Dr. Russell Reeves, MD

Dr. Russell Reeves, MD

Cardiology | Male | 68 years old

25 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Reeves specializes in Cardiology and practices in Birmingham, AL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Reeves? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Reeves' Experience

See how Dr. Reeves' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Reeves

Dr. Reeves accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Reeves has admitting privileges.

Dr. Reeves' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Reeves to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Reeves
Dr. Reeves' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (21)
in Lewisburg, West Virginia |
Dr Reeves is always kind, professional and compassionate and I am so confident about his care of me as a patient that I travel to Birmingham every six months from West Virginia for my appointments with him. Respectfully, Shirley Perrine
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr Reeves was the surgeon who changed the battery in my moms pace defibrillator unit. We only met him the morning of the surgery. He was very focused when he came in before surgery, not a lot of conversation. Although my mom had a lot of scaring and bleed significantly Dr Reeves was very attentive until she recovered a several weeks later
in Birmingham, AL |
Always takes the time to explain everything in language easy to understand. Shows a genuine interest. Never seems rushed even at end of day appointment. I and several members of my family have trusted Dr. Reeves for cardiac care for years . He is always up to date on the latest medical and drug studies and explains how they may apply to condition or prescription.
in Birmingham |
Dr. Reeves is very thoughtful and friendly. I appreciate the consideration and thought he gives to my concerns.
in Bessemer, AL |
Dr.Reeves is a Brilliant doctor. He is vey experience in his field. He takes time to explain things to you. I highly recommend him for anyone who is looking for a Good Cardiologist.
in Pell City, AL |
Dr Reeves is an excellent physician with great bedside manner. Recently he cleared me for orthopedic surgery and was thorough in his exam and explanations. Highly recommended
in Birmingham, AL |
Have been pleased overall with care, I am disappointed that my time is deemed unimportant. I had a 10:15 appointment, arrived at 9:45 as requested. I did not see my doctor until 11:35, without excuse.
in Sylacauga, AL |
Dr. Reeves has been my cardiologist since the mid-1990's and I have found him to be highly skilled and very conscientious in my care. My late husband was also his patient from 1991 until his death in 2013. I think he is probably one of the best cardiologists in Alabama and we always felt we had top-notch care and service from him and the CVA team.
in Glencoe, AL |
I am 47 and female. I have been a patient of Dr. Reeves for more than 20 years. After my pacemaker implant, I saw Dr. Honan for several years. He was very thorough, but because of the J-wire recall, I was referred to Dr. Reeves. He was on the research team concerning the j wire, so he took my case. Since then, I have had multiple office visits and a battery replacement (while 3 mos pregnant). My husband & I trust & value Dr. Reeves opinions & recommendations! Very capable & caring!
in Boaz, AL |
Dr. Reeves spent a considerable amount of time with me the first time we met in the hospital explaining the tests to be performed, the reason for the tests and then explaining the results and giving me options for treatment. He is very personable and professional and seems to be a caring concerned physician.
in AL |
Dr. Reeves is my Doctor and my friend. Since 1996 he has treated me for Atrial Fibrillation. He won’t fix what ain't broke.
in Cullman, al |
Dr. Reeves takes time to listen to any questions I might have. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and I feel he cares about me.
Trussville, AL |
I first met Dr. Reeves in the ER in 1993, at midnight. He happened to be in the hospital, while I was in the midst of a massive heart attack. He saved my life that night, and has been my trusted doctor for the 24 years since. No only is he a wonderful, extremely competent doctor, he treats his patients as friends. Words cannot convey the respect and trust I have for Dr. Reeves, and I would recommend him without hesitation.
in Cullman, AL |
Dr. Reeves came highly recommended to us and he has met and passed those expectations.
in Tuscumbia, AL |
Very proficient in Pacemakers and CHF problems.
in Sardis City, AL |
I consider Dr. Reeves to be one of the most professional specialist cardiologists in the field. He takes the time to listen, which is very impressive, and somewhat lost in todays medical field. His explanations of the procedures one is having, about to have, or thinking of having is excellent - he breaks it all down in a language we can understand, for those of us who are not medically literate. Dr. Reeves is very easy to talk to, and gives you an appropriate amount of time for discussion.
in Birmingham, AL |
I have used Dr. Reeves for many years and I am very satisfied with my appointments with him. He is always friendly and looks outside the box for possible studies I might consider as well as changes in available drugs that might help my condition.
Pendergrass, GA |
He always listen to my questions and answers them. Very through. Excellent Doctor.
Arab, AL |
a great doctor
Have you seen Dr. Russell Reeves, MD?
Are you Dr. Reeves?

Compare Dr. Reeves

Dr. Reeves' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Reeves has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Reeves' Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Murmur
  • Heart Palpitations
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Marfan Syndrome

Completed in 1975

University Of Alabama Hospital
    U Ala Hosps-Clins

Completed in 1980

Dr. Reeves does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Reeves and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement