Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ryan Takenaga, MD
Dr. Ryan Takenaga, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Oxford, NC. He is 45 years old. Dr. Takenaga is affiliated with North Carolina Specialty Hospital.

107 E McClanahan St

Oxford, NC 27565

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Medicare
  • Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Takenaga

Dr. Takenaga's Experience

Dr. Takenaga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bone Cancer
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement : 8/18/2014
    Nature of Complaint: OUT OF STATE CLAIM: IA. Reported by the North Carolina Medical Board INCIDENT LOCATION: IOWA CITY, IA PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: Patient sustained a traumatic wound to left upper arm and presented to the ER.He taken to the OR by General Surgery for wound evaluation, irrigation and debriement, & closure. Orthopedics was consulted intraoperatively for wound evaluation and closure. As a 2nd year resident, I scrubbed in with my attending on the case. My attending and I closed the wound, and unknown to us at the time, an iatrogenic injury occurred to the nerve. Postoperatively, a median nerve palsy was noted and patient was taken back to the OR by our Hand Team and a vicryl suture was noted to penetrate a portion of the median nerve and was tensioning it to the triceps. This was removed. Nerve was in continuity and no repair was indicated by Hand Team. Patient's median nerve deficits were monitored regularly postoperatively by Hand Specialist. "I was not named as a defendant in the case, but listed it here because I was involved in the care of the patient."

• University of California, Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
  • Biola University
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Takenaga has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Takenaga has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Takenaga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Takenaga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Takenaga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Takenaga to family and friends
Dr. Takenaga's Performance
Henderson, NC |
outstanding dr. and surgeon.
Raleigh, NC |
The professionalism of all the staff, including P.T was of the highest quality. Dr. Takenaga was such a personal, caring, and informative physician that I have ever encountered. They were the Best!
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Takenaga is a absolutely the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever dealt with. He always comes with a smile, very knowledgeable and though I came to see him for my Rotar Cuff injury and I was told I needed surgery on both shoulders. Dr. Takenaga decided to try a steroid injection and to my pleasure it has helped relieve some of the pain (anything is better than nothing) Thank you Dr. Takenaga, I truly appreciate you!
in Henderson N.C. |
My experience with Dr. Takenaga and his staff was excellent
in Oxford, NC |
I had arthroscopic knee surgery done by Dr. Takenaga in December. He explained the procedure, expected results, and recovery time very clearly. Day of surgery, he again asked if I had any questions and everything went well. I had misplaced my post op exercise instructions, and Dr. Takenaga's assistant promptly sent them to me. I'm a nurse and have high expectations. They were met!
in Oxford, NC |
I like how he takes time to talk to me. I always have questions. That's my way of learning and understanding my conditions. I like his energy, thoroughly. He gives you time to discuss options or plans. He is the doctor, not me. Thanks!
Henderson, NC |
Excellent carpal tunnel release surgeon. Dr. Takenaga is prompt and very thorough with his exams. He does not rush during your visit. He makes sure that his patients understand what their particular medical issue is and what can be done to help. He does not push you to have surgery and will give other treatment options that may help. If surgery is needed he will go the extra mile to explain in detail why it is needed and what the end results should be.
in Youngsville, NC |
Dr Takenaga is very knowledgeable and has a very nice bedside manner. He is very concerned about your health before, during and after your surgery. If I have other issue, I'll be contacting him again.
in Henderson, NC 27537 |
I've only known Dr..Taken against 4 a short period of time and I am very pleased and satisfied with the surgery he did 4 me I was in a lot of pain and he worked very fast and quickly with me 2 talk with me and perform my surgery. I am greatly appreciated and I thank God 4 him he is a blessing I will recommended him 2 anyone.
in Henderson, NC |
Dr. Takenaga is very sensitive and very concerned about what is going on with my body. He's very polite and give you the opportunity to talk as well. I have a doctor-patient relationship with him.
in Henderson NC |
There are so many great things that myself and my husband could say about Dr Takenaga. My husband had tennis elbow really bad to the point it was unbearable. He was terrified about surgery but after meeting and speaking with Dr. T he agreed to have the surgery. Dr T sat down and explained all that would be done in operating room and his recovery. His bed side manners are absolutely phenomenal he truly cares about his patients. If an issue arises the dr himself will call you. Thank you Dr. T.
in Roxboro NC |
Super nice Dr and had wonderful results from my surgery.
in Roxboro NC |
My experience was great!
in Henderson, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Takenaga for surgery on the knee (meniscus tear) I found his bedside manner to be both professional and thorough. After an MRI my surgery was scheduled quickly and follow-up was very helpful! The entire staff at Triangle Orthopaedic was great!
Knowledgeable, Great Doctor. I would go back to get anything done especially with him.
in Oxford, NC |
Excellent Dr. listens and understands and treats you as if he is truly concerned. Excellent bedside. My surgery on my right knee wen great and he has really followed through with me... I am not a good listener and do not know when to stay down and rest, but he has walked me through it. I highly recommend him.
in Halifax, Va |
My experience was very good - He is very friendly and knowlegable.
in South Boston, VA |
After having my left hip relaced in 2008 with less than stellar results, I was very lucky to meet Ryan Takenaga through my insurance person. He replaced my right one with expertise, skill and elan. My chronic and acute pain is now an ugly memory. I recommend Dr. Takenaga to anyone with no reservations whatsoever. Bob Corelle
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Takenaga, MD?
Are you Dr. Takenaga?