Dr. Ryan Zimmerman, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Greater Chesapeake Hand Spec PA 1400 Front Ave Ste 100 Lutherville, MD 21093 Get Directions
Dr. Ryan Zimmerman, MD
Dr. Zimmerman earned his M.D. from Johns Hopkins and completed Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Harvard, where he served as the Chief Orthopaedic Resident at Massachusetts General Hospital. He specializes in conditions of the entire upper limb, from shoulder to fingertip and treats patient of all ages.

Dr. Zimmerman's Care Philosophy

Care is individualized to each patient. Whenever possible, I recommend nonsurgical options first. When surgery is an option, I discuss why it might help you, what is likely to happen without surgery and exactly what surgery and recovery would entail. I never pressure patients into surgery and I do my best to give you the information you need to make whatever decision is right for you.

Dr. Zimmerman's Experience

See how Dr. Zimmerman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zimmerman

Dr. Zimmerman accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Zimmerman is now accepting new patients
Greater Chesapeake Hand Spec PA1400 Front Ave Ste 100
Lutherville, MD 21093
(410) 296-6232Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Zimmerman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zimmerman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zimmerman to family and friends
Dr. Zimmerman's Performance
in Baltimore, Md |
Dr. Zimmerman was fantastic. I severely cut myself in Cuba, and I was able to see him promptly and schedule am almost emergency surgery very quickly. His office is professional and responsive. There was significant damage, all of which he was able to fix.
in Bel Air, MD |
Excellent care for surgery and treatment of my right wrist fracture. Explained everything, patient and good bedside manner.
As a health care provider as well, I must say that I have been thoroughly impressed by Dr Zimmerman and his treatment of me. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced, as well as friendly and comforting. He takes the time to listen to his patients and their concerns. He explains everything (from diagnosis and treatment) thoroughly. I even travel 1.5 hours, one-way, to see him! I would not hesitate to refer any of my patients to him. He's the best! His secretary, Terry, is great too!
Baltimore, MD |
If I could pick just one word to describe Dr. Ryan Zimmerman, it would be excellence. From the friendly greeting all the way through the surgical procedure to the follow up visit, everything with my hand was taken care of in an excellent fashion. His staff is friendly and responsive, he make you feel like your condition and situation are the only ones he's going to see that day, the procedure was explained in detail to me and the follow-up and post-op care are outstanding.
in Towson, MD |
Dr. Zimmerman performed trigger finger release surgery after two treatments with cortisone. At the time of the second cortisone treatment he stated if the condition returns surgery would be the best option. He explained the procedure in detail and what to expect afterwards. Due to my occupation (auto mechanic) I would be off work until the incision was fully healed. Surgery was done in an afternoon and healed as expected. Using a quote from my occupation, my hand is "functioning as designed".
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Zimmerman treated me for a broken wrist and broken shoulder. He performed surgery on my wrist. Everything went so well with the surgery that I would certainly not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He was kind and professional, his office is easy to work with and everyone at Chesapeake Hand Specialist that I dealt with was friendly and competent.
in Baltimore, MD |
Wonderful, helpful, nice
in Delta, PA |
Dr Zimmerman was truly terrific. I really wish he was a primary care doctor. I would go to him in a minute!! His humor, compassion and manner were wonderful. I felt completely comfortable with him. He alleviated my fear about my hand. He answered all of my questions and even drew a diagram to explain how my condition happened. His treatment was carefully explained and even though it was a steroid injection into my hand it did not hurt at all. Best of all the pain stopped!!
in Abingdon , MD |
I've been an RN for a VERY long time , so I'm judgmental of doctors . I was referred to Dr. Zimmerman by primary physician . Best referral ever . From day one to last follow up appointment I found Dr. Zimmerman to be humble yet confident, professional yet not stuffy (he wears the coolest socks ) His staff is as accommodating and pleasant as he is ...Don't let the baby face fool you ..He KNOWS what he is doing ! He fixed me ! Isn't that what it is all about ? I sing his praises ! ! !
in Forest Hill, MD |
Dr Zimmerman provided me with an excellent surgical outcome for my devastating elbow break. My recovery and range of mobility far exceeded my expectations for the injury I had. His knowledge and guidance was exceptional.
He explained my problem and the surgery thoroughly. I felt very comfortable and not pressured to have the surgery, but I'm glad I did. I'm very happy with the outcome.
in Baltimore, MD |
I could not have been happier with the care I received from Dr Zimmerman. From pre-op to post-op all went perfectly and he has a fantastic bedside manner. He went above and beyond to accommodate a special request that I had for the surgery. I would certainly send my family members to him.
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Zimmerman, MD?
Are you Dr. Zimmerman?

Compare Dr. Zimmerman

Dr. Zimmerman says...

Dr. Zimmerman earned his M.D. from Johns Hopkins and completed Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Harvard, where he served as the Chief Orthopaedic Resident at Massachusetts General Hospital.  He specializes in conditions of the entire upper limb, from shoulder to fingertip and treats patient of all ages.

Dr. Zimmerman's Care Philosophy

Care is individualized to each patient.  Whenever possible, I recommend nonsurgical options first.  When surgery is an option, I discuss why it might help you, what is likely to happen without surgery and exactly what surgery and recovery would entail.  I never pressure patients into surgery and I do my best to give you the information you need to make whatever decision is right for you.

Dr. Zimmerman says...

Dr. Zimmerman provides surgical and nonoperative care of conditions involving the hand, shoulder and elbow.  Specific procedures include, but are not limited to:

-Carpal Tunnel Surgery

-Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery

-Shoulder Replacement

-Nerve Decompression and Repair

-Tendon Repair

Dr. Zimmerman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Arthritis of the Shoulder

Raymond M Curtis Hand Cr Union Meml Hosp

Completed in 2015

University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Zimmerman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zimmerman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery