Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 47

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Winchester, MA and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Faculty Of General Medicine For Craiova in 1998. She is affiliated with Beverly Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD

Ruxandra Carp M.d. Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry

1 Mount Vernon St Ste 208 Winchester, MA 01890
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Carp's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Carp's Top Procedures and Conditions

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Carp treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 77% of her peers

Dr. Carp treats this condition more than 77% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Carp performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 75% of her peers

Dr. Carp's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Homicidal Ideation
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Carp accepts

Dr. Carp accepts the following insurance:

Select

3.8

1.075268817204301%

Dr. Carp

A Patients' Ally
When hiring Dr. Carp, I was heavily medicated on Seroquel and was completely tortured by the belief that 2 days of an improperly prescribed SSRI had caused me to develop bipolar disorder. I barely needed any medication throughout a life full of tragic events, & never felt depressed a single day of my life, yet the only thing that brought me to my knees was my care being in the hands of the “professionals.” Dr. Carp was caring & understanding, & unlike the others, was willing to admit that medications can sometimes cause extremely adverse reactions that don’t necessarily indicate a mental illness. She agreed to take a skeptical look at previous diagnoses, & oversee a slow, gradual taper off of Seroquel. Over the course of a year I went from over500 MG a day to ZERO. Sure enough, I’m back to my normal self. I wouldn't be here without Dr. Carp. We needs allies like Dr. Carp within the industry who can help protect patients against improper prescribing & harmful misdiagnosing.
Michael Coughlin – May 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Finding the right psychiatrist can be so challenging and scary - after searching for three years, I finally found Dr. Carp. She's the first psychiatrist that makes me feel cared for. She spends the time learning who you are, listening, and really hearing your concerns, goals, and thoughts. I leave each appointment feeling more confident and better informed with the secure knowledge that I am receiving the best treatment. I could not recommend Dr. Carp enough to anyone who is looking to feel supported in their wellness. She treats you like the individual you are, not just another patient on a list.
Jul 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Second Repost: My first post was removed hours after being submitted. Strange. I sought the help of Dr. Carp during an extremely difficult time in my life. Dr. Carp is a genuinely warm person who truly cares for her patients and has always made herself available when needed. The me of yesterday would say that there are so few people in this world that can be trusted. Dr. Carp has helped me to see that there are so many wonderful people in this world that I can put my faith in, she is one in a growing list for me. Dr. Carp has helped me overcome so many "incidents" past and present. She has helped me to find and retain value in myself, to acknowledge, ask, and accept help when I need it, foster skills of positivity, reconnect with loved ones, I could go on. At the end of everyday, when I look in the mirror... I, finally, see my true self.
C – Jul 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is a rare find. It is difficult to find someone who can provide such expert medication management while also providing therapy. She is warm, kind, understanding, and compassionate. She is knowledgeable and able to explain and incorporate a wide range of therapeutic techniques. At the same time, her medical expertise and her ability to explain her recommendations is incredibly helpful and important. Dr. Carp not only supported my treatment during the most difficult stages, but then encouraged even greater gains and growth thereafter. I am so grateful for Dr. Carp's help, support, and expertise.
TinaCrow5 – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is extremely knowledgeable about meds and has suggested beneficial combinations that others have not. She also has a lot of insight into behaviors and their causes. I haven't been working with her long, but I appreciate her suggestions and look forward to continuing to work with her.
DM – Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Carp for several years and I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking help. She is a good listener and makes you feel comfortable when discussing issues. Dr. Carp is very consistent and clear, she has never missed an appointment or neglected to inform me when she would be running late or needed to reschedule. I am very fortunately to have met Dr. Carp.
Alex C – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Carp for about three years; she is personable, kind, and understanding. Highly recommend!
Emily Fairbanks – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
After searching on and off unsuccessfully for YEARS to find the right person, Dr. Carp is exactly what I've been looking for in a psychiatrist. She is thoughtful, an amazing listener, and always seems to say the right thing. I find that I overanalyze things to the point where I've already considered any POV a professional may offer, but she is a rare find!
Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Very Professional and approachable. Easy to talk to and provide adequate information about my child treatment plan. Understanding about us forgetting appointment and easy process to book online.
Mary R – Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is always on time and always so kind and professional. She is easy to work with and has really helped me with my anxiety and ADHD. She is careful not to overprescribe and continues to ask me follow up questions about my health and well-being. I highly recommend her!
Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Carp on and off as I’ve been in and out of the area. She is wonderful. I have come a long way both with her help in resolving problems and feelings, but also with my medication management. I have made measurable improvements in my life in areas ranging from interpersonal to academic and professional.
Jul 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp kept me psychiatrically stable, and out of hospitals, more than once .. I am really grateful for her expert care and warmth .. This is the first psychiatrist i've had who really sees me behind my symptoms .. She believes in my ability to take my medications regularly and build a good life for myself .. My parents never told me that !! She has been extremely helpful so I highly recommend her !!
Lala - Zhang – Jul 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Ruxandra Carp is a brilliant Diagnostician and Empathetic Practitioner in both Specialty Areas of Childhood and Adult Episodes of Dysfunction. Her work with the intimate Community of Family surrounding the Patient is a harbinger of of #SuccessfulOutcomesofTreatment!
Gary F. Johnson – Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp has essentially saved half of my family - she works really well with adults and children and has helped one of each in my family with ADHD and Depression issues. She is kind, patient, understanding, and most importantly she really knows her stuff. I highly recommend her for anyone seeking help from a psychiatrist.
MerB – Jun 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Very caring and competent.
Jun 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Super professional and competent, will definitely spread the word .
Mircea I. – Jun 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is always lovely to talk with. I feel quite comfortable with her, and she has been efficient and nonjudgmental in helping me find the right medication for me.
Jun 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Notice how all the 5-star reviews seem awfully formulaic and fake? Well, Dr. Carp is a terrible psychiatrist with no compassion, horribly unskilled at psychotherapy, and has caused me immense stress by calling in refills late, refusing to change my med despite it destroying me and being late for appointments. Her advice to me was to purchase a workbook to do on my own time and download a meditation app- lame advice that I could get online for free, why was I paying her??? She constantly invalidated my feelings, never wanted to unpack anything that happened to me in the past (isn't that a psychiatrist's job?), and always inserted her tangential stories about her life that had nothing to do with my situation. When I started with her, I was in an okay place, but wanted to try therapy. Now I am as bad as I have ever been, at rock bottom, and searching for a new doctor.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp has always been incredibly understanding, personable, and giving, above and beyond what any psychiatrist should be expected to be.
Bri – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is very professional, punctual, and compassionate. My life has changed for the better due to the therapy that she provided. She showed me how important it is to apply the therapy at home in order to become the best version of myself. I have been working with her since September 2020 and feel that my life has significantly improved. It is very easy to get in touch with her as she responds usually within 3-24 hours maximum. The video calling system she uses is very easy to navigate, even has a chat option in case you do not have the adequate privacy at home. She is very understanding if you miss an appointment or have to reschedule last minute. There is a fee that applies but that is understandable as it IS her time you are wasting. The process to sign up was very easy too. I am very happy with Dr. Carp and look forward to working with her to become the best version of myself. I highly recommend reaching out.
Aphroditee – Jun 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carp?