Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD

Infectious Disease MedicineFemaleAge 67

Infectious Disease Medicine

Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD is a Infectious Disease Specialist in Rockville, MD and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University Of Kansas School Of Medicine medical school in 1980. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD

Ruth M. Jacobs MD LLC

9420 Key West Ave Ste 202 Rockville, MD 20850 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Infectious Disease Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Jacobs treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Jacobs' conditions and procedures:

• Bacterial Sepsis
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Salmonella Food Poisoning
  • Sepsis

Dr. Jacobs accepts

Dr. Jacobs accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

2.8

Dr. Jacobs

We went to Holy Cross Hospital in Germantown by ambulance because my husband was acutely sick with what was diagnosed as a severe infection resulting from a biopsy. The emergency room and following hospital stay was awesome with Dr. Ruth and staff being very attentive and caring. We were extremely grateful and appreciative. Then Dr. Ruth followed up with calls and video visits and made sure we were protected with probiotics as we healed with antibiotics at home. We thank her for wonderful care!
Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
Many years ago Dr Jacobs saved my husbands life. No one could figure out what was wrong with him. All the tests that were done came back negative but he was getting progressively worse. Our referring doctor called in a favor to her on a holiday (office was closed) but she told us to come in. Immediately upon seeing him she sent him to the hospital to get him on intravenous antibiotics. It was a night and day situation he went from barley being able to walk And being in constant pain to back to his old self after 8 weeks of medication. I will say her bedside manner isn’t great meaning she gets straight to it. She doesn’t say much but she knows her stuff and I am forever grateful to her.
Grateful to have this Doctor – Jun 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
my husband and came with high hopes to Ms. Jacobs. Right of the door (without even saying hello or introducing herself),she says so you are here becase YOU suspect you have ....dinosis. Isaid I am not making any claims here, i just wanted to get tested.No test ordered. No questions were answered. On top of this when Ms.Jacobs was fraustrated with my questions, she would turn to my hasband and speak exclusevely to him, like i was not there. I agree with previous reviewe, she humiliates the patient. This is not ethical! In the middle of appoinment she has picked up a phone a personal call and eleborated on how she is annoyed and stuck with us here and that looks like she is not going to be done anytime soon! just WOW !
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
dragant – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
I never leave bad reviews, but I feel like this time is warranted. I don't have any faith in Dr. Ruth Jacobs' diagnoses, and when I ask her follow-up questions so I can better understand what she's saying, she seems completely frustrated with me. I definitely won't be returning, this felt like a complete waste of my time...
Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor who has always made time to address my concerns.
Jack in Potomac, MD – Oct 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
It was humiliating to be her patient. She insulted me and offered no help but did charge a lot of money.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Graham in Aspen,co – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?
My husband was under Dr. Jacobs care while he was a patient at Shady Grove Hospital. He was an extremely complicated patient,with a multitude of medical problems. Dr. Jacobs was truly dedicated to the challenge that he presented. We would see her early in the morning and late and night, leading me to believe that she is a truly dedicated professional working far too many hours for her patients. She was upfront about his condition, but did everything she could to provide him excellent care.
Linda in Mt. Airy, MD – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ruth Jacobs, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?