Pediatrics  |
Dr. Russel Rhea, MD
Dr. Russel Rhea, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Knoxville, TN. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

125 Huxley Rd

Knoxville, TN 37922

Learn about Dr. Rhea

Dr. Rhea's Experience

Dr. Rhea's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Sanctions found

• Pediatrics

Dr. Rhea does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

1 Sanction
  • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (1/30/2013)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Tennessee

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990

Dr. Rhea has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rhea has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rhea does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rhea and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rhea's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rhea to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Rhea's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in Niota, TN |
We love Dr Rhea. He is excellent. We drive an hour to get to his office and I tell you he's worth it. I've taken my two year old daughter to him sense she was two months. He's more into natural remedies than harsh pharmaceuticals. And he emails great notes from your visit. Which helps Incase you forget something.
in Knoxville, Tn |
I have been to Dr. Rhea twice now with my newborn, refered by Tennova Turkey Creek I havent waited to long either time (45 min max) the wait didnt bother me though because once we were with him he was on his knees with her still sleeping, very gentle, he was very informative to all of my questions and concerns. His LC MiMi is just as informative and wonderful as he.
in Knoxville, TN |
We chose Dr Rhea because he accepts TennCare and the nurses raved about his commitment to the babies. They spoke of him like he was an amazing, caring person. Much like many of the other reviews we too spent more time waiting than should be allowed. I can see getting behind 15 minutes, but our appointment was at 1230. We arrived about 15 minutes early to do paperwork and we still haven't seen the Dr. it is now 1:45. Had I read the reviews prior to making the appointment we would not be here.
in Knoxville, TN |
Office staff is terrible. I have waited over 2 hours with my newborn to be seen for a scheduled well visit. Just changed pediatrician when I was told they do not do vaccinations and that I would need to go to the Health Department for those. Dr. Rhea is a nice enough person but I do not feel the office as a whole had any concern for the health of my child and no respect for me or my time.
in Knoxville, TN |
If I could give a zero, I would. I've been trying to contact their billing department for 3 months now. I call every few days about a statement that I keep getting in the mail for money that I've already paid. It still isn't fixed. The billing person is never there. I thought paying up front would make everything easy, but they're still sending me past due statements for that paid amount. They're in the wrong and I can't get ahold of anyone to fix it.
Knoxville, TN |
The waiting time is never less than an hour in the lobby and about another 30mns in the examination room. He is sloppy and does not appear to be professional. I do not recommend him. We had to leave after 2 hours waiting for the appointment at 9:30. There were a few people in the lobby complained and left too.
in Knoxville, TN |
I like Dr Rhea personally, but his office is filthy, as another person said. The carpets are disgusting, as well as the walls. They have not put paper down on the table any time I've been. The Dr and nps haven't washed their hands any time they come in. The bathroom floor is gunky. And the baseboards are brown with dirt, dust, and hair. Finally, the office ladies can be very gruff and dismissive. I do like Candy and Mimi, the LC's. I am sad to leave Dr Rhea, but it is to filthy.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very attentive to my toddler and patient and educational.
Dr. Rhea is an amazing pediatrician who is friendly and full of knowledge. He came to my room in the hospital when my son was born and my son was very calm with him. Three years later and Dr. Rhea has never missed a diagnosis for anything my son has had. He is patient and hears all my concerns and answers all my questions. I would highly recommend him!
Knoxville, TN |
The waiting area and examination room were filthy, Dr. Rhea was 2 hours late for the appointment time, was dressed in a sloppy and unprofessional manner, and took a personal phone call during our appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Russel Rhea, MD?
Are you Dr. Rhea?