Dr. Russell Swann, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 42

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Russell Swann, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Denver, CO and has over 13 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from TULANE UNIV SCH OF MED in 2009. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Community Hospital North and Community Hospital South. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Russell Swann, MD

8101 E Lowry Blvd Ste 100 Denver, CO 80230
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Swann with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Rose Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Rose Medical Center today at (303) 997-0215.

These providers are on the medical staff of Rose Medical Center.

Dr. Swann's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Swann

92.20779220779221%

Very humble physician
Love his social graces, he’s very good how he articulates the diagnosis for you to totally understand . His demeanor is always pleasant and right to the point, which I very much prefer when dealing with my health.
Arlene – Aug 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Highly recommend! Excellent care!
Dr Swann and his team took care of my needs immediately. I had a terrible hamstring injury that required surgery asap. The process from start to finish was well organized and as stress free as possible. Dr Swann is very knowledgeable and knew exactly how to correct my unique injury. His PA Caleb is also excellent. I feel very fortunate to have been under his care for my injury and I am expecting a full recovery.
Leslie – Aug 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swan explained my surgery in a very professional, thoughtful and kind manner. He took the time to answer questions. It’s clear that he cares about his patients and wants to achieve the best possible outcomes for them.
Aug 18, 2022
Highly recommend!
Dr. Presley Swann and PA Caleb Jennings are amazing! I was informed about the possible risks of having both of my hips replaced at 46 years old. I had severe dysplasia and after learning about the PAO as an option vs. total hip replacement vs. wait for further destruction and prolonged pain and then decide, I chose to have each hip replaced (5 months apart). Even with bone density and anatomy complications, it was the best decision I could have made. I consider myself fully recovered on both sides (14 months since the left was replaced and 9 months since the right was replaced). I can do every activity prior to my surgeries without pain, which includes running. I don't plan to run because it will wear out quicker, but I am able if necessary. Hiking and walking on uneven ground is pain -free and I haven't been able to say that for many years. I can't say enough about their knowledge, expertise, and GREAT bedside manner! Ask all the questions you might have!
Amy Martin – Jul 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
New hip new youthful step
My family witnessed my quick and thorough change. I’ve recommended Dr Swann team to all. He has double cred, since he graduated from Tulane, my father’s med school alma mater.
Susan Cowdin – Jan 29, 2022
Hip Replacement
Dr Swan was recommended by my primary care physician when an X-ray showed arthritis in my hip. When I quizzed my primary why Doctor Swan he answered he had referred other patients with great success. Dr Swan has an X-ray lab in office and is able to review the X-ray minutes after his tech has finished taking them. He then diagnosed the total lack of cartilage in my hip and therefore a hip replacement was recommended. Dr Swan explained in detail the entire replacement and we scheduled the replacement. Dr Swan’s team including his PA Caleb Jennings and physical therapists are professional and pay attention to every detail. My replacement works so well that I cannot imagine that I really have a metal joint in my hip.
Janis Martin – Jan 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is a wonderful surgeon! His skill and his support staff are absolutely excellent! Best care from start to finish. Would recommend whole heartedly! Wonderful surgical outcome.
Helen Kellogg – Jan 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I started my research for a surgeon by asking others where they sent the patients with serious problems; revisions. I soon learned many of these end up on Presley Swann's schedule with assistance from Caleb Jennings. I figured why not start with the guys fixing others mistakes. I had a total hip done October 2021, was walking the same day. Three months later I have been freed to resume whatever I was doing before. Great experience and amazing surgeon. Couldn't be happier with my new hip, chronic pain from the joint 100% gone. Interview a few surgeons and make sure Presley and Caleb are on your list, you will be in excellent hands.
JGS – Jan 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Long story short, In 2018, a K. Surgeon botched my TKR, by destabilizing the device, tearing my Patellar Tendon and damaging my Achilles Heel Tendon. Leaving me at 90 flexion for 3 years and no stairs. In 2021, Dr. R. Presley Swann, M.D. and Caleb Jennings, P.A re-repaired the Patellar Tendon correctly, stabilized the TKR device and sent me to a foot/ankle specialist to repair (stretch) the Achilles Heel Tendon, so that I can finally walk up/downstairs again. Caleb you’re a gem! Thank you, thank you, for your awesome Post OP care, encouragement and persistence with my recovery. You spent 4 months working out the issues with my knee. Thank you! Dr. Swann, you’re a rock star and top surgeon. You fixed me! I’m now at 125 flexion, 133 with PT and can lift my leg normally. Thank you so much!!!! Did I say, thank you? Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Christiane – Dec 19, 2021
Outstanding
Leonard Pasquini – Dec 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Horrible experience! Pretty much just told me he had other patients when I started to ask questions. Then got a bill for $1200 for a 30 minute appt. Reficulous!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cheryl Swan – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I had a hip replacement in oct 2020, and 9 months later in july2021 had partial knee replacement. Before i went in for the hip i couldnt step off a curb and had a hard time stepping over a folded rug, was bad, now i am back to climbing back in my truck and chaining to go over the mountains, i can do steps up and down without using a hand rail. I went to a concert in oct 2021, and even tryed water skiing again in sept2021. My right leg that had the hop and the knee replacement is stronger than the left leg, well worth getting the work done, Thank you Dr. Swann and Caleb Jennings and staff. I am doing great.
Randall L Ashby – Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I love Dr. Swann and Caleb. They have taken such good care of me! It is four months after a total knee replacement, and I can hike over 5 miles, and I am losing weight. I have full range of motion and reflection, and I am improving more every day. I would not be where I am today without them. I was very nervous about getting this procedure done and had gone to several physicians to get opinions. I found myself so comfortable with Dr. Swann from the first time I met him. I also love the fact he uses robotics to ensure a great outcome. This helped me feel really comfortable! I would recommend anyone I knew or did not know to them as I think they are one of the best around!
Sheryl Kaplan – Sep 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Had a very good experience with Dr. Swann and staff. Would highly recommend their services to anyone searching for a qualified Surgeon.
Chris Yelken – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
I had my left hip replaced yesterday and I’m doing great. Dr Swan and the team at Porter hospital were great. I appreciated the fact that Dr Swan called me at home yesterday evening to assure me that the surgery went very well. He included the details on my implant telling me that what was used in my right hip 3 yrs ago by him was also used in my left hip so that I have a matching pair. I would recommend Dr Swan to anyone considering hip surgery.
Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Clear, concise, clearly knows his science and connects that knowledge with an understanding of my lifestyle and goals. He was spot on with assessing a complicated hip situation. He isn’t verbose or warm-and-fuzzy, but told me exactly what I needed to hear and respond thoughtfully to all of my questions. He, his PA (Caleb), and his MA (Vanessa) make a great team. Caleb is also extremely knowledgeable and precise. During the pre-surgery evaluations, he caught a concern on my x-rays that was unnoticed by 2 surgeons from other practices.
Mike – Jun 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann and Caleb both performed the PAO procedure on me. First week was rough but exactly a week out, I felt awesome! Pain 3-4/10 at worst; 0 at rest. Going on 4 weeks and still the same outcome except 1-2 pain level at worst now; 0 at rest. I do believe with his choice of a very minimal invasive anterior incision approach is why my recovery has been a breeze. I HIGHLY recommend this surgery with Dr. Swann! Four weeks out, I can already say; this surgery has been life-changing. Thank you, Dr. Swann, Caleb and staff!
Marissa Schamberger – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Visits were efficient and professional. Both Dr Swann and his PA were attentive to my concerns and answered my questions. The whole experience was positive.
  • Long wait times
May 15, 2021
Better than expected.
John S – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?
Dr. Swann is very professional and is highly recommended by colleagues. I had issues with my initial hip replacement and was referred to Dr. Swann by my original surgeon. He performed a total hip-revision and I’m feeling amazing! I also had him do my other hip!!! He’s excellent, and I highly recommend Dr.Swann!!
Tom Chavez – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Russell Swann, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Swann?