Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Ryan Bergeson, MD
Ryan K. Bergeson, MD, who grew up in Texas since grade school, relocated with his family to the Round Rock/Georgetown area from Kentucky. He attended Texas A&M University where he earned National Merit Scholar and President's Endowed Scholarship honors. He then completed his medical degree at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. During this time, he participated in several studies that allowed him to travel abroad to Hungary and New Zealand. Dr. Bergeson then completed his orthopaedic residency at The University of New Mexico where he was honored with the program's Academic Achievement Award and the Resident Instructor of the Year Award. He completed his fellowship studies in spine surgery with The Leatherman Spine Institute in Louisville, KY. Ryan Bergeson, MD, is Board Certified in orthopedic surgery and specializes in spine surgery, focusing on the evaluation and surgical management of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. He is experienced in the treatment of fractures, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, idiopathic scoliosis, and degenerative disorders of the spine, using both open and minimally invasive techniques. Bergeson Spine merged with Little River Healthcare in 2014, expanding Dr. Bergeson's well-known orthopedic services to more locations in Central Texas. Dr. Bergeson continues to work closely with dedicated teams of physical therapists who maximize and speed your recovery.

800 W Central Texas Expy

Harker Heights, TX 76548

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Bergeson

Dr. Bergeson's Experience

Dr. Bergeson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Foot Sprain
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • The Leatherman Spine Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Bergeson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bergeson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bergeson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bergeson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bergeson to family and friends
Dr. Bergeson's Performance
in Killeen, TX |
I had a L2-L5 lumbar fusion in Nov 2016. Dr.Bergeson is an excellent surgeon !! I am very pleased with the surgery, and it's outcome. I highly recommend him and his staff.
Round Rock, TX |
Arrogant Doctor! This doctor walks around on his phone texting or who knows what. I was a first time patient ( waited over an hour)and was not greeted at all by Dr. Bergeron. His first words that came out of his mouth were foul and inappropriate. I seen my daughters jaw drop. I should have walked out but have suffered a long time waiting for medical care. I left no better than I came in. He had no concern for my Degerative Disc Disease, pain, or spasms. I have never met a Doctor with such horr
in Georgetown, TX |
I had a very complex anterior posterior Spin Surgery in November and I have been feeling excellent ever since the surgery. Dr.Bergeson did a great job, and his staff was so helpful. I am 74 years old and had no post surgery difficulty,everything went so smoothly. Thank you Dr. B for making me pain free now.
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr Bergeson is a great doctor who shows compassion for his patients. After suffering daily agonizing pain for over a year I knew I needed a change. I am now pain free after a spinal fusion at three levels. I tried physical therapy and a pain management doctor with no good results. I had several appointments with Josh(PA) and Dr Bergeson before I decided to go ahead with the surgery. I wanted "my life back" and I know that I have definitely made the right decision. I highly recommend Dr Bergeson.
in Round Rock, TX |
I went to see Dr. Bergeson about sciatica pain down my left leg. I had gone to several pain specialist with no results. He looked at the MRI and showed me where the nerve was being pinched. He made new windows in L3-L4 and L4-L5 for the nerve. I knew my pain was gone as soon as I got out of bed in the recovery room. I have recommended him to several friends, and will continue to recommend him to others.
in Killeen, TX |
Dr. Bergeson was very up forward, after giving you a few tests. MRI, and xrays he would explain to you in a language you could understand, and what your options would be. what ever option was he explain it and what you could see. If it was a operation he would explain how he would do the operation, with me it was two operations , two day apart, he would explain why two operations, which showed he was think on you and your recovery. When it was all over the second one I was up and walking ,
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr.Bergeson and his staff are the best he treated me for a herniated disc and sciatica pain got me back on my feet and work very friendly staff.
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr.Bergeson is a very professional highly qualified orthopedic surgeon. He made me feel he really was interested and cared about my individual specific problem-never in too big a rush to listen and to give comprehensive but understandable answers to my questions and concerns. He very carefully explained to me the exact nature of my spine problem and what procedures he would need to do in order to alleviate my pain and have the best results from surgery-and had prayer with me before surgery! Sh
in Georgetown, TX |
Top spinal surgeon. Extremely competent. Had surgery for spinal stenosis t L4/L5. Surgery was very successful. Walked the next day with little discomfort. Would only use Dr Bergeson for any future spinal surgery. Very caring Doctor as is his front staff, nurse Ashley & PA, Josh. Wonderful people.
in Belton, TX |
Dr. Bergeson is very thorough in his assessment and explanation and recommendation of care. I did physical therapy first for the pain to try to strengthen my muscles to support my back. After several weeks when this did not help and my symptoms were worsening he recommended surgery. He explained the procedure and gave the pros and cons and answered all my questions. He also made it quite clear the limitations after surgery. I had excellent results.
in Killeen, TX |
I had a bulging disk since before retiring from active duty military service. After retiring, spent two years with pain management, no improvement. After surgery with Dr. Bergeson, pain level went from a 9 to a 1. He had me back on my feet and walking the same day. I can now enjoy the things I used to prior to having hurt my back.
in Georgetown, TX |
I had excellent results for my spinal surgery to correct severe spinal stenosis and would not hesitate to recommend him!
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Bergeson is an excellent physician and surgeon. He is gentle, caring and takes the time to explain the problems and procedures in an understandable manner.
in Georgetown, TX |
I was aware of an orthopedic surgeon who used Dr Bergeson for his procedure and felt that was the best referral an orthopedist could have. I wasn't disappointed. Dr Bergeson was caring, personable and competent. Since my procedure I have referred a number of folks to Dr Bergeson.
in Georgetown, TX |
I am 68 years old and have had other surgeries on my back and neck.. I was concerned because of my age and other medical problems (mostly arthritis), but the outcome was better than expected. I could not be more pleased with the care provided by Dr. Bergeson and his entire staff. I am 4 months out from the procedure, and can enthusiastically recommend Dr. Bergeson. I have great confidence in his skill as a surgeon, but I like him equally well as a person.
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Bergeson is the most professional, caring, talented doctor that I have had the pleasure to meet in a very long time. I was dreading to have my third back surgery.(first two not done by Dr. Bergeson) Dr. Bergeson put me at ease with his calm manner and thoroughly explained the procedure, showing me my X-Ray and telling me exactly what to expect day by day. It was the easiest surgery I have ever had! (10 total) I truly believe it was because of his talent and dedication to his patients.
in Georgetown, TX |
My experience with Dr. Bergeson has been extremely, extremely positive. When I first met him in June 2015 he spent a good deal of time with me understanding my condition and pain. He answered all my questions and explained my MRI and X-ray results. Dr. Bergeson performed my surgery in August 2015. He met and prayed with me and the whole surgical team before surgery. The surgery was a great success. He has spent a lot of time with me answering questions at follow-up appointments.
Have you seen Dr. Ryan Bergeson, MD?
Are you Dr. Bergeson?