Dr. Ryan Scruggs, MD

Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male

Dr. Ryan Scruggs, MD
My main goal is to provide is to provide cutting edge ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery in a compassionate manner.

Dr. Scruggs' Care Philosophy

I aim to provide the highest quality of care that is tailored to the individual patient in a compassionate and friendly manner, while being accessible through the entire process. I thoroughly evaluate the individual and have a detailed discussion to determine the patient's specific goals, needs, and expectations to come up with an individualized treatment plan. Often the treatment plan does not involve surgery, however if surgery is the best course, I ensure that the patient has a clear understanding of our plan and feels that all of their concerns have been addressed.

Dr. Scruggs' Experience

See how Dr. Scruggs' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scruggs

Dr. Scruggs accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Scruggs is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Scruggs has admitting privileges.

Dr. Scruggs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scruggs to family and friends
Dr. Scruggs Says:

Thank you for all of the feedback and reviews.

Dr. Scruggs' Performance
in Winter Park, FL |
Had eye lid surgery and I couldn't be happier.; improved vision and improved look. It looks natural and not with a startled look. Surgery was quick, painless and healing was very quick. Operation was Thursday and almost all discoloration was gone by Monday.
Orlando, FL |
Where do I start, I was having problems with my eyes for over 3 years. I went to several eye doctors. Then I found Dr. Scruggs. He explained the symptoms regarding my eyes and helped me to understand what was happening. His patience with me was amazing. The staff was was friendly and kind to make sure your visits go well. I would recommend Dr. Scruggs to friends, colleagues, and family. I had to have an eye surgery and I feel tremendous. Dr. Scruggs is deliberate in his care
in Deland, FL |
Dr. Scruggs and staff are very efficient. My husband had upper eyelid surgery. Dr. Scruggs did an excellent job of performing the operation. Would recommend him for the surgery.
in Deland, FL |
Dr. Scruggs performed surgery on my right eye after I had a nerve to my eye cut during cancer surgery. He added a weight to the eye lid and tightened the lower lid. I am very satisfied with this surgery and the results. He is very professional yet approachable. He takes jis time with you and answers all your questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Scruggs.
in Orlando, FL |
I had both a lower eyelid correction and upper eyelid reductions done. I am extremely satisfied with the results and would highly recommend Dr. Scruggs. He was approachable, friendly and very capable.
Orlando, FL |
I'm sure he is an adequate doctor, but I made an appointment 2 months prior to first office visit, only to be told that my 11am appointment was going to be delayed at least an hour. the inefficiency of this practice is unacceptable. I was told by his receptionist 2 diametrically opposite wait times. He schedules multiple appointments at the same time. Sorry, I don't have time to wait hours for maybe adequate service. I wish him well for those that have nothing else to do but wait.
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Scruggs, MD?
Are you Dr. Scruggs?

Compare Dr. Scruggs

Dr. Scruggs' Care Philosophy

I aim to provide the highest quality of care that is tailored to the individual patient in a compassionate and friendly manner, while being accessible through the entire process.  I thoroughly evaluate the individual and have a detailed discussion to determine the patient's specific goals, needs, and expectations to come up with an individualized treatment plan.  Often the treatment plan does not involve surgery, however if surgery is the best course, I ensure that the patient has a clear understanding of our plan and feels that all of their concerns have been addressed.

Dr. Scruggs says...

I completed one of only four ACGME approved ASOPRS (American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) fellowships in the country.  My training provided extensive exposure to all aspects of ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery including eyelid, orbital, lacrimal, and cosmetic surgery.  I am not a general ophthalmologist that "dabbles" in eyelid surgery, but rather my entire practice is devoted to ophthalmic plastic surgery.

Upper and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty

Tearing

Ectropion/Entropion Repair

Orbital Surgery

Dr. Scruggs says...

Thank you for all of the feedback and reviews.

We work really hard to provide our patients the best care and appreciate the kind words. We realize that wait time is extremely important and we value our patients' time.  One of my main goals in continuing to improve our practice is to decrease the wait to get an appointment and the wait time in the office.  We are continually making changes to increase efficiency, while still providing each patient with sufficient time to address their needs.  This can be difficult due to the complexity of many of our patients and need for urgent appointments, however we are committed to decreasing the time to first appointment and wait time.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Dr. Scruggs' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Scruggs has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Scruggs' Board Certifications

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Kresge Eye Institue-Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstuctive Surgery

Completed in 2014

University Of California At Los Angeles

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Scruggs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scruggs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery