Dr. S Ejaz Husain, MD

Dr. S Ejaz Husain, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Associated Ophthalmologist 1212 Pleasant St Ste 202, Des Moines, IA 50309 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

When it comes to your eyes, there is no compromise

Dr. Husain's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Husain's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Husain

Dr. Husain accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Husain has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Husain

Dr. Husain's Review Details
4.5 based on 29 responses
Experience with Dr. Husain
Dr. Husain's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (29)
in West Des Moines, IA |
My ophthalmologist recently referred me to Dr. Husain for cataract surgery. My vision was horrible - 20/1000. After placing toric lenses in both eyes, my vision is 20/25 the day after surgery, and could still improve. My eyes were very tricky, but Dr. Husain did an amazing job of selecting and placing the lenses, and this will be life-changing for me. The entire process was very easy, the office & surgical staff were wonderful, and I can't say enough good things about the entire experience!
in Clive, IA |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes (2 weeks apart) in October of 2010. The results have been truly amazing. With the Tecnis Multifocal Lens (additional cost but worth it) I now see clearly up close and far away. Before I had the surgery I wore contacts for distance vision and supplemented with readers when reading. Now, I can read a menu in a dimly lit restaurant without using any assistance. Dr. Husain advised me that I didn't need to wait for the cataracts to ripen to have the surgery.
in Eldora, IA |
I had Technis multifocal lenses implanted six years ago when I needed cataract surgery. Dr. Husain is very passionate about how he can help his patients and he is right. Six years later, my vision is still perfect! My pre-cataract surgery vision was 20/200 and on my check up this month, it was 20/20. Thank you Dr. Husain!
in Polk City, IA |
It has been 4 weeks since my cataract surgery. Every phase of the correction process for my astigmatism and cataracts was smooth and successful. This is due to Dr. Husain, an expert surgeon, and his excellent team. My vision is vastly improved (20/20) and thus my life enhanced. My appreciation to everyone involved in helping me to achieve such a positive outcome.
in Johnston, IA |
Dr. Husain performed LASIK surgery on my eyes in April 2013. I was 46 years old and had 20/600 vision (BAD). With my latest annual check up (May 2016) my vision is still 20/15. He and everyone on his staff are very professional and courteous. Recommend to everyone. Thank you Dr. Husain!
in Des Moines, IA |
Dr. S Ejaz Husain performed my cataract surgery in April 2016. I continue to be impressed with the thoroughness of this office. I was given a folder containing information on pre and post surgery. It was very helpful and complete. Dr. Husain was kind, caring and compassionate. He was impressive with his staff. They worked well together and made me feel that I couldn't have chosen better people to trust with my vision. I am thrilled with my 20/20 results, and I highly recommend Dr. Husain. Thx
in West Des Moines, IA |
Prior to cataract surgery, I was four times legally blind without correction of my eyesight. Dr. Husain removed the cataracts and implanted multi-focal lenses each with a different power to specifically address my extreme nearsightedness. He, also, made two incisions to correct the astigmatism in my left eye. I now see 20/20, better than ever before in my life without using contact lenses or glasses! Dr. Husain was caring and knowledgeable throughout the process.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Husain performed Lasik eye surgery on me roughly 13 years ago. I was very near sighted prior to surgery and came out with 20/15. He is very professional and caring person. If he doesn't feel something is a good fit for you he will tell you why and not let you wonder. He is very open to question and answer sessions and doesn't rush you on a decision. The only negative experiences have come in the past couple of years with his younger assistants who seem to know it all and lack tactfulness.
Have you seen Dr. Husain?
Are you Dr. Husain? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Husain

• Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Ocular Prosthetics
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University

Graduated in 1990

Completed in 1991

Completed in 1994

Completed in 1996

Dr. Husain has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Husain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Husain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Husain's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
  • Malpractice claims in Iowa not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Husain

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Husain's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Husain

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Husain's Care Philosophy