Dr. Rushia Butler, MD

Dr. Rushia Butler, MD

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Rushia Butler, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Homewood, IL. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read her story

18036 Gottschalk Ave

Homewood, IL 60430

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Butler

Dr. Butler's Experience

Dr. Butler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Butler's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Butler " Holistic Medicine. Medically Supervised Weight Loss. Anti-Aging Medicine Born in Chicago's South Suburbs, a physician of 20 years, Dr. Butler has worked in ER/Urgent Care, multi-specialty practices, and even retired from the US Army as Major Butler after an 8-year stint of service. This vast experience gave her new understandings of medicine from a variety of perspectives. As a mother of two adults, a daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, aunt, and niece, she knows the healing power of relationships. It's this faith in relationships that pushed her into family medicine, and ultimately Holistic, Integrative, & Functional Medicine. "After working 15 years in medicine, I noticed: medicine has become unhealthy: doctors see the same patients for years, writing the same prescriptions over and over until the condition progresses, requiring more expensive treatments and specialists over time. I've heard it time and time again, 'This is my third course of antibiotics and I'm still not better', or' I've been on this med for years, now the price has doubled and I can't afford it anymore.'" The patients never really get better, the pharmacies are overwhelmed, and all of this comes at steep financial costs. "It makes no sense because most doctors are taught to FIND then TREAT the cause of illness, not just manage prescriptions. Yet in the world of 'more,' doctors typically have a quota of 3000 or more patients to care for each year. The result? Patients typically learn to accept, tolerate, and expect to be 1 of 26 patients on the doctor's daily schedule sometimes even double booked. That same physician's schedule will also have to absorb up to 18 telephone interruptions as well. As a result, the average patient visit is only 7 minutes, and there is no time to create a plan to actually HEAL the patient. Many patients accept this system. But patients who believe in holistic medicine want something more. They want sincere Quality. We get it, and we work within the patient-physician relationship to invest in the time and teamwork that it takes to help our patients gain control, and GET OFF THE MEDS. We created Wellness Integrative Medical & Spa for those patients. Those who value QUALITY over quantity. We believe in the healing properties of the doctor patient relationship. For us, medicine is truly an act of love. Holistic Medicine. Medically Supervised Weight Loss. Anti-Aging Medicine Maxing at 400 patients per year to allow no less than 20-30 minutes scheduled visits 60-minute New Assessment (required for all new patients) 60 Complete/Yearly Physical Exam, Lab review, and Decision planning 20, 40, and 60 minute undisturbed or interrupted appointment slots with self-booking for easy convenience Free Community Herbal Garden Personalized lab- based supplement regimens Onsite Acupuncture Regular classes and patient appreciation events Not sure if Holistic Medicine is right for you? Call today to schedule a free 15 minute nonmedical consults to see if we're a fit."

This content was provided by Dr. Butler "Holistic/Functional Medicine, Weight Loss and Anti-Aging Medicine.  We're Wellness Integrative Medical & Spa:  where medicine is an act of love.

Wellness Integrative Medicine believes in treating the whole person with ALL feasible options/modalities to heal, and not just prescribe. We empower you to be your best self, and love that self too!

We use all resources to help patients achieve their best health. That means helping patients achieve control of medical conditions with as little medications as possible. To this end, we practice from a very holistic & comprehensive perspective.

Service include:

Holistic/Functional Medicine

Medically Supervised Weight Loss

Anti-Aging Medicine

Thorough and Unrushed Visits

• One full hour New Patient Assessement (required for all New Patients only)
  • One full hour Complete/Yearly Exam
  • No less than 20, 40, 60 minute time slots for established patients.

Free Onsite Community Herbal Garden

On-site Acupuncture

Anti-Aging products including Obagi, Viviscal, PFB , and Botox for complexion blending"

• Holistic Medicine

• Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Pneumonia

• Acupuncture Meridian Therapy
  • Chemical Peel
  • Herbal Medicine
  • Weight Loss Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Finch University Of Health Sciences Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • University Il College Med Rockford
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Butler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Butler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Butler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Butler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Butler to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Butler Says:

Navigating today's healthcare plans and offices can be frustrating.

We offer the following tips to help patients understand their choices- before any visit:

Know Your Plan

• Confirm your network, co-pay, & deductible.
  • Some are surprised they've seen the right

...

Dr. Butler's Performance
Houston, TX |
I love the anti-aging approach, and love the idea of spending more time with the physician.
Steger, IL |
I've reviewed Dr. Butler, but I didn't reviewed Penny Will for acupuncture or just the Office. I gave the staff 5 stars, for Penny and Ray who always helps me out if I'm having insurance issues. There's no wait time because I always do self check in and Ray separates all the appointment visits by about 15 minutes so they pretty much always run on time. The only downside is that I can't just drop in whenever I want, but that makes sense since I wouldn't want someone crashing in on my time.
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Butler! Her style of medicine she is truly all about her patients. There is no wait time because you are the only person scheduled at your time. She listens to your concerns, answers all your question, and creates a plan for you. I can't wait to see my progress now that I am working with her!
in Manhattan, IL |
My experience with Dr. Butler was so bad I filed a formal complaint about her (which may I add was extremely difficult to do). I saw her for a yearly gyno appointment and she was in and out within 5 min. Never asked about menstrual cycle, sexual activity, or if I had any questions. Just came in, took samples SUPER quickly and was out. PLUS she ordered blood work for me. Turns out it was for a lot of specialty tests that there was NO need for....except a $1000 bill. I'm furious!!! Dont see her!
We value feedback, but are aware of false reviews. Because we are a holistic family medicine practice (not OB/Gyne) specializing in unrushed visits of 20, 40, & 60 minutes, there are no 5 minute visits, or 'samples' taken (also docs who do take samples usually need more than 5 minutes). We encourage all patients to revisit the current 'doc-in-a-box' system of care: interview, and select doctor that matches YOUR style then create a sincere Patient-Doctor relationship for your best health.
Frankfort, il |
LOVE the Obagi Chemical peel.
in Homewood, IL |
Good listener. Big on patient and doctor teamwork to get me off the meds.
flossmoor, il |
Great patient appreciation gathering. Good company, food, and drinks. We'll definitely be attending Penny's herb garden walk. This practice feels like a really relaxing home.
Flossmoor, IL |
I met Penny Will and Dr. Butler at a Wine and Dine in their office. First the office looks and feels like a home. There's a whole herb and flower garden in the window boxes. Inside, you see all the standard botox and weight loss postings, but there's LOTS of original artwork too. The seating is comfortable, but there is this cozy sofa across from a fireplace and tea beverage center. Just being there is therapeutic. I've only attended the Wine and Dine, but the patients seem to love it.
in Chicago , IL |
My wife dragged me. Patients 405/406. Guess we got in when 2 of the 'Traditional' above left. Goodie for us. I'm off the BP meds after we got my weight down. Pharmacy bill only $4/month now. I had carpel tunnel too. She ordered emv, offered ibuprofen AND Ms Penny's acupuncture. The acupunture was for the win! Pain AND sinusitis GONE! I agree with the other person, Dr Butler offered ibuprofen, BUT acupuncture is there onsite- don't think they rated Gottschalk. ONLY see her @Homewood!!
in Chicago Heights, IL |
Wellness Integrative/Homewood Community Herb Garden on site? Wow- what doc does THAT? Acupuncture, Massage, Skincare and Botox too. My husband came, but because my first two visits were an hour, he went to Asian Harbor. Later when he got acupuncture there, I went to LaVoute for lunch. Excellent. We both lost around 30lbs. Cut my diabetes prescriptions by half. He's off all diabetic meds (lost 40lbs). My sister was added to the wait list in January but was accepted March. She's off bp meds.
in Homewood, IL |
I had my Botox done their. Gorgeous! I didn't want that 'windblown' look. My friends know I had SOMETHING done, but they can't tell what. First did full face, then 6 weeks later did the Obagi Blue Radiance Peel for old acne spots. I'm loving the glow! I asked if she's ever had it done. She doesn't look 46 but she insists she hasn't. I think she has ;-) I love that they're holistic, but they still get their 'girlie' anti-aging medicine on.
in Homewood, IL |
I tried to see Dr. Butler at the HMO site, but she's working only in the holistic practice now. I lost 30lbs with them! No wait time, and each visit was at least 20 minutes. Anyone who say her less than 20 minutes didn't see her at at Wellness Integrative in Homewood because they only see patients in 20, 40, and 60 minutes time slots.
in Homewood, IL |
I read the reviews but since some described standard medicine basics, and we were looking for a holistic doctor, I thought I'd check out the discrepency. To the others point, this ISN'T your typical office- they're Holistic. Took me out to an herb garden to teach me how not to salt food. But we spent ALOT of time. A full hour on both my first and second visit. We have a $5000 deductible, so they gave us 30% off the bill when we asked. Paid cash. They're actually not into too much testing.
in Alsip, IL |
My experience was horrible! She doesn't listen! Very quick to refer me to a specialist After having pain in my hand for 2 months at my 2nd visit she said she didn't just want to throw a pill @ it even though she prescribed 600mg of ibuprofen @ my first visit - so after an EMG & x-rays and 3 copays later she refers me to an ortho - had to pay a $40 copay to have 2 min conversation we could of had over the phone for free - I'm sure my insurance is being billed for a follow up consult
in Chicago |
I showed up for my scheduled appointment to learn there was a waiting list for new patients. After 15 minutes of the doctor trying to Jhedi mind trick me to believe it was my fault that I had made a ton of life changes/accommodations to get to an appointment...that should not have been scheduled. It was a crazy experience. Shame on her for insulting my intelligence. She did constantly remind me that this was a very private boutique practice. Dr. Butler kindly offered to run my insurance!
I had to wait 35 minutes to see her and she was only in there for 5 minutes. She was short n sweet to the point. Not someone I would go and see again .
Have you seen Dr. Rushia Butler, MD?

Visit Dr. Butler