Dr. Ruth Fredericks, MD

Dr. Ruth Fredericks, MD

Neurology | Female

Dr. Ruth Fredericks, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Jackson, MS. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Fredericks is affiliated with King's Daughters Medical Center - Brookhaven, St. Dominic Hospital and Mississippi Baptist Medical Center.

Dr. Fredericks' Experience

See how Dr. Fredericks' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fredericks

Dr. Fredericks accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Fredericks has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fredericks' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fredericks to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Fredericks' Performance
    in Carrollton, MS |
    I've been with Dr. Fredericks for a very long time. She is awesome. Always comes in with a warm smile even with a waiting room full. She has always provided me with the best and most proficient care. I cannot make it with out her She is the best!
    in Ridgeland, MS |
    She is probably one of the finest physicians I've ever been too. I have been with her for about 20 years. There are very few doctors that are this caring.
    in Flowoid, MS |
    Dr. Fredericks diagnosed my husband, when we could fine no other doctor who could. She is dedicated to her patients and spends time explaining issues and answering our questions. We appreciate her thoroughness and kind bedside manner.
    JacksonMS |
    I would not recommend Dr. Frederick to anyone. She is way to busy she sees her patients 7 days a week. You can never get in contact with her especially if you're having serious health issues. She is very slow wait time is ridiculous.
    in Carrollton, MS 38917 |
    Dr. Fredericks exhibits true compassion coupled with an awesome amount of knowledge and expertise in her field. I feel so very fortunate to have found her
    in Brandon, MS |
    You will NEVER find a more dedicated, empathetic doctor. Her knowledge and standing in the neuro arena is outstanding. Briefly, she was my doctor last year. I changed insurance, which was not accepted by her or the hospital. Dr Ruth said that did not matter, she was seeing this thru to the end. In other words, she actually cared for me as a patient. Her patience with me was over the top. I just wish she could be my everyday doctor. Thanks dr ruth. Tommy
    Every time I go to Dr. Fredericks, she is very concerned with whatever is going on. I have been seeing her for about two years and have always had a good experience. She listens to what you have to say and she doesn't make you feel stupid like some Dr's do when you ask questions. I would recommend her to anyone.
    in Florence,MS |
    She is the most kind compassionate Dr I have ever been to ! Been seeing her 20 + yrs seizures under control !
    in Jackson, MS |
    My husband has a TBI and suffers from Seizures due to it. Dr. Fredericks was our knight in shinning Armour when she and Allen Allen walked in our lives that had been in turmoil from the injury became more clear to us. She always explains everything in detail they both answer any questions that I have concerning my husband and are always so encouraging to us when we are in her office. We love Dr. Fredericks and her team. Rescheduling happens but that is life. She is human just like us. :)
    in Tupelo MS |
    Dr Fredericks helped me get approved by my private work long term disability and SS disability. She offered without being asked to help. She filled out mountains of paperwork during the trying process. She wrote a letter the SS without being asked. She always listens and shows genuine concern for my problems. She is highly competent. I would readily recommend her.
    in Mississippi |
    Best Dr in my book. Sure I've had to wait a long time in waiting room several times, but if I were the one needing her due to emergency , I would want her there with me. She saved my life by finding my problem when others couldn't and it is something not even in her field. If you are lucky enough to get her, DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT LOSE HER!
    Not one of the best neurologists in my opinion! She has rescheduled 85% of my initial appointments, ones in which I had already taken off work for. Secondly she doesn't go in detail with you on your MRI. I have had neurologists sit down and show images doing my appointments. Sadly they are no longer practicing in Jackson. I spend triple the time waiting then I do in my appointment. Lastly her nurses are rude and doesn't seem to care about the patients health. Plus she charges to do PA's!
    Dr. Fredericks is good but I don't know if she's worth having your appointment rescheduled every time you have one. Sometimes they are rescheduled for the same week but other times they are rescheduled for two or more months later not knowing if you are having new symptoms. When you call the office, most of the time no one will answer so you have to leave a voicemail and hope you get a call back from her nurse, but my experience is you usually don't get a call back.
    Have you seen Dr. Ruth Fredericks, MD?
    Are you Dr. Fredericks?

Dr. Fredericks' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology
    •  Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available

Dr. Fredericks has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fredericks' Board Certifications

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebral Palsy
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chiari's Deformity
    • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
    • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
    • Insomnia
    • Leukodystrophy
    • Lyme Disease
    • Meningiomas
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Myoclonus
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Nerve Sheath Tumors
    • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
    • Polymyositis
    • Polyneuropathy
    • Post-Concussion Syndrome
    • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
    • Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
    • Rasmussen's Syndrome
    • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
    • Restless Leg Syndrome
    • Seizure Disorders
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Spinal Cord Injury
    • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
    • Stiff-Man Syndrome
    • Thrombosis
    • Tic Disorders
    • Torticollis
    • Tourette's Syndrome
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor
    • Trigeminal Neuralgia
    • Vasculitis
    • Vertebral Column Tumors
    • Vertigo
    • Visual Field Defects

University of Mississippi

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Fredericks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fredericks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology