Dr. Ryan Meis, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine | Male

CNOS, PC 575 N Sioux Point Rd Dakota Dunes, SD 57049 Get Directions
Dr. Ryan Meis, MD
Dr. Ryan Meis was raised in Crescent, IA, then attended Morningside College where he was a 4 year starter and First-Team Academic All-American shortstop on the baseball team. He then returned to the Omaha area for medical school at Creighton University, before moving on to Madison, WI for an orthopaedic surgery residency. Dr. Meis next spent a year with Dr. James Andrews at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, AL where he completed a fellowship in sports medicine and knee and shoulder surgery. He has been with CNOS since 2005. Dr. Meis is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Arthroscopy Association of North America. He has achieved subspecialty certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine. He serves as the team physician for Morningside College and assists with care of multiple high school teams. Dr. Meis also lectures and demonstrates shoulder procedures nationally.

Dr. Meis' Care Philosophy

I am dedicated to the individualized and personal care of each of my patients and their unique circumstances. Due to my own experiences and specialty training, I have chosen to focus my practice on the care of patients with athletic injuries and specialty care of knee, shoulder, and elbow disorders. My experience in Birmingham has provided me with a special appreciation for and understanding of injuries to the throwing athlete.

Dr. Meis' Experience

See how Dr. Meis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meis

Dr. Meis accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Meis is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Meis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Meis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meis to family and friends
Dr. Meis' Performance
in Dakota Dunes |
I have found Dr. Meis to be very forthright and very knowledgeable in all of my circumstances. I trust Dr. Meis completely.
in Salix, IA |
Dr. Meis is very patient, caring and professional. My husband and four of my children have injured themselves and have been treated by Dr. Meis (some more than once). Each time we were there, he was thorough in his evaluation and had a great bedside manner. He never appears rushed and takes the time to explain everything in a manner you can understand. He appears very genuine and I believe he truly cares about each patient.
in Jefferson, SD |
Dr. Meis is always very friendly and takes the time to get to know his patients. He takes his clinical knowledge of conditions and procedures and explains it in a way that his patients can understand. He fixed my shoulder after years of wear and tear from volleyball and examined my knee when I was having pain. I am happy to say I am now pain free and the whole process could not have been any more smooth! I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic care.
in North Sioux City, SD |
Dr. Meis is an excellent surgeon and a great guy. He takes a genuine interest in each patients outcome.
Very competent and compassionant
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Meis is the best!!! Most importantly, he did a fabulous job on my total knee replacement. I have had no issues at all and it's wonderful to have a functioning knee again so after many years. I should have had surgery years ago. But it was also his friendly, thorough, and attentive approach that really put me to ease. So now I'm going back next month to have him fix my shoulder!
in Sioux City, IA |
I went years under a surgeons care in Southern California for osteoarthritis. That time was miserable. After seeing Dr Meis he acknowledged the pain I must be dealing with and scheduled a replacement for me. Since my surgery my life has changed. My knee NEVER hurts. I work on my feet all day pain free. Every time I see Dr Meis I just want to give him a hug. His bedside manor and team are phenomenal. If you find yourself in need of a surgery you should be so lucky to have Dr Meis and his team.
in Sioux City, IA |
Dr. Meis has performed two surgeries on me. Siouxland is blessed to have an orthopedic surgeon the caliber of Dr. Meis. There is absolutely no reason anyone in Siouxland would ever have to leave the area for a larger city for orthopedic care. He is truly exceptional. In addition, he is a wonderful and caring man.
in Sioux City, IA |
Dr Meis is best I have ever worked with. Incredible knowledge and great communication during challenging times (injuries). I recommend him and his staff to everyone in need of care
North Sioux City, SD |
I would highly recommend Dr. Meis! Not only is he an excellent doctor but his kindness and personality are hard to beat!
Hurley, SD |
Dr . Meis is the most personable doctor o have ever been too ! He not only has an amazing professional manner but takes extra time to explain every step and answers any questions you may have ' He even met me early in his day to accommodate my schedule !
in Sioux City, IA |
No one cares about their patients success and quality of life like Dr Meis. No hassles, no waiting, and complete success is what I experienced with Dr Meis. Answered all my questions and treated me like I was a professional athlete. I truly hope I never have to see any other orthopedic surgeon. If your looking for answers, looking to get healthy from an injury or looking for a better quality of life, Dr Meis is your surgeon and I know at least 50 other police officers who feel the same way.
Sioux City, IA |
He is the best orthopedic doctor in the area. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone.
in North Sioux City, SD |
I recently injured my arm and had surgery by Dr. Meis . He is an excellent surgeon and my recovery is going nicely. I'm giving Ryan a 12 on a 10 point scale for competency as a surgeon and the same for his medical bed side manor. Explaining the procedure and what my recovery would entail in simple to understand language. I would and have recommended Dr. Meis.
in Sioux City, IA |
Dr Ryan Meis operated on my knees during the summer of 2011 (left knee July, right knee October). I had the greatest of care during and post operation. Follow ups we're in a timely manner with emphasis on walking with a more profound up right position. I would recommend Dr Meis to any and all people with knee problems.
in Lawton, IA |
5-star, Top-notch care!!! As a healthcare professional myself, I know there's a huge difference between care and exceptional care, Dr. Meis provides EXCEPTIONAL care! He has a wonderful personality, great bedside manner, coupled with tremendous knowledge and skill. Dr. Meis has cared for me and many of my family and friends. Siouxland is very fortunate to have Dr. Meis as part of our community. Thank you, Dr. Meis, for taking exceptional care of me, my family, friends and Siouxland.
in Dakota Dunes, SD |
Ryan Meis is probably the most personable doctor I have ever met. If he is ever in a bad mood or stressed out, I would never know. He has professional, thorough, and compassionate. I highly recommend his services!
Sioux City, IA |
Dr. Meis is hands-down the best Orthopedic Surgeon in the tri-state area. It is not always easy to find a doctor with great surgical skills as well as a good bed-side manner. Dr. Meis has both. He is excellent at taking into consideration his own professional opinion as well as the opinion of his patients, in order to give his patients the best treatment options available.
in Sioux City, IA |
Our son sustained a ankle dislocation and leg fracture during a college football game. Dr. Meis surgically repaired the ankle and leg. He fully explained the injury, discussed the X-rays, the surgical process and potential recovery time. Dr. Meis has a great "bedside manner" and is a great person. He was an athlete, understands the athlete and knows how to communicate with the patient who has just suffered a set back. His staff and PA Nicole did a wonderful job during follow up and rehab.
in Sioux City, IA |
Dr. Meis is dedicated and consistently goes above and beyond for his patients.
in Dakota Dunes, SD |
Dr. Meis is not only a talented and likable surgeon, he has great abilities to relate to patients and loved ones. I would highly recommend Dr. Meis as a surgeon and as a person.
in Remsen, Iowa |
I trust & fully recommend Dr. Meis.i
in Sioux City, Ia. |
I recommend all of my family and friends to Dr. Ryan. I believe he is the best in the business at what he does. I trust him with all of our family concerns. Dr Ryan is both extremely knowledgeable but also very caring. We appreciate him tremendously
in Sioux City |
If you need any knee work he's the man! Fixed my brother up by putting in a new knee and dramatically improved his quality of life. Diagnosed my issue which prevented an unnecessary surgery. Great for athletes who want to get back in the game.
Sioux City, IA |
Dr Meis was very thorough and attentive with every aspect of my sons ACL surgery and follow up care. I would highly recommend him to family and friends. The entire team at CNOS was great!
in Sioux City, IA |
He is very patient and understanding in taking the routine of medicine and care to a level that you can understand.
in Dakota Dunes, SD |
Ryan is approachable and attentive. He also explains in laymen terms what the issue is and how to resolve it.
Sergeant Bluff, IA |
Exceptional
in Sioux City, IA |
Despite being early am on a Sunday, Dr Meis spent time explaining things to me & answering a litany of questions before operating on my knee. Forward three months and it's clear that he's a fantastic surgeon because my knee is as good as new.
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Meis, MD?
Are you Dr. Meis?

Compare Dr. Meis

Dr. Meis says...

Dr. Meis is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.  He has achieved subspecialty certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine. He serves as the team physician for Morningside College and assists with care of multiple high school teams. Dr. Meis also lectures and demonstrates shoulder procedures nationally.

Dr. Meis' Care Philosophy

Dr. Meis says...

Specializing in shoulder, knee, and elbow procedures.

Dr. Meis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Dakota not available

• Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certified, -

Dr. Meis has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Meis' Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Creighton University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1999

University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinic

Completed in 2004

American Sports Medicine Institute (Dr. James Andrews)

Completed in 2005

Morningside College

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Meis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine