Dr. Russell Swann, MD

Dr. Russell Swann, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Russell Swann, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Denver, CO and has been practicing for 4 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.

Advanced Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists

• Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart
  • Medica
  • Premera Blue Cross

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Swann's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Swann treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Swann treats Osteoarthritis more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Swann treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Dysplasia
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

Dr. Swann specializes in hip preservation and adult reconstruction. Hip preservation includes hip arthroscopy for femoral acetabular impingement (FAI) and abductor dysfunction, open surgical dislocation for treatment of Perthes and SCFE, core decompr...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Swann

Dr. Swann?
Dr. Swann's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Russell Swann, MD
Dr. Swann repaired both my hip abductors in my hips. He may be a fine surgeon but after surgery don't expect to get any answers from him, that is if you get to see him again. After surgery all but one appointment was with his assistant Luke. I told them my right leg was killing me 2 weeks after the surgery and was told it was because the Dr had to do more repair on the right hip. Six weeks later the pain now was because of my back. Luck also told me that next appointment we would take X-rays to see if everything was still in place. I told him that they just took X-rays his response was oh they did. I asked if he could look at them and his response was they look good. So now they looked good when just a few seconds before he did not even know they took X-rays. I was then sent for new MRIs on my back and my right hip on a Friday. The following Monday I was called by their assistant and she sent me the MRI results and Luke would call me the next day, I never did hear from them again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Had my right knee replaced Oct 2018. Recovery went well I have great range of motion and no pain. I am still building up leg muscles and was told it would take about a year to fully recover. I can climb rough hills and walk for miles with no knee joint pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is brilliant and saved me from having a total knee replacement at this time. He tried a more conservative surgery to help relieve the pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
It was outstanding.It was a complicated procedure, hip/femur revision. I have never had a surgeon as personable and capable as Dr. Swann. No doctor I have ever had was and is as much a patient's advocate as he.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann first of all, preformed the proper test to pinpoint my knee ailments. After testing, it was determined that I needed two knee replacement revisions. Left and right. My first revision was preformed on January 16, 2019 and now two months later, my left knee revision surgery is successful. Dr. Swann and staff demonstrate care, concerns and sincere well being toward my recovery. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Also, I want to give a shout out to the Advance orthopedic physical therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann did my knee replacement. He may be a fine surgeon but he has a lousy bedside manner and you might as well stay home rather than go in for a post-surgery exam. He stood in the doorway, told me to straighten my leg, bend my leg, told me I could lose the stockings and was gone. He couldn't have been there for even 1 minute. When I left he was standing at the counter in the reception area eating a breakfast burrito. I didn't even bother to schedule the next follow-up exam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Swann for follow-up after fracturing my pelvis in a bad car accident out of state. I showed up for my appointment & waited almost 2 hours to be seen. His PA, Luke, finally told me that Dr. Swann had looked at my X-ray but that he wasn’t going to see me & that I should just go get PT. I had several questions but Luke couldn’t answer them. Really awful experience, and the office wasn’t close to home so I wasted 3 1/2 hours. I would never recommend Dr. Swann, terrible Dr!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann did surgery on my broken femur. He did a great job and did his best to make sure I got a rod instead of a plate so that my healing time would be quicker. It involved a new kind of repair, as my femur broke just above my knee replacement. I was very pleased that he took the time to figure out how to place a rod instead of the plate. I understand it was a tricky surgery, but it turned out great. Would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann immediately identified the problem with the knee. He explained to me in terms that I could understand why it should be a partial knee replacement only. Surgery was pretty painless, recovery was quick and I was playing golfing in 8 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Swann for knee replacements.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann immediately diagnosed my issues with my previous right hip surgeries done by another surgeon: I had a loose hip stem. During his first surgery to correct the problem, he discovered I had an infection. It was treated with an antibiotic infused temporary hip stem and IV antibiotics. I underwent a second surgery after the infection was gone and am doing well after almost 2 years of hip surgery problems. I appreciate that Dr. Swann does research and is published.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Swann. He replaced my hip 3 months ago and I feel like I have control of my life back. After some concerns I had about caring for my disabled wife were dispelled by Dr. Swann, we proceeded with the surgery. I left the hospital 6 hours post surgery and was walking un-aided in 10 days. I credit Dr. Swann and his wonderful team with my amazingly PAINLESS post-operation period and recovery. His positive outlook was the reason I took the plunge and I'll never regret it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann was answered prayers for my daughter and her hip dysplasia. After trying everything else, he recommended surgery. He spent all the time necessary to give me the information I needed to make the decision. He was caring and went over and beyond for her. She is completely pain free and back to her personal best in swimming just 7 months after surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Highly, highly recommend Dr Swann for hip pain (in my case dysplasia). Truly listens and cares about his patient. I will be a patient for life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
During and after knee replacement Dr. Swann constantly was checking that all was well and kept in touch with family as to surgery results. I would highly recommend to anyone that is considering knee surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon-not only was he able to reschedule my total hip replacement surgery at the last minute to an earlier date, he also personally called to check in on me pre- and post-operation. He also made sure I had written documentation of all the information I needed before I moved from IN to CA in order to find a new provider. He is very friendly, kind, and personable, and I give him my highest recommendation for anyone seeking hip-related surgical procedure
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
The procedure that was done for my hip replacement was less invasive, so I had very little, or no pain during recovery. I was driving after four weeks and able to get on with my life. Sarah, Dr. Swann's assistant was always helpful when I called with any problems or questions. If needed, I will definitely call Dr. Swann again. I would highly recommend him for a hip replacement,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I had a complete hip replacement after having extreme pain and mobility issues for several years. He spent over an hour with me during my initial visit answering all my questions and even ones brought up by my wife. It was a comprehensive exam, full x-rays, manipulation, and his evaluation was spot on. Surgery was scheduled as out patient, and although it lasted longer than anticipated, I recovered quickly and am on the road to full recovery now 2.5 weeks post op. He personally called me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Absolutely GREAT outcome of Total Hip Revision after failed Metal-on-Metal Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (another surgeon, another state)!! He spent much time pre-surgery figuring out what to do as far as hardware, repair of bone and repair of soft tissue, I believe. Can't say enough good things. And as another reviewer said, Dr. Swann is a Christian. That makes a huge difference to me and my husband. NOTE: PLEASE AVOID -ANY- Metal on Metal hardware. It was supposed to be the best. NOT!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is not only an incredibly talented and intelligent surgeon, but a wonderful human being as well! He drastically changed my life for the better and I'm thankful everyday for the amazing results from surgery and the kindness he has shown me. Highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is my hero! I saw several other doctors over the years and couldn't get help. One visit and he knew right away what I needed. My hip replacement was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever had. I was walking the same day of surgery with no pain. It was amazing! He and his staff truly care. I give ten stars for compassion, concerns, knowledge, and results. I highly recommend Dr. Swann.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Swann?

Insurance accepted

Medica
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature
Principal Life

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Swann treats patients.

Community Hospital South

Indianapolis, IN

Community Hospital North

Indianapolis, IN

Compare Providers

More providers like Dr. Swann at Advanced Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Specialists

Show All Orthopedic Surgeons