for treatment when they might feel they have none. I also work closely with my radiology oncology and medical oncology colleagues in crafting a treatment and care plan. Working together as a team often allows us to come up with a much better treatment plan than any of us could by ourselves."

• General Surgery

Dr. Zani Jr does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Connecticut Integrative
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Zani Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Zani Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zani Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zani Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zani Jr's Reviews

3.7
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zani Jr to family and friends

Dr. Zani Jr's Performance

Dr. Zani operated on my hernia in 2014. Just two years after coming to Duke. He told me that he placed absorbable tacks in my hernia but in actuality there were metal tacks used. I had pain in my groin for two years afterwards before another surgeon had to fix the problem.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Greetings, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we sincerely apologize for your experience. If you would like to discuss the concerns you raised in this review, please send us an email at DUHSPVR@duke.edu and we would be happy to speak with you.

He is a wonderful doctor & has a wonderful staff
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Never warned me of possibility of debilitating effects after surgery. Had no explanation for my symptoms after surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1