Dr. Rush E. Akin, MD

Dr. Rush E. Akin, MD

19 reviews

Internal Medicine | Male | 69 years old

Dr. Akin believes in medical care that takes the whole person into account. He strives to provide the best clinical care combined with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients. Dr. Akin has been a long-standing member of Bay County, since 1976, and is able to cater to immediate needs.Read more

Dr. Akin's Experience

See how Dr. Akin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Akin

Dr. Akin accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Akin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Akin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akin to family and friends
Dr. Akin's Performance
in Youngstown, FL |
Dr Akin is the first doctor I have ever been to who gets you in fast and spends time with you, answering all of your questions. I wish I had found him 40 years ago!
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Akin and his staff are very caring and helpful. I recently had a health problem, they worked me in their schedule and I needed a referral to another specialty doctor, so they made me an appointment with that doctor the same day. I call that quick, efficient service. My husband and I have trusted them with our health care for over thirty years.
in Panama City, FL |
I have been a patient of Doctor Akin for many years and I would recommend him to my family and friends without hesitation. He and his Staff are always more than willing to help with whatever health needs I have. Doctor Akin has always taken time to explain my test results and give me medical advise using common sense responses to my questions. His Staff is second to none and always friendly and efficient.
in Panama City Fl. |
Excellent doctor, easy to talk with and easy to understand. DR. Akin is truly a very caring and knowledgeable professional with the individual best interest in the forefront of his practice.
in Wbp, fl |
Dr Akin truly cares about his patients. I never feel like I am being rushed out the door. If he does not know what is wrong, he sends you to an expert in that field of medicine.
in Panama City Beach FL |
Very experienced physician. Demonstrates concern for his patients
in Lynn Haven, FL |
he was extremely thorough and kind and took his time. I honestly felt as though I should have been seeing him all along. Very happy to get the rest of my family in with him!
in Southport fl |
I moved here from tennessee and wanted dr atkin for a dr. Me and my wife applied but was turned down. They said it was because of too many patients but I think it was because I am over weight. I am sad because of a office manager that don't like my looks
Panama City, FL |
Dr.Akin cares about me as a patient and gives the type quality of care of would hope to receive anywhere I go. He hasn't changed how he practices medicine even though technology has forced some changes. It is about me and my care
Have you seen Dr. Rush E. Akin, MD?
Are you Dr. Akin?

Dr. Akin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Akin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

Completed in 1976

Huntington

Graduated in 1970

• Farsi

Dr. Akin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Echocardiography