Dr. Russell Swann, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Russell Swann, MD
Dr. Russell Swann, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Parker, CO. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Swann is affiliated with Community Hospital South, Community Hospital North and Indiana University Health North Hospital.

Dr. Swann's Care Philosophy

Dr. Swann specializes in hip preservation and adult reconstruction. Hip preservation includes hip arthroscopy for femoral acetabular impingement (FAI) and abductor dysfunction, open surgical dislocation for treatment of Perthes and SCFE, core decompression for AVN, and minimally-invasive periacetabular osteotomies (PAO) for dysplasia. He has advanced experience with hip and knee arthroplasty, including direct anterior hip arthroplasty with a bikini incision, direct anterior hip resurfacing, partial knee arthroplasty, and revision arthroplasty of the hip and knee. He has written three book chapters including one on direct anterior hip arthroplasty, published 10 peer- reviewed articles, and written more than a dozen abstracts presented at scientific meetings. "I treat my patients the way I treat my parents," Dr. Swann said. "I have their best interests in mind and approach each patient's treatment on an individual and personal level."

Dr. Swann's Experience

See how Dr. Swann's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Swann

Dr. Swann accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Swann is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Swann has admitting privileges.

Dr. Swann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Swann to family and friends
    Dr. Swann's Performance
    Franklin, IN |
    Dr. Swann was answered prayers for my daughter and her hip dysplasia. After trying everything else, he recommended surgery. He spent all the time necessary to give me the information I needed to make the decision. He was caring and went over and beyond for her. She is completely pain free and back to her personal best in swimming just 7 months after surgery!
    in Carmel, IN |
    Highly, highly recommend Dr Swann for hip pain (in my case dysplasia). Truly listens and cares about his patient. I will be a patient for life.
    in Fishers, IN |
    During and after knee replacement Dr. Swann constantly was checking that all was well and kept in touch with family as to surgery results. I would highly recommend to anyone that is considering knee surgery.
    in Indianapolis, IN |
    Dr. Swann is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon-not only was he able to reschedule my total hip replacement surgery at the last minute to an earlier date, he also personally called to check in on me pre- and post-operation. He also made sure I had written documentation of all the information I needed before I moved from IN to CA in order to find a new provider. He is very friendly, kind, and personable, and I give him my highest recommendation for anyone seeking hip-related surgical procedure
    in Fishers, IN |
    The procedure that was done for my hip replacement was less invasive, so I had very little, or no pain during recovery. I was driving after four weeks and able to get on with my life. Sarah, Dr. Swann's assistant was always helpful when I called with any problems or questions. If needed, I will definitely call Dr. Swann again. I would highly recommend him for a hip replacement,
    in Seelyville, IN |
    I had a complete hip replacement after having extreme pain and mobility issues for several years. He spent over an hour with me during my initial visit answering all my questions and even ones brought up by my wife. It was a comprehensive exam, full x-rays, manipulation, and his evaluation was spot on. Surgery was scheduled as out patient, and although it lasted longer than anticipated, I recovered quickly and am on the road to full recovery now 2.5 weeks post op. He personally called me.
    in Central, IN |
    Absolutely GREAT outcome of Total Hip Revision after failed Metal-on-Metal Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (another surgeon, another state)!! He spent much time pre-surgery figuring out what to do as far as hardware, repair of bone and repair of soft tissue, I believe. Can't say enough good things. And as another reviewer said, Dr. Swann is a Christian. That makes a huge difference to me and my husband. NOTE: PLEASE AVOID -ANY- Metal on Metal hardware. It was supposed to be the best. NOT!
    in Carmel, IN |
    Dr. Swann is not only an incredibly talented and intelligent surgeon, but a wonderful human being as well! He drastically changed my life for the better and I'm thankful everyday for the amazing results from surgery and the kindness he has shown me. Highly recommend!!
    in Martinsville, IN |
    Dr. Swann is my hero! I saw several other doctors over the years and couldn't get help. One visit and he knew right away what I needed. My hip replacement was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever had. I was walking the same day of surgery with no pain. It was amazing! He and his staff truly care. I give ten stars for compassion, concerns, knowledge, and results. I highly recommend Dr. Swann.
    in whiteland in |
    Dr. Swann is very professional and very caring about what he does and concerns for the family and patient. He takes his time in consulting and reviewing the procedure and making sure everything is spot on perfect!!! I would always recommend Dr. Swann to anyone!!
    in Indianapolis, IN |
    Dr. Swann is an EXCELLENT doctor! His assistant is wonderful to work with also! After months of not knowing where my pain was originating or why, Dr. Swann was able to pinpoint it with one visit! He performed a successful PAO and I am doing great! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
    in Indianapolis, IN |
    My experience has been wonderful. He is a very caring and has a genuine concern for his patients. The hip replacement was a success without any hitches. He is a Christian and for me that is a great plus. I would recommend him to anyone for these procedures. He is Awesome!
    in Greenwood, IN |
    Dr. Swann has the most incredible bedside manner! He makes you feel like you are his only patient. He is on time and takes responsibility for your wellbeing. There was an incident in the hospital after surgery & I did not get my pain medicine according to his instructions. When he in to release me & I was still in agony, he took care of it instantly and gave me his CELLPHONE number in case I had any additional concerns. This was Thanksgiving week! LOVE him!!!
    in Indianapolis, Indiana |
    I would recommend Dr. Swann unconditionally. His personal dedication to his patients is remarkable, and his surgical expertise is years ahead of most of his peers (in a major market). Dr. Swann called me - personally - the evening before my surgery to ensure that I was ready and that all my concerns were addressed. He gave me his personal cellphone number and invited me to contact him whenever I had a question, issue or concern. I have already recommended him to several people.
    in Indianapolis, IN |
    My experience with Dr. Swann has been absolutely amazing. His knowledge is superior and he is not only a top-notch trained surgeon, but has an amazing bedside manner. He is truly compassionate and one of the best physicians I have had the pleasure of meeting. I have already recommended him to numerous family and friends!
    in Whitestown, IN |
    Dr Swann is perfect match for my hip replacement surgeon. In other words, I really liked Dr Swann and his choice of procedure for hip replacement.
    in Indianapolis, IN |
    very helpful in explaining a solution to my problem. Always on time and never rushed.
    Have you seen Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
    Are you Dr. Swann?

Dr. Swann's Care Philosophy

Dr. Swann's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Broken Arm
    • Dysplasia
    • Hand Fracture
    • Hip Fracture
    • Hip Impingement
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Baylor University

Graduated in 2003

Tulane Grad Med Sch

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Swann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Swann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics