Dr. Ryan Palmer, DO

Dr. Ryan Palmer, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ryan Palmer, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Dublin, OH. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

6770 Avery Muirfield Dr

Dublin, OH 43017

• Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Palmer

See how frequently Dr. Palmer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Disorders
Joint Pain
high

Dr. Palmer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Palmer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Palmer "Dr. Ryan Palmer is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee total joint reconstruction. He received his bachelor's degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and attended medical school at Ohio University's Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, Ohio. Following graduation, Dr. Palmer completed his orthopedic surgery residency through OhioHealth at Doctor's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. His residency included extensive training at Grant Medical Center and Nationwide Children's Hospital. At the conclusion of his residency, Dr. Palmer traveled to Houston, Texas, where he completed an Adult Reconstruction/Total Joint Arthroplasty Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Palmer's practice offers a full array of hip and knee replacement procedures, from primary replacement to complex revision. For total hip arthroplasty, Dr. Palmer performs both the anterior approach as well as the mini-posterior approach. He also offers a full spectrum of ligament-preserving and substituting total knee replacement techniques, including unicompartmental knee arthroplasty and bicruciate retaining total knee arthroplasty. Dr. Palmer is trained to perform CT-free, robotic-assisted partial knee replacements using the Blue Belt NavioTM Surgical System. Dr. Palmer also performs joint preservation procedures such as hip and knee arthroscopy when patients may not require a joint replacement. Dr. Palmer holds privileges at Dublin Methodist Hospital, New Albany Surgical Hospital, Grant Medical Center, and the New Albany Surgery Center. He currently is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Ohio Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic Association, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics."

This content was provided by Dr. Palmer ""I am proud to be a part of OrthoNeuro, which I believe is uniquely positioned in Central Ohio to provide not only high quality but comprehensive musculoskeletal care through many sub-specialties. My sub-specialty training in hip and knee preservation, replacement and reconstruction allows me to provide a customized surgical or non-surgical treatment strategy to my patients. My wife and I are proud to be raising our family in our home state and look forward to becoming involved in the vibrant Columbus community." "

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Palmer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Impingement
  • Hip Pain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Meniscus Tear

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Miami University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • Ohio Univ College Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Doctors Hospital Ohio Health
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Baylor College Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Palmer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Palmer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Palmer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Palmer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Palmer to family and friends
Dr. Palmer's Performance
in Dublin OH |
Could tell Dr. Palmer and his staff of one were not listening. Worst experience ever.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our practice. The comments you have provided are incredibly valuable to us and will help improve our services in the future.
in Columbus, OH |
My husband Robert had an appointment today with this wonderful man. He is like no other. He takes time with you, he looks you in the eye and makes sure you understand every word he says..We are elderly and he was so kind and gentle. He explained all our options..what a different this doctor will make in people's lives..so glad we found him at ortho Neuro.. best we have had in many m any years.. you can tell right off that he really cares about people..if you want the best in his field..go there
in Westerville Ohio |
I had many concerns about surgery because of my BMI and age but Dr. Palmer made me feel so comfortable and positive about my upcoming surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who is considering hip surgery.
in New Lexington, Ohio |
I had a knee sepsis in March 2016 ,it continued for months. After four doctors, knee aspirations n lab work, I finally found Dr Palmer. When I was clear, I had my knee replaced 12/27/2016. I was walking without a cane in two weeks .Great , compassionet Doctor. I'd highly recommend him.
in Lewis Center, OH |
Dr. Palmer is an excellent doctor! He explains technical medical terms in a way that is understandable. He explains pros and cons of different procedures and long term planning. He gives hope for the future!
in Canal Winchester, OH |
On my first visit wth Dr Palmer he reviewed my x-rays and recommended a "partial" knee vs a full. Shortly thereafter I completed the procedure and could not be happier with our decision. The entire process has been exactly as he described. His staff are wonderful as well. I'm still working on my physical therapy but the transformation to this point is AMAZING! I have already recommended Dr Palmer and always will!
in Bucyrus, Ohio |
I consider myself very lucky to have had Dr Palmer as my surgeon. He is as nice a guy as he is a great surgeon. His explanation of my problem and how he would fix it made me feel confident I had the right Doctor. Thank You Dr. Palmer.
in Columbus, OH |
He is very hands on and listens to your concerns. I would consider him to anybody. He does excellent work! His whole team is awesome.
in Chillicothe, OH |
I originally had an appointment with another orthopedic surgeon but the wait for an appointment was too long. Dr. Palmer's name was given as a referral after visiting an orthopedic urgent care. I am SO happy that I chose him as my surgeon. I had an anterior hip replacement. He was so informative of the procedure and what could be expected. He is a caring and thoughtful doctor that I would highly recommend.
in Gahanna, OH |
I was experiencing problems with my left knee and was referred to Dr. Palmer for evaluation. After (MRI) he concluded by best option was a total knee replacement. My biggest concern was post surgery mobility. Dr. Palmer assured me that I would be mobile. As soon as the anesthesia wore off I got on my feet and began moving. Five weeks later I was released to work full duty but the best part was ending forty years of restricted motion and various levels of pain. Dr. Palmer and staff are superior.
in Columbus, OH |
DR. Palmer is a wonderful surgeon who helped me out with my avn condition. The amount of pain I suffered from soon went away after surgery. Thank you Dr. Palmer
in Columbus, OH |
Dr Palmer is caring, supportive and enthusiastic about his work. He helped me better understand my problem. We discussed options and + and - of each. He did not push for a surgical solution. I wish all doctors were like this!
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Palmer, DO?

Visit Dr. Palmer

Dr. Palmer accepts 10 insurance carriers
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC