Dr. Rush Akin, MD

Dr. Rush Akin, MD

Internal Medicine  |
40 reviews

Dr. Rush Akin, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Panama City, FL. He is 69 years old. Dr. Akin is affiliated with Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center....See Less

Learn about Dr. Akin

Dr. Akin believes in medical care that takes the whole person into account. He strives to provide the best clinical care combined with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients. Dr. Akin has been a long-standing member of Bay County, since 1976, and is able to cater to immediate needs.

Dr. Akin's Experience

Dr. Akin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Akin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• Lloyd Noland Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Lloyd Noland Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Akin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Akin has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Akin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Akin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akin to family and friends
Dr. Akin's Performance
Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin and his staff are kind, friendly and professional. They listen to my needs and give clear answers and answer all questions. I highly recommend them.
in Panama City, FL |
I had been looking for a doctor I could have confidence in and feel comfortable with for several years. My friends kept telling me to checkout Dr Akins and I hate I waited so long. When I leave his office I feel like help has really taken my problem seriously and has done his best to find what is causing my problem. The staff are kind and friendly.
in Panama City Beach Fl. |
You won't find a more capable and knowledgeable physician than Dr Rush.
Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin is very professional and knowledgeable. I feel very confident with his decisions and recommendations concerning my medical care.
in Panama City, FL |
I am no fan of the doctor experience but I am very glad I found Dr. Akin's office andI would highly recommend Dr. Akin and his staff to anyone. They are courteous, professional, and punctual. Dr. Akin has a great manner about him and they all do a good job listening.
in Wewahitchka, FL |
I was impressed with his thoroughness and his caring attitude. Also, that he wasn't eager to prescribe medications unless they are needed. Very pleasant experience and I will be recommending his to others.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr Aiken and staff welcome you as family. Can't think of a better practice that I have visited for my health care. Thanks y'all Eddie Hodgens
in Lynn Haven, Fl 32444 |
Great office staff! Dr Akin is very thorough and takes an ample am ount of time with each patient.
Simply the Best!
in Lynn Haven, FL |
I love Dr. Akin and Staff! It's like visiting friends when I go for an appointment! They are top notch! Doc has been my Physician for over 40 years. That should sum it up!
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Rush Akin has been my primary physician for approximately 20 years. He and his staff provide professional, knowledgeable and compassionate care for their patients. My family and I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Akin to our extended family and friends.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin Has been our doctor since moving to Panama City in 2006. Dr. Akin has been very helpful and informative as to our medical needs. I believe he genuinely cares for each person he treats. The nurses treat you like friends and help in any way possible.
in Lynn Haven FL |
I have known Dr. Akin for many years and my deceased husband and I have been his patients for a long time. He is dedicated to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and has helped us enormously all these years. He is kind and understanding and I would highly recommend him to all.
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Akin and his staff are very professional. We have been seeing Dr. Akin as our family Dr. for many years and I highly recommend him. If a problem with your health outside of his field, he never hesitates to send you to a specialist.
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Akin is a true professional who cares for his patients. At each appointment he takes the necessary time to educate you on your conditions and answer any questions you might have. It's obvious that he more than "Keeps up" with current medical literature as he is a wealth of information. Recently he referred me to another specialist. He made sure that I made the appointment and had a prompt follow up visit to explain my condition and his recommendations. Dr. Akin is an excellent Physician.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin has been my primary care doc for years. He is very proactive about prevention and early detection of health issues. Highly recommend.
Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin is knowledgeable, professional, and takes the time to answer all of my questions. His office is friendly, clean, and prompt.
in Panama City, FL |
Dr. Akin is an excellent Doctor. He is very attentive and makes patients feel comfortable.His staff is outstanding and the office is run like a well tuned machine. I have no suggestions to make things better. How can you improve upon perfection ?
Panama City, FL |
Have been a patient of Dr. Akin for over 25 years. He is thorough and practical and is always willing to listen and discuss your health concerns.
in Youngstown, FL |
Dr Akin is the first doctor I have ever been to who gets you in fast and spends time with you, answering all of your questions. I wish I had found him 40 years ago!
in Lynn Haven, FL |
Dr. Akin and his staff are very caring and helpful. I recently had a health problem, they worked me in their schedule and I needed a referral to another specialty doctor, so they made me an appointment with that doctor the same day. I call that quick, efficient service. My husband and I have trusted them with our health care for over thirty years.
in Panama City, FL |
I have been a patient of Doctor Akin for many years and I would recommend him to my family and friends without hesitation. He and his Staff are always more than willing to help with whatever health needs I have. Doctor Akin has always taken time to explain my test results and give me medical advise using common sense responses to my questions. His Staff is second to none and always friendly and efficient.
in Panama City Fl. |
Excellent doctor, easy to talk with and easy to understand. DR. Akin is truly a very caring and knowledgeable professional with the individual best interest in the forefront of his practice.
in Wbp, fl |
Dr Akin truly cares about his patients. I never feel like I am being rushed out the door. If he does not know what is wrong, he sends you to an expert in that field of medicine.
in Panama City Beach FL |
Very experienced physician. Demonstrates concern for his patients
in Lynn Haven, FL |
he was extremely thorough and kind and took his time. I honestly felt as though I should have been seeing him all along. Very happy to get the rest of my family in with him!
in Southport fl |
I moved here from tennessee and wanted dr atkin for a dr. Me and my wife applied but was turned down. They said it was because of too many patients but I think it was because I am over weight. I am sad because of a office manager that don't like my looks
Panama City, FL |
Dr.Akin cares about me as a patient and gives the type quality of care of would hope to receive anywhere I go. He hasn't changed how he practices medicine even though technology has forced some changes. It is about me and my care
Have you seen Dr. Rush Akin, MD?
Are you Dr. Akin?