Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 45

Dr. Carp

Ruxandra Carp M.d. Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry

1 Mount Vernon St # 208 Winchester, MA 01890

Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Winchester, MA and has been practicing for 7 years. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, adult psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Carp accepts

Dr. Carp accepts the following insurance:

Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Carp's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Eating Disorders
  • Homicidal Ideation
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

3.9

Dr. Carp?
Dr. Carp's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD
Dr. Carp has helped me greatly over the almost 3 years I have been seeing her. She is a great listener and works very carefully with you to address your needs. I'm very grateful to have met Dr. Carp.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
My daughter and I are very pleased with our experiences with Dr. Ruxandra Carp. Dr Carp is very knowledgeable, professional, available and kind hearted. She takes into consideration the economic situation of single mothers like myself. We first met with Dr. Carp when my teenage daughter had some emotional crises. My daughter is a strong will girl who used to think that the world was centered only around her. But Dr. Carp with her experienced was able to turn things around. My daughter now is a very loving girl who is very considerate of others most of the time. Dr. Carp treats us so nicely even when things are not going smoothly with us. We feel so special in her presence. She helps to schedule our appointments sometimes which I had a lot of difficulties with. Dr. Carp is always available even in the evenings and on weekends. She is very accomodating. My daughter says "Dr. Carp is the best doctor ever"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp truly is amazing and has helped me through some of the toughest times in my life to date. I came to her a complete and utter mess back in the Fall and have been seeing her weekly ever since. I leave my appointments feeling empowered and at ease and never have I felt judged or uncomfortable in our sessions together. Dr. Carp is wonderful at listening and explaining things to the finest detail and has such a beautiful way of communicating to ensure you feel heard. She has helped me find the right treatments for what I am going through and has taken the time to follow up with me to ensure things are working as they should. I have always felt I could ask any and all questions on my mind and be met with honesty and reassurance. After my first visit with Dr. Carp I immediately dropped the stigma I had previously associated with my mental health and wellness. She made me feel normal and not alone in what I was going through and I trusted everything she recommended. She makes each
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr Carp is a caring and brilliant psychiatrist who truly listens to her patients to provide the best help to meet their individual needs. I have been seeing her for well over a year and her approach is to offer not only traditional medical advice, change in medication as needed but in addition providing more holistic recommendations as well. Those therapies include meditation and supplements that offer help where your body needs help in producing naturally occurring proteins and other nutrients. I feel very lucky to have found her when I came out of a very difficult time in my life. The energy in her office also offers peace, safety and comfort - i love visiting her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr Carp has been a godsend! It was so difficult for me to find a psychiatrist for my 16 year old daughter, seems like hardly anyone is taking new patients or they are only seeing patients from a particular PCP, and then the clouds parted and there was a ray of shine and it was Dr Carp! My daughter absolutely adores her and her self confidence has SOARED since their sessions began. On the few sessions I sat in on, I was incredibly impressed by Dr C's insights and perspectives. I believe my relationship with my daughter has streghthened through these visits. She is always totally professional and considerate of our time. She has extended hours which as a working mother, I really appreciate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is very friendly and has an inviting and relaxing atmosphere at her office. She helped me gain the confidence I needed to turn my life in a positive direction after letting my anxiety hold me back from school, work, etc. for years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp , You are amazing ! I so appreciate your insight ... you are really smart and great at what you do . I find You are a unique blend drawing on both your extensive knowledge and experience in psychiatry & psychology. A 1 stop shop- doctor & therapist. . I have been "walking through the desert " looking for you for 40 years ! Thank You. Thanks for being a very good listener,very empathetic and supportive AND on the medical side I am even seeing very positive results so far by altering my dosages & prescrips ...that’s the bottom line! Now I have told my own daughter to see you! Back to the coaching and human side, I always leave with a smile on my face... time well spent. Thank You... again and again ! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr C is very knowledgeable and professional. Her office is very calming and comfortable. Her online scheduling service is very convenient and her office hours really accommodate a busy work schedule. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Carp for several years, during which she has always been so helpful and continues to have my best interest in mind. She is truly amazing at what she does and her guidance has helped me considerably in maintaining my mental wellness. In addition she has consistently gone above and beyond to accommodate my needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is the perfect match for our son. We had many trepidations when choosing how we wanted to proceed for therapy and medications. We expressed concerns and all of our concerns were taken into consideration before any meds. were considered. Our son has seen more success with Dr. Carp in the 7 months since he started seeing her. than any therapy prior. We are especially pleased that when we want an appointment we do not have to wait weeks, she makes her availability visible with the easy online scheduling process. Dr. Carp has gone above and beyond with her checking in on our son via text or email after especially difficult periods or a change in his medication. This is such a professional touch & welcome change in our fast paced society. For any parent looking for a knowledgeable and personable Dr. for their child, we highly recommend Dr. Carp. she will listen to you and realizes that no one knows your child like you do, not all Dr.'s approach care this way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
We are extremely pleased with Dr. Carp. She is a very outgoing and friendly. My daughter really identifies with her and finds her extremely easy to talk to. She has put a lot of effort into making her office very comfortable and cozy, and is just as thorough at explaining how my daughters medication works and finding something that is a better fit. We are really happy and are grateful we found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I would strongly recommend Dr. Carp for psychiatric care based on her treatment style, knowledge, professionalism, and ease of scheduling. During my first appointment, Dr. Carp spent time asking questions and understanding exactly what was going on in my life that prompted me to come see her. She was thorough and understanding, making sure to go over all of my options, including those outside of medication. In my second appointment, she walked me through the different types of medications she thought would be appropriate given my needs and concerns. She included me in the decision of what medication to try and developed a comprehensive plan in the event that the first medication was not a good fit. I left with a prescription in hand, feeling confident in her choice and having a comprehensive understanding of what to expect in the next month. Dr. Carp’s office feels more like a home than a doctor’s office. It’s clean, bright, and spacious, with comfortable couches that make it feel sa
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is kind, thoughtful, empathetic, and funny. I found her after a slew of psychiatrists who threw medication at me without taking the time to consider what effect they might have on me. Dr. Carp's approach is MUCH more thoughtful and considerate. We talk a lot about how a combination of medicine and better mental health practices can improve my anxious and depressive episodes, and she has been very helpful in designing a better pharmaceutical treatment. I would recommend Dr. Carp to anyone, but especially those who are in tune with their creativity and emotions. She will help you find and listen to your inner voice--which can guide you to better self-esteem and overall joie de vivre. She has recommended meditation, better self-care, and pursuit of my creative goals--as well as several books that can help me get there. She has also been so helpful in schedule mix-ups and prescription goofs. Very helpful for those of us with a lot of social anxiety!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is a highly qualified psychiatrist who works with children, adolescents and adults. She is warm, friendly, approachable and very likeable. I brought my teenage daughter to meet with her and upon the first visit she was immediately at ease. Dr. Carp's office is filled with books, beautiful art pieces and inviting aromatherapy. Her working space is comfortable and has a relaxing and calming atmosphere. Dr. Carp began our first session asking questions and creating a background file. She has a true gift for listening and relating. She interjects humor, makes connections using her experiences while building a strong, trusting relationship with her patients. Dr. Carp explained her philosophy and her approach to psychotherapy. She took the time to make sure we understood her approach and continually asked if we had any questions. She is extremely organized and prepared for every session. She has recommended books to my daughter, encouraged her to integrate yoga and meditation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
When I first met Dr. Carp, I was going through the worst job-related stress I'd ever had. I was having regular panic attacks and the walls were definitely closing in. A friend of mine at work actually sat me down then and there, and said I should get checked out for lifelong adult ADD (he knew the signs because he had it himself). I had just come from some EAP counseling sessions, as well as some consultation with my PCP. I knew I needed not just a talking cure, but I knew I needed to see someone with prescribing privileges. Dr. Carp immediately used an adjective I'd never heard in our very first session to apply to my employment situation, and I never forgot it: "You're so overqualified for that job." Over the next sessions, she's been coaching me as I've tackled my problems. As I like to say, I'm not quite out of the woods yet, but I am 100% sure I'm in a better place due to her expertise (in addition to my own level of effort). She's a good person, and her practice shows for it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
"People don’t want you to fix them, they just want you to let them evolve into a beautiful wilderness of contradictions.” - Curtis Tyrone Jones Would you agree?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is everything I needed in a Psychiatrist, she is warm, pleasant, funny, considerate, and compassionate...I could go on. I met Dr. Carp at the lowest point of my life. I've been working with Dr. Carp for four years now... keyword being working. It's never been one sided dialogue, she truly listens and offers her insight into helping me come to terms with my "pain" and focus on the here, the now, and the future. If you are not willing to put forth the effort in investing in yourself, no doctor will be able to help you (these days everyone expects instant results). The last four years have been quite a journey for both of us as she takes her work home with her. Dr. Carp truly cares for all her patients and has proven to me she is worthy of my trust, I am eternally grateful to her for her unwavering guidance and support. I see a better man when I look in the mirror.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is a Winchester based adult and pediatric psychiatrist, who has impressive professional credentials and international experience. Many patients drive long distances for their appointments. Her office is just a few minutes walk from the Winchester train station where there are frequent 15 minute trips to and from North Station in Boston. These are excellent connections for Boston residents.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr Ruxandra Carp is an empathic and highly skilled and professional psychiatrist. She works based on a holistic approach, and she and the lovely surroundings makes the clients feel comfortable and safe from the start. I can highly recommend dr. Ruxandra Carp.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I have had several opportunities to collaborate with Dr. Carp over the last two years and have her found her to be an excellent practitioner within her field and an superb source of expertise relative to mental health. Her patients are fortunate to be able to seek treatment from such a learned, caring and empathetic practitioner!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Carp?

Ruxandra Carp M.d. Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Carp treats patients.

Beverly Hospital