Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD

Dr. Carp
Telehealth services available

Ruxandra Carp M.d. Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry

1 Mount Vernon St Ste 208 Winchester, MA 01890

Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Winchester, MA. She is affiliated with Beverly Hospital. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Carp to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Carp's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Carp's Top Procedures and Conditions

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Carp treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 77% of her peers

Dr. Carp treats this condition more than 77% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Carp performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 75% of her peers

Dr. Carp's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Homicidal Ideation
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Carp accepts

Dr. Carp accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Carp's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carp

3.6

Dr. Carp?
  • Office environment (30)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (26)
  • Wait times (23)
  • Appointment was rushed (15)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (13)
  • Long wait times (6)
CArp is smart, don't get me wrong, but I'm much smarter. In fact, I can read her mind. She is intimidated by me. She is a punctuality freak. I don't like that. I hate her stupid late cancellation no show policy.. I never paid for that sh@t. She overlooked it, and so I am giving her three stars for letting me waste her time! I truly enjoyed that!! Folks, if you are medication seeking - like I am, run the other way! No benzos, no Adderall. She is rigid and difficult. Now I am looking for a NP who won't say no to my needs.
Jun 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
"...In the era of smart phones with easy access to the internet, we are simultaneously generators, propagators, and consumers of facts. Generated intentionally (i.e., disinformation) or accidently (i.e., misinformation), inaccurate information spreads rapidly especially on polarized social networks, consisting of susceptible users that may be knowledge deficient, scared, or confused. A study conducted by the MIT Media Lab (2019) indicated that falsehoods are 70% more likely to be retweeted than correct information. Online reviews would benefit from active and consistent correction of misinformation by monitors, platform algorithms, peers..."
Jun 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Excellent experience. This doctor is responsive, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and caring. Highly recommend.
Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Since working with Dr. Carp, I have been stable and have flourished in my personal and professional life. She helped me get a handle on a diagnosis and things in ways my previous practitioners, who were qualified, were unable to help me navigate. Dr. Carp helped me to see/accept my humanity; she hasn't delimited me to a diagnosis, which, thanks to our work, is very much managed and is manageable. Dr. Carp educated me on things, so I can be in control; I don't have to rely on her to know when things aren't right, and I can work with her to adjust things, if/when the situation calls for it. She doesn't rely on medication solely, but she is extremely knowledgeable and will make the right adjustments, never simply assuming an increase is the answer. She has empowered me to be my own and best advocate, which is crucial, and has made all the difference. Dr. Carp doesn't simply medicalize and categorize you; she takes a holistic and healing approach, and listens attentively.
Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp is extremely helpful and has helped me through two major life transitions already in the past (almost) 6 months of working together. She is kind, caring and brings a whole new perspective to the table. Highly recommend!
Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Great psychiatrist who is really professional and has been a tremendous aide!
Rich – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
My daughter and I are very pleased with our experiences with Dr. Carp. She is very knowledgeable, professional and available in the short time we have been seeing her.
Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Very unprofessional. Doesn't show up for appointments or is always late. Doesn't call in prescriptions and needs constant reminders still forgetting to call in leaving patients without medications for days. She can't keep a conversation going and unable to engage my teenager. I really wanted to like her and gave her chances for almost a full year. No reason why she is the only psyc available. I'm on several waiting lists and hope will be able to find a real doctor soon.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Avoid if you can, You will be wasting your time. It’s been over 3 months since my teenager’s first meeting with dr carp and I have totally wasted our time. We had one “intake” meeting, and after that dr carp has cancelled one meeting last minute, and another meeting on the spot. Dr carp was never prepared for the case, is not ready to move the conversation forward and you have no idea what to expect. My daughter needed medication per specialists recommendation and it was unclear what dr carp needed for information to get to that (or not). Very very unprofessional.
  • Long wait times
Mar 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Incredibly un-professional. She was late to my video appointment and I had to email her to join. This appointment was a my first appointment with her and as I hadn't been to a Physiatrist in over 15 years I did not know how to approach it. She was very standoff-ish and did not see like she wanted to talk. After only 10 minutes, she said she was unable to help and when I was asking her if I was going to be charged, she hung up the video call. EXTREMELY un-professional.
  • Long wait times
Z – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I was seeing Dr Carp for about 8 months. She is difficult and unresponsive. She would forget to call in prescriptions after every visit and didn’t even remember my first name after seeing her for almost 6 months. When I called her out on it, she dropped me as a patient, called me disrespectful, and hung up on me. I’m completely turned off to getting help with mental health because of experience with Dr Carp. I feel hurt and abandoned.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
We did not have a good experience with Dr. Carp. Every week she prescribed a new medication to my child which left them acting like a zombie. Most pediatric psychiatrists move slowly when treating children/ She missed appointments and double-booked appointments. Dr. Carp was uncooperative when asked to consult with the pharmacy (did not answer their requests) or insurance companies stating she was too busy. Often talked about herself or other patients. I write this now as I have had much better experiences with other doctors. I know several patients that have left her care for this very reason. I write this now as I have not encountered this with doctors that I have replaced her with. My advice is to look for someone else.
Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
If I could give her ZERO stars I would. I had a mental health crisis that landed me in the psych ward... she was my provider for about a year. When I was sent to the hospital she ghosted me.. never responded to emails/texts/calls from me or the hospital. She is the WORST psychiatrist I have ever met. Please do not go to her she is an absolute nightmare and will cause more damage than healing. She is extremely unprofessional and should not be allowed to practice. I’m convinced all of the 5 star reviews are fake and the zero stars are her actual clients. This woman is manipulative, toxic, and is just into counseling for the financial gain.. she doesn’t want to help you get the healing you deserve, all she wants is your money. Stay away!!!
Haley – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
I also had a really terrible experience with Dr. carp. She spoke often about her own problems in therapy. Was often late, often double booked, threatened to contact DCF if we did not medicate our child exactly as she instructed. Prescribed off label meds to minor children. Unprofessional and rude. All of these one star reviews are accurate reflections of Dr. Carp.
Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp has helped me completely change my life for the better. When i first went to her i had just turned 40 and kept bouncing from job to job every two years or so, my marriage was falling apart. I am now 43 and have had the same job since and my marriage is great. She truly cares about her patients as sometimes we will talk for twice the amount of time my appointment is for if there isn't another client waiting. She will never not let you get out everything you need too. I feel so much better after leaving my appt's with her. I can't say enough about the impact she has had on me and my family. Thank you Dr. Carp
Dr. Carp has made me a better person. – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp has helped me greatly over the almost 3 years I have been seeing her. She is a great listener and works very carefully with you to address your needs. I'm very grateful to have met Dr. Carp.
Alec C in Melrose – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
My daughter and I are very pleased with our experiences with Dr. Ruxandra Carp. Dr Carp is very knowledgeable, professional, available and kind hearted. She takes into consideration the economic situation of single mothers like myself. We first met with Dr. Carp when my teenage daughter had some emotional crises. My daughter is a strong will girl who used to think that the world was centered only around her. But Dr. Carp with her experienced was able to turn things around. My daughter now is a very loving girl who is very considerate of others most of the time. Dr. Carp treats us so nicely even when things are not going smoothly with us. We feel so special in her presence. She helps to schedule our appointments sometimes which I had a lot of difficulties with. Dr. Carp is always available even in the evenings and on weekends. She is very accomodating. My daughter says "Dr. Carp is the best doctor ever"
Victorine – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr. Carp truly is amazing and has helped me through some of the toughest times in my life to date. I came to her a complete and utter mess back in the Fall and have been seeing her weekly ever since. I leave my appointments feeling empowered and at ease and never have I felt judged or uncomfortable in our sessions together. Dr. Carp is wonderful at listening and explaining things to the finest detail and has such a beautiful way of communicating to ensure you feel heard. She has helped me find the right treatments for what I am going through and has taken the time to follow up with me to ensure things are working as they should. I have always felt I could ask any and all questions on my mind and be met with honesty and reassurance. After my first visit with Dr. Carp I immediately dropped the stigma I had previously associated with my mental health and wellness. She made me feel normal and not alone in what I was going through and I trusted everything she recommended. She makes each
Julie – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr Carp is a caring and brilliant psychiatrist who truly listens to her patients to provide the best help to meet their individual needs. I have been seeing her for well over a year and her approach is to offer not only traditional medical advice, change in medication as needed but in addition providing more holistic recommendations as well. Those therapies include meditation and supplements that offer help where your body needs help in producing naturally occurring proteins and other nutrients. I feel very lucky to have found her when I came out of a very difficult time in my life. The energy in her office also offers peace, safety and comfort - i love visiting her!
Shannon Murphy in LOWELL, MA – Jun 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?
Dr Carp has been a godsend! It was so difficult for me to find a psychiatrist for my 16 year old daughter, seems like hardly anyone is taking new patients or they are only seeing patients from a particular PCP, and then the clouds parted and there was a ray of shine and it was Dr Carp! My daughter absolutely adores her and her self confidence has SOARED since their sessions began. On the few sessions I sat in on, I was incredibly impressed by Dr C's insights and perspectives. I believe my relationship with my daughter has streghthened through these visits. She is always totally professional and considerate of our time. She has extended hours which as a working mother, I really appreciate.
Shawna Hayes – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruxandra Carp, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carp?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry