Russell Surasky, FAAN

Russell Surasky, FAAN

Neurology  |
Russell Surasky, FAAN is a neurology provider who practices in Great Neck, NY. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

15 Barstow Rd

Great Neck, NY 11021

• EmblemHealth
  • Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Russell Surasky

See how frequently Russell Surasky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Diabetic Polyneuropathy
Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy

Russell Surasky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Russell Surasky's bio

This content was provided by Russell Surasky "Dr. Russell Surasky, FAAN, ABAM is board certified in both neurology and addiction medicine. He is the only physician in New York having this combination of qualifications. Dr. Surasky completed his internship in internal medicine at Mount Sinai Queens Hospital Center and his residency in neurology at North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Surasky's primary focus in practice is addiction medicine. Utilizing unique medication protocols individualized to each patient, he provides specialized treatment for opiate, benzodiazepine, and alcohol addiction. This unique approach has helped thousands of patients rapidly achieve and sustain their sobriety. Dr. Surasky is one of the most experienced providers in New York State of Vivitrol, a once monthly injection which blocks addictive narcotics and alcohol from entering the brain. This has achieved rapid and long sustained success in so many patients, including many who have failed multiple prior treatment attempts. Dr. Surasky maintains hospital privileges at North Shore University Hospital of Manhasset, Plainview, and Syosset as well as Long Island Jewish Hospital in New Hyde Park. Actively involved in the medical community, Dr. Surasky is a member of several professional organizations, including: American Academy of Neurology, American Society of Addiction Medicine and the Nassau County Medical Society. He serves as the chief physician and consultant to multiple addiction centers on Long Island. His private practice, The Surasky Neurologic Center for Addiction is in Great Neck, New York."

• Neurology

• Dystonia
  • Epilepsy
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Pain
  • Vertigo

• EMG (Electromyography)
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • X-Ray

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute Of Technology
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Queens Hospital Center-Internal Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • North Shore/Long Island Jewish

Russell Surasky has no media or publications listed.

Russell Surasky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Russell Surasky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Russell Surasky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Russell Surasky to family and friends
Russell Surasky's Performance
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr. Surasky is a great guy. I think he may have just saved my life. He uses non opioid medication to fix withdrawal symptoms while your body continues to heal. It's better than Suboxone it's better than methadone. Don't hesitate to go see him.
in Levittown |
by far, the best Dr I have ever come across. I have known him for many years, i have relapsed a few times and he has never judged me, he welcomed me back and helped me with everything, going above and beyond doing things that he hasn't had to do for me, and getting me into other Dr's offices to treat my benzo addiction to slowly taper me off of them. this man is a saint . dont get me wrong he has been brutally honest with me at times but its what i needed to stay clean this time!
in Mineola, NY |
Very good doctor who will work with you and is concerned with the patient.
Lynbrook, NY |
Dr surasky should be canonized as a medical saint. He is the most caring, compassionate and attentive doctor I have EVER seen. I have seen many doctors in my day and not one that cares genuinely the way that he does. HIGHLY recommend!
in Sea Cliff, NY |
Dr. Surasky has been a life safer for me. The treatments he recommended and that I have received has significantly improved my health. He is very informative and takes his time explaining the treatment. He is also very encouraging.
in Hicksville, NY |
Doctor Surasky genuinely cares about seeing his patients get better and helps to take any healthy route to get to success.
in Hicksville, NY |
best doctor i ever had very understanding and truley wants his patients to get better
Lynbrook, NY |
Dr. Surasky has been extremely helpful and accommodating, both professionally and with financial aid assistance, throughout my visits to his office. He is extremely knowledgeable and often provides great advice for my recovery.
in Whitestone, NY |
My experience with Dr Surasky has been nothing short of amazing. He makes me feel very comfortable & is very informative about everything he does & prescribes. His office has late hours & I have always been able to schedule emergency appointments quickly. There is not a long wait to see him. He listens to any fears & concerns addressing them all. There is a parking lot directly across the street as well.
in glen cove ny |
dr russell is a rlly down to earth guy he tells you how it is and to be honest he saved my life because if it wasnt for him i would be in a rlly bad place rn or dead so i owe him big time.
in Great Neck, NY |
Excellent. Was able to schedule an appointment right away. Dr. Surasky and his office was attentive and courteous from the very start. Would recommend to anyone struggling or seeking help with substance addiction. Dr. Surasky was even available to answer direct questions and provide his expertise by email and phone with his immediate attention.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
Dr. Surasky has been one of the most important factors in my recovery. His office staff is reliable and I'm always easily able to make appointments to get my Vivitrol shots. In addition to administering the medicine, Dr. Surasky goes out of his way to check in with me and make sure I'm seeking additional tools of recovery and that I'm doing well. I've had nothing but positive experiences with him and would highly recommend him to anyone struggling with opiod addiction.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
I HAVE FOUND CONSISTENT EXCELLENT AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE EACH TIME I CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT OR COME IN FOR A VISIT. AS AN ADDICT, YOU ARE IN A VERY SENSITIVE PHASE OF LIFE AND THE SENSITIVITY MAKES RECOVERY MORE ATTAINABLE. THE OFFICE IS SPOTLESS AND COMFORTABLE. NIMMI IS ONE OF THE MOST PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL STAFF I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. YOU CAN BE A GREAT DOCTOR, I HAVE LEFT THOSE DOCTORS DUE TO A POOR FRONT DESK. ALL BILLING, MEDICAL QUESTIONS ARE PATIENTLY AND CORRECTLY ANSWERED.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
DR.RUSSEL CARES AND THATS WHAT MEANS THE MOST, HES THE MAN!
Manhasset, NY |
dr surasky literally save my life im so grateful for everything hes done for me.
in Farmingdale, NY |
I brought my son to dr Surasky for addiction , and even at this early stage I have to say dr Surasky is one of the best doctor that I ever met , he's understanding , knowledgeable about the subject , I would raccomando him in a heartbeat, I cannot thank him enough for savings my son life , a doctor that answer your calling wright away and does not mind about your questions , excellent!!!
in Huntington, NY |
Dr. Russell Surasky is an amazing doctor that helped me recover when no other doctors could. He treated me with compassion and respect. He spent time going over my needs and concerns and I will continue seeing him for as long as possible.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
Meeting Dr. Surasky was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I tried out of patient care before, and a couple different options. Dr. Surasky worked one on one with me and helped me find a plan that allowed me to stay employed which was very important to me. He gives you all of your options and lets you make the decisions on your time, he's very understanding and we have a great relationship. I highly recommend Dr. Surasky to everyone of all age groups and backgrounds.
in Levittown, NY |
Dr.Russell is very patient and knowledgeable. He is very caring. I felt comfortable immediately. He helped me get better.
in Westbury, NY |
Dr. Russell has been a savior. Very open and welcoming. I had been suffering and lost until I started coming to see the Dr. He has me on a good path and I'm looking forward to him and his team freeing me of my torturous burden.
in Plainview, NY |
He is the most caring compassionate doctor. He really cares about the patient.
in Syosset, NY |
Dr Surasky literally changed my life! He understands and is so very compassionate as is his staff! He returns telephone calls and goes the extra mile (or ten!) in order to help his patients succeed!!! God Bless you, Dr Surasky! If you're thinking about calling him but undecided, JUST DO IT! You'll be glad you did!
in East meadow,Ny |
Basically saved my life
in Queens, NY |
Excellent doctor with an unusual staff environment to make the experience even better. What makes it unusual is how kind and pleasant every single staff member is in the office. Not your typical doctors office, and that is meant in the best possible way. Knowledgeable, very easy to deal with, and courteous!
in Huntington, NY |
Very knowledgeable and informative Really cares about my success in early recovery
in Bethpage, NY |
He's truly cares about his patients well being and journey through recovery of addition.
Elmont, NY |
very friendly and down to earth guy. helped me out alot.
in New York, NY |
Dr.Surasky is a very professional, knowledgeable, and kind Doctor. He truly cares about his patients well being. I highly recommend him and I personally wouldn't go to any other doctor for what he treats me for. He's amazing!!!!!!!!
in New York, NY |
Dr Surasky is extremely educated and knowledgable in addiction. He is kind and compassionate and understanding. He always returns phone calls and answers questions. He works with you so you are very comfortable. He is available he is patient he is the best doctor I have had the privilege and honor of meeting.
Dr. Surasky is an excellent Doctor . I never met a doctor quite like him . He really knows what he's doing . He's full of knowledge & really helped me w/ my addiction & is very compassionate . I'm so glad I was sent to him & will continue to see him .
in Bayside |
Great doctor!! I was very satisfied
in North hills, new york |
Carrying, & interested in helping to solve my needs. We had good results.
in Mineola |
Dr Russell always goes above and beyond what he needs to do. He is a caring concerned doctor who always make you feel you are the utmost importance to him and always concerned with how you are doing personally as well as medically
in Melville, new york |
Very respectable and really listens to you and considers all aspects. This gentleman is very knowledgable and really knows his stuff.
Have you seen Russell Surasky, FAAN?
Are you Russell Surasky?