Dr. S Ejaz Husain, MD

Dr. S Ejaz Husain, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 53 years old

When it comes to your eyes, there is no compromiseRead more

Dr. Husain's Experience

See how Dr. Husain's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Husain

Dr. Husain accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Husain has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Husain's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Husain to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Husain
Dr. Husain's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (32)
in Des Moines, IA |
Professional and courteous personality to go with medical experience. I chose Dr. Husain through personal recommendations after a disappointing experience at another local medical facility. My surgery experience was great and I highly recommend Dr. Husain and his staff. He explains procedures and expectations in person and in writing with time for questions. He listens. His positive personality encourages trust and faith along with his medical experience. I am very happy with my sight!
in ANKENY, IOW |
I TOOK MY PARENTS TO SEE DRS. S. EJAZ AND NAVEEN HUSAIN. I WROTE: DEAR DRS. HUSAIN, I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK YOU BOTH SO VERY MUCH FOR THE AMAZING CARE YOU'VE GIVEN TO MY PARENTS, CAY AND HUYEN NGUYEN. YOU ARE WONDERFUL DOCTORS WHO TRULY CARE ABOUT YOUR PATIENTS. YOUR KINDNESS HAS BEEN SO MUCH APPRECIATED OVER THE YEARS, AND YOUR COMPASSION AND FRIENDLINESS KNOWS NO BOUNDS. PLEASE KNOW OF OUR DAILY PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. FATHER PETE DUC NGUYEN.
in Des Moines, IA |
Dr. Husain and his staff do an excellent job. They were very thorough and thoughtful in attending to all my needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Husain.
in West Des Moines, IA |
My ophthalmologist recently referred me to Dr. Husain for cataract surgery. My vision was horrible - 20/1000. After placing toric lenses in both eyes, my vision is 20/25 the day after surgery, and could still improve. My eyes were very tricky, but Dr. Husain did an amazing job of selecting and placing the lenses, and this will be life-changing for me. The entire process was very easy, the office & surgical staff were wonderful, and I can't say enough good things about the entire experience!
in Clive, IA |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes (2 weeks apart) in October of 2010. The results have been truly amazing. With the Tecnis Multifocal Lens (additional cost but worth it) I now see clearly up close and far away. Before I had the surgery I wore contacts for distance vision and supplemented with readers when reading. Now, I can read a menu in a dimly lit restaurant without using any assistance. Dr. Husain advised me that I didn't need to wait for the cataracts to ripen to have the surgery.
in Eldora, IA |
I had Technis multifocal lenses implanted six years ago when I needed cataract surgery. Dr. Husain is very passionate about how he can help his patients and he is right. Six years later, my vision is still perfect! My pre-cataract surgery vision was 20/200 and on my check up this month, it was 20/20. Thank you Dr. Husain!
in Polk City, IA |
It has been 4 weeks since my cataract surgery. Every phase of the correction process for my astigmatism and cataracts was smooth and successful. This is due to Dr. Husain, an expert surgeon, and his excellent team. My vision is vastly improved (20/20) and thus my life enhanced. My appreciation to everyone involved in helping me to achieve such a positive outcome.
in Johnston, IA |
Dr. Husain performed LASIK surgery on my eyes in April 2013. I was 46 years old and had 20/600 vision (BAD). With my latest annual check up (May 2016) my vision is still 20/15. He and everyone on his staff are very professional and courteous. Recommend to everyone. Thank you Dr. Husain!
in Des Moines, IA |
Dr. S Ejaz Husain performed my cataract surgery in April 2016. I continue to be impressed with the thoroughness of this office. I was given a folder containing information on pre and post surgery. It was very helpful and complete. Dr. Husain was kind, caring and compassionate. He was impressive with his staff. They worked well together and made me feel that I couldn't have chosen better people to trust with my vision. I am thrilled with my 20/20 results, and I highly recommend Dr. Husain. Thx
in West Des Moines, IA |
Prior to cataract surgery, I was four times legally blind without correction of my eyesight. Dr. Husain removed the cataracts and implanted multi-focal lenses each with a different power to specifically address my extreme nearsightedness. He, also, made two incisions to correct the astigmatism in my left eye. I now see 20/20, better than ever before in my life without using contact lenses or glasses! Dr. Husain was caring and knowledgeable throughout the process.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Husain performed Lasik eye surgery on me roughly 13 years ago. I was very near sighted prior to surgery and came out with 20/15. He is very professional and caring person. If he doesn't feel something is a good fit for you he will tell you why and not let you wonder. He is very open to question and answer sessions and doesn't rush you on a decision. The only negative experiences have come in the past couple of years with his younger assistants who seem to know it all and lack tactfulness.
Have you seen Dr. S Ejaz Husain, MD?
Are you Dr. Husain?

Compare Dr. Husain

Dr. Husain's Care Philosophy

When it comes to your eyes, there is no compromise

Dr. Husain's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Iowa not available

Dr. Husain has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

Why It Matters: Dr. Husain's Board Certifications

• Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

Completed in 1996

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Husain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Husain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Ocular Prosthetics
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.