Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Russell Jackson, DO
Dr. Russell Jackson, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Jackson is affiliated with Baptist Emergency Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital and North Central Baptist Hospital.

155 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 211

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Jackson

See how frequently Dr. Jackson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Disorders
Joint Pain
Shoulder Dislocation

Dr. Jackson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Jackson Dr. Jackson and his staff believe patient relationships are a top priority in which he seeks to educate and understand each patient's priorities and goals concerning their health.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Oklahoma State University
  • The Hand Center Of San Antonio
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Jackson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jackson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jackson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jackson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jackson to family and friends
Dr. Jackson's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
I was very impressed with Dr Jackson and his staff. He was thorough and explained things when answering my questions. Set up therapy for me. Efficiently run office.
in San Antonio, TX |
At age 61, I badly broke my right arm and shoulder in multiple places. Everyone in the ER said "surgery.." Dr. Jackson disagreed and treated me without surgery. Four months later - I am raising my right arm well above my head and continuing to progress in PT. He didn't make us ask the right questions to get answers. He was always thorough, polite and professional. I referred a friend with a badly fractured wrist to him. He did have to operate on her wrist, but she was equally satisfied.
in Bulverde, TX |
Dr Jackson and his staff are excellent providers and I highly recommend his office for any upper extremity surgery or procedure. I fell at my home and suffered an Extra-articular displaced radius fracture of my left wrist, requiring surgery. I chose Dr Jackson to perform this surgery and I am so happy that I did. He and his staff and associates exhibit the utmost of professionalism and skill. The surgery was perfect & my recovery has been perfect as well. I highly recommend Dr. R. Brent Jackson.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Jackson is a kind and caring person, as well as an outstanding surgeon. I highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Jackson by my PCD for rotary cuff surgery. From the first meeting and the discussion of the procedure, to the follow-up appointments to appraise my progress, Dr. Jackson was always very attentive and concerned. He answered my questions and instilled confidence that I was going to recover. Thanks Dr. Jackson, you made the process easy.
bulverde |
Good doctor but makes his patients wait over an hour due to double and triple bookings. That's not respecting the patients time.
in San Antonio, TX |
I recently had shoulder surgery and Dr. Brent Jackson was strongly recommended to me by several M.D. friends. I found Dr. Jackson and his staff to be very friendly, professional and kind on each and every visit. Dr. Jackson took the time to explain things and made sure all my questions and concerns were answered each and every time I saw him. He did an excellent job on my surgery and associated recovery. I would recommend Dr. Jackson without hesitation.
Visalia, CA |
I completely tore my distal biceps tendon in my arm. Dr. Jackson surgically repaired it, and after several months, my arm is nearly back to 100%. Dr. Jackson and his staff were great. I have no complaints and would definitely go back to Dr. Jackson for any arm, shoulder, wrist, hand problems.
in Bulverde, TX |
I am a former athlete/runner and have damaged nearly every major joint in my body. I’ve had seven orthopedic surgeries and Dr Jackson is the best orthopedic surgeon I’ve had. His demeanor, professionalism, and competence are unmatched (IMHO). I would give him a score of 11 out of 10 if I could; he’s that good. If you need help for a shoulder, run, don’t walk, to his office.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Jackson took magnificent care of my little girl when she broke her thumb! Highly Recommended!
in San Antonio, TX |
I am a 75 year old woman. On Oct 23, 2016, I fell off a ladder and fractured my arm. A friend of mine recommended I see Dr. Jackson. I was able to see Dr. Jackson on Oct 24, the day following my accident, and couldn't be happier. Dr. Jackson is not only a good doctor, his bedside manner is the best I have experienced in a long time. He listens to you, he is kind, his recommendations were on the spot and in less than 2.5 months, I was completely healed and released from further appointments.
in Bulverde, tx |
Dr. Jackson treated my trigger finger with patience, kindness and surgical competency. I was a " big 'ole chicken" and wanted my finger to magically fix itself. He was knowledge about my condition and outcome. He is an expert surgeon and a very nice individual. I recommend Dr. Jackson and his staff if you are suffering from hand/shoulder issues.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Jackson and staff do a great job! He recommended a minimally invasive surgery for my elbow tendonitis that helped significantly.
Spring Branch, TX |
Dr. Jackson is an excellent doctor. I'm a court reporter and some part of my body is always hurting, sometimes totally expected. Dr. Jackson's office staff do a wonderful job of fitting me in. Dr. Jackson is very calm, always a smile on his face. He will explain any procedure he does before and during the procedure. He listens and answers any question you may have. I will use him as long as I'm in San Antonio.
in San Antonio, TX |
very good. Great front office staff, Dr. Jackson was very attentive and easy to work with.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was assigned Dr. Jackson by workers comp. It was the only thing that workers comp did right,but that is another story. Dr. Jackson and his staff care about you and want to do what is best for you. Even if that means dealing with difficult insurance companies.
Staff was very friendly and wait time was minimal. Dr. Jackson is a great doctor and helped my wife recover from a shoulder injury quickly. Definitely recommend Jackson Orthopedics!
Great doctor. Spends time explaining everything. He did two surgeries on me and I am very happy with the results.
Have you seen Dr. Russell Jackson, DO?
Are you Dr. Jackson?