Dr. Ryan Dabbs, MD

Dr. Ryan Dabbs, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ryan Dabbs, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

9430 Park West Blvd Ste 130

Knoxville, TN 37923

Learn about Dr. Dabbs

See how frequently Dr. Dabbs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Fracture
Elbow Injuries
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Dabbs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Dabbs' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Dabbs " Dr. Ryan Dabbs was born and raised in Knoxville. He traveled to the University of Colorado in Boulder to earn his undergraduate degree. After attending medical school at East Tennessee State University- Quillen College of Medicine in Johnson City, he completed a comprehensive orthopaedic surgery residency at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. Dr. Dabbs has a specialized interest in shoulder, hip, and knee joint replacement and joint preserving arthroscopy. He focuses on the anterior muscle-sparing approach for hip replacements and is one of the few surgeons in East Tennessee certified to use the robotic assisted hip and knee replacement system. Dr. Dabbs has extensive experience treating acute patient injuries and complex fractures. Dr. Dabbs is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Orthopaedic Trauma Association. His varied interests include involvement with his church, spending time with his wife and daughters, and outdoor activities including camping, golf, and running. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee. "

This content was provided by Dr. Dabbs "I am a very patient-centered orthopaedic surgeon spending a lot of time making sure my patients and their families understand and are comfortable with their treatment plan. I treat painful hips, knees, and shoulders without surgery when possible and with cutting-edge techniques, like the direct anterior minimally invasive total hip approach and robotic assisted surgery, if an operation becomes necessary. "

Dr. Dabbs does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Colorado
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • E Tn State Univ J H Quillen Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine

Dr. Dabbs has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dabbs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dabbs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dabbs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dabbs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dabbs to family and friends
Dr. Dabbs' Performance
I would highly recommend Dr. Dabbs to anyone needing hip replacement. Dr. Dabbs did double hip replacement surgery on me, and it was so successful that I was able to return to work in just a little over 2 weeks! He was very kind, easy to talk to, and understanding of my situation. I live alone and didn't want to go to a nursing care facility. He arranged for a nurse and physical therapist to come to my home several times a week. My hip pain is completely gone!!! A Wonderful Doctor!!!
Hello, we strive for 100 percent satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Ryan L. Dabbs, M.D.. Thank you so much again for your feedback. We hope you have a great day.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Dabbs put in an artificial elbow, shoulder surgery, and replaced my artificial meniscus which cracked due to a fall. I was very fortunate that Dr. Dabbs worked in the ER at Parkwest that evening. All of the surgeries were very successful.
Hi Dorly Bertoli, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Ryan L. Dabbs, M.D.. We're happy we could meet your expectations!
in Lenoir City, TN |
I am so glad that I found Dr. Dabbs, was able to put my trust in him and his staff. Having had the unusual procedure of two hip replacements at once and never having had major surgery before, it could have been very traumatic for me. Dr. Dabbs and his staff put me at ease as much as possible and gave me the confidence in him that I needed to get through this. He & his staff are always available, take the time needed to address every issue & to emphasize with you.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Ryan Dabbs is a fantastic physician.My husband and I both see him and we have recommended friends and family to him. He spends time with you and answers each question and his assistants, Kelly and Kelly, are super. It is refreshing to see a doctor who truly cares abut his patients. I would recommend Dr Dabbs to anyone!
in Knoxville, TN |
I only had a slight ankle fracture & sprain. Dr. Dabbs did an excellent job explaining the nature of the injury, and giving clear guidelines for activities & limitations. Put my mind at ease about the healing process. I won't hesitate to choose him again if I have orthopedic issues in the future.
in Kodak TN |
Perfection! One week ago I had hip replacement and all is going great including therapy! Thsnk you Dr. Dabbs
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Dabbs preformed both my total right hip surgery, in July 2016, and my total left knee surgery, in October 2016. Both operations were, by my calculations, total successes. Each time I experienced a minimal recovery time and my followup visits with Dr. Dabbs went exceptional well. He and his Staff, especially Kelly, have only the utmost concern and care for his patients!! If you need this type of surgery, you would be hard pressed to find a more qualified Surgeon and his Staff.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Dabbs was very professional personable. He took the time to answer all my questions without wasting my time.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Dabbs did a partial shoulder replacement for me after a fall about two years ago and I was glad to be able to get him to repair my ankle after breaking it recently. He is an excellent doctor with good patient communication skills. He explains what needs to be done and what realistic expectations are for recovery. In my experience he has exceeded these expectations and I have no hesitation in recommending him.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback!
in Loudon Tn |
Dr Dabbs done a excellent job on my hip also very friendly which I like his staff were also very nice I recommend him very highly Thanks for looking
Thank you for posting!
in townsend,TN |
Always great DR. very helpful,he knows what he is doing.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments, David.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Dabbs injected both hips in the office on Monday and Wednesday I had relieve, you do not know how much pain your in till you get relive. Dr. Dabbs was very friendly and seems to know what to do!!! Dr. Dabbs assistants were very friendly and helpful!! I want to Thank You and your team for helping me!!! Kevin Jones
Thank you, Kevin Jones, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service.
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Dabbs, MD?

Visit Dr. Dabbs