Allergy & Immunology  |
Dr. Saba Samee, MD
Dr. Saba Samee joined the Alexandria & Clinton Allergy Associates in 2002 as a clinician specializing in allergy, asthma, and immunology. Her areas of expertise include asthma, allergy immunotherapy, urticaria, and chronic sinusitis in children and adults. Dr. Samee double-majored in Zoology and Chemistry at Howard University in Washington, D.C. There she was awarded a National Competitive Scholarship for academic excellence award. She was initiated in Beta Kappa Chi Honor Society and Zoology Honor Society. In 1991 Samee was awarded the HUCM Academic Merit Scholarship, which aided her as she attended Howard University College of Medicine. There she received an Honors in Surgery and was awarded the Student Council Service Award. She continued her medical education while interning at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, where she also completed her residency in Internal Medicine with an emphasis in General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics & Women's Health. Upon completing her residency in 1997, she was honored with the Senior Resident Research Commendation and became a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine. In September of that year Samee became part of Healthways Family Medical Center as a solo internal medicine practitioner and Assistant Practice Manager. A year later she left Healthways to join George Washington University Primary Care Associates as the Assistant Professor of Health Care Sciences. In July of 2000, she continued her postdoctoral training at the University of Virginia as a Clinical Fellow in the Department of Medicine - Allergy Asthma and Immunology Division. She presented her research on Hyperpolarized helium at local and national allergy scientific meetings. From 2000 to 2001, Dr. Saba Samee earned several awards, including the President's Grant-in-Aid Award in Asthma and the 3rd place American Board of Allergy and Immunology Von Pirquet Award. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Allergy and Immunology and the National Board of Medical Examiners.

Alexandria

• Health Net
  • PHCS

Learn about Dr. Samee

Dr. Samee's Experience

Dr. Samee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Allergy & Immunology

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Cough

• Lung Spirometry
  • Nebulizer Treatment
  • Patch Testing
  • Xolair® Therapy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Howard University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview Mc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University of Virginia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Samee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Samee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Samee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Samee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Samee to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Samee's Performance
in Alexandria, VA |
We started my young son three years ago with Dr. Saba Samee at the suggestion of my GP. My boy was experiencing asthma and we needed someone we could trust. From day one, Dr. Samee was engaged, professional, and listened carefully to our concerns. She had a calming influence on my son who never fears office visits. Her treatment plan has worked out perfectly for us as my son hasn't had an asthma attack in years. We plan to stay with this practice and I have referrred several neighbors.
in Alexandria, VA |
If I could give Dr. Samee 100+ STARS, I would. She is an EXEMPLARY DOCTOR, as she SAVED my SON'S LIFE. I can not thank her enough. He could not breathe. He cried, and we cried with him. Even the Children's Hospital in DC and the Primary could not get his asthma under control. We felt helpless & hopeless with many emergencies, and missed days at school & work for us. Within months under Dr. Samee's care, she prescribed precisely what he needed, and her asthma plan WORKED. He is free of attacks.
Ft Washington, MD |
Dr. Samee can come off as arrogant and condescending and did not seem to take my concerns seriously.
Alexandria, VA |
My wife and I both see Dr. Samme and are quite pleased. In fact, she saved my wife's life by ordering a chest X-ray. That revealed a Stage I cancer tumor, and surgery safely removed it. My wife had no symptoms and would have never discovered it early without Dr. Samee.
Waldorf, MD |
Dr. Samee is absolutely the best doctor I know of. I have suffered on and off for over 8 years with a chronic Asthma and Sinus. I have received really great care from Dr. Samee for almost about two years, Dr. Samee and her staffs are super nice. Everything you could want from a doctor’s office, Dr. Samee have treat my Asthma and Sinus. Dr. Samee has been a great help to me over the years with my Asthma and Sinus. I trust her opinion and always take their suggestions on-board when deciding what
in clinton, MD |
Dr. Samee is the only Dr. that I saw that figured out why I was having such a horrible time coughing. I coughed so bad it was scary. she ordered test after test and said finally, I will try one more and this was an upper Gastrointestinal study and they final diagnosed with GERD. My coughing is 110% better since I started taking meds for this. Dr. Samee referred me to a Gastroenterologist and a Internal Meds to follow me for other issues. I love and respect her.
Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Samee is dismissive of patients' concerns and condescending in her interactions with patients.
I am committed to listening to my patient's questions and concerns. I make it a point to never be dismissive. I take a very detailed history, perform extensive testing, and review my assessment with the patient. I always welcome questions and allow for the opportunity to have a meaningful dialogue. Unfortunately, sometimes allergies are not the cause of a patient's complaints. I am sorry that you felt this way and I hope we can work on helping you with your concerns.
in Alexandria, VA |
I've been working with Dr. Samee on my allergies for years. She always listens carefully and provides an appropriate level of information with her responses. I will continue to use her. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes when I go in for shots, the waiting room is over-crowded, but that's not Dr. Samee's fault. There are people with no boundaries who bring 3 or more extra people just for one person to get a shot--very annoying.
Have you seen Dr. Saba Samee, MD?

Visit Dr. Samee