Cardiology  |
Dr. Russell Reeves, MD
Dr. Russell Reeves, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Reeves is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center.

3980 Colonnade Pkwy

Birmingham, AL 35243

Learn about Dr. Reeves

See how frequently Dr. Reeves performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cardiomyopathy
Heart Disease
Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator

Dr. Reeves's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Thoracentesis
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • U Ala Hosps-Clins
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1975
  • University Of Alabama Hospital
  • U Ala Hosps-Clins
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1980

Dr. Reeves has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Reeves does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reeves and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Reeves' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reeves to family and friends
Dr. Reeves' Performance
birmingham, al |
Best cardiologist in the Birmingham, Alabama, area. Wonderful doctor!!!!
in Lewisburg, West Virginia |
Dr Reeves is always kind, professional and compassionate and I am so confident about his care of me as a patient that I travel to Birmingham every six months from West Virginia for my appointments with him. Respectfully, Shirley Perrine
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr Reeves was the surgeon who changed the battery in my moms pace defibrillator unit. We only met him the morning of the surgery. He was very focused when he came in before surgery, not a lot of conversation. Although my mom had a lot of scaring and bleed significantly Dr Reeves was very attentive until she recovered a several weeks later
in Birmingham, AL |
Always takes the time to explain everything in language easy to understand. Shows a genuine interest. Never seems rushed even at end of day appointment. I and several members of my family have trusted Dr. Reeves for cardiac care for years . He is always up to date on the latest medical and drug studies and explains how they may apply to condition or prescription.
in Birmingham |
Dr. Reeves is very thoughtful and friendly. I appreciate the consideration and thought he gives to my concerns.
in Bessemer, AL |
Dr.Reeves is a Brilliant doctor. He is vey experience in his field. He takes time to explain things to you. I highly recommend him for anyone who is looking for a Good Cardiologist.
in Pell City, AL |
Dr Reeves is an excellent physician with great bedside manner. Recently he cleared me for orthopedic surgery and was thorough in his exam and explanations. Highly recommended
in Birmingham, AL |
Have been pleased overall with care, I am disappointed that my time is deemed unimportant. I had a 10:15 appointment, arrived at 9:45 as requested. I did not see my doctor until 11:35, without excuse.
in Sylacauga, AL |
Dr. Reeves has been my cardiologist since the mid-1990's and I have found him to be highly skilled and very conscientious in my care. My late husband was also his patient from 1991 until his death in 2013. I think he is probably one of the best cardiologists in Alabama and we always felt we had top-notch care and service from him and the CVA team.
in Glencoe, AL |
I am 47 and female. I have been a patient of Dr. Reeves for more than 20 years. After my pacemaker implant, I saw Dr. Honan for several years. He was very thorough, but because of the J-wire recall, I was referred to Dr. Reeves. He was on the research team concerning the j wire, so he took my case. Since then, I have had multiple office visits and a battery replacement (while 3 mos pregnant). My husband & I trust & value Dr. Reeves opinions & recommendations! Very capable & caring!
in Boaz, AL |
Dr. Reeves spent a considerable amount of time with me the first time we met in the hospital explaining the tests to be performed, the reason for the tests and then explaining the results and giving me options for treatment. He is very personable and professional and seems to be a caring concerned physician.
in AL |
Dr. Reeves is my Doctor and my friend. Since 1996 he has treated me for Atrial Fibrillation. He won’t fix what ain't broke.
in Cullman, al |
Dr. Reeves takes time to listen to any questions I might have. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and I feel he cares about me.
in Cullman, AL |
Dr. Reeves came highly recommended to us and he has met and passed those expectations.
in Tuscumbia, AL |
Very proficient in Pacemakers and CHF problems.
in Sardis City, AL |
I consider Dr. Reeves to be one of the most professional specialist cardiologists in the field. He takes the time to listen, which is very impressive, and somewhat lost in todays medical field. His explanations of the procedures one is having, about to have, or thinking of having is excellent - he breaks it all down in a language we can understand, for those of us who are not medically literate. Dr. Reeves is very easy to talk to, and gives you an appropriate amount of time for discussion.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have used Dr. Reeves for many years and I am very satisfied with my appointments with him. He is always friendly and looks outside the box for possible studies I might consider as well as changes in available drugs that might help my condition.
Pendergrass, GA |
He always listen to my questions and answers them. Very through. Excellent Doctor.
Arab, AL |
a great doctor
Have you seen Dr. Russell Reeves, MD?
Are you Dr. Reeves?