Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD

Dr. Raina
Telehealth services available

Akron Children's Hospital

214 W Bowery St # 7400 Akron, OH 44308

Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD is a Nephrology Specialist in Akron, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Akron General Medical Center and Summa Health System - Akron Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Raina to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Nephrology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Raina is affiliated with Wooster Community Hospital Wooster, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Raina's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Iron Metabolism Disorders
  • Vasculitis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

Dr. Raina accepts

Dr. Raina accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
Coventry Health America PPO

Dr. Raina's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Raina

Dr. Raina?
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Listened & answered questions (17)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
Dr. Raina was very attentive in listening to me and accounting for my goals in providing care. His warm and open personality allowed me to share the most intimate details about my health and difficulties I've had in managing care in the past. The staff was excellent in ensuring I was prepped for the meeting with Dr. Raina and ensuring I had all the information I needed from their end.
Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
He is a great pediatric nephrologist. He is not only doing is job with excellence in USA but also he is helping developing countries like Bangladesh by collaborating with us in research to prevent kidney disease related mortality and morbidity in children. He also share his great expertise & knowledge in this field with us so that we can improve ourselves. Best wishes for him
Dr. Azmeri Sultana – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
My experience with Dr. Rupesh Raina has always been really wonderful. His friendly demeanor made me feel extremely comfortable while sharing my medical issues. He makes a genuine effort to inquire about the well being of my family every single time. Despite his busy schedule, he gives an undivided attention and answers all my questions convincingly. His great explanation of my illness was very helpful. It is always very pleasant and reassuring to meet him. It would be my pleasure to recommend you doctor to my family and friends, for them to have an opportunity of witnessing your care and expertise. Thank you for being so caring and welcoming.
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina listens to patients and their goals. He takes the time to explains your condition and how it affects the rest of the bodily systems. He encourages patients to educate themselves so they have a better understanding of CKD. He sldo encourages supports groups, when needed. He is truly a top doc and caring physician. I have referred friends to him.
Roberta J Wervey – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
I’ve been very pleased with Dr. Raina and all of the staff in this office. Dr. Raina has always been very helpful and lets me ask all my questions and also educates on kidney issues. I felt like he spent the time with me and was not in a hurry to get to his next patients. I will definitely go back for my follow up appointment in a few months.
Tim Miller – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina was very helpful with my situation , explained everything to me in detail and answered all the questions i had. Staff was great as well. I would highly recommend Dr.Raina!
Nathan Henderson – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina is one of the most knowledgeable physicians in this specialty. His entire group and team is cutting edge and highly skilled. Their communication is direct and purposeful. Dr. Raina takes a personal interest in all of his patients and I would recommend him to anyone in need of a skilled Nephrologist.
Jim – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Raina for at least 3 years now. 95% of the time he is on time with his appointments. He and his staff has treated me very well and are very professional. I am happy that I was referred to his office.
Doug Yard – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina is a truly amazing physician who goes above and beyond for his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable and stays up to date on the most current treatments. He and his staff always make time to answer questions and address concerns. Additionally, he goes beyond his business hours to return my call just to make sure I had a good understanding of my health. It truly means a lot to me and he is one of the most caring doctors I've ever met!
Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr Raina give their patients the time they need and deserve. Dr Raina answer questions using language that is clear, without using too much medical terminology. Dr Raina is not only honest, but also offer hope, even when a situation is difficult. Dr Raina help their patients feel empowered to improve their own health. Especially young adult. He explains that there are small things he can really make a patient feel valued. Things like asking questions about our job or family show that how he truly interested in them as a person. He is amazing.
Apr 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina has been my nephrologist for over nine years. He saw me through the difficult pediatric to adult transition and I have never had a bad visit or call with him. Of the dozens of doctors I have been to, he is by far the best and my personal favorite. He routinely goes out of his way to accommodate me and my family. He is not only a great doctor, but a great person also. I would recommend seeing him to anyone with kidney disease, and meeting him to anyone without it.
Kyle – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina's is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever had. Gave me the best care possible and always explain my condition to me in a manner that. I can understand. He took the time to get to know me and would always reference things from previous visits. His bedside manner was superb and made sure to balance both serious and jovial manners to make me feel at ease. All in all there is no one us I would recommend other than Dr. Raina
Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Raina's for years and can only describe him as amazing. Simply put, he is an amazing physician. Dr. Raina gave the highest quality of care to me and truly took the time to get to know me and my situation. He worked with me to develop a plan of attack and saw to it that I had the tools needed to achieve a healthy life. Dr. Raina would explain everything that we were doing and would answer any and all questions I had at a level I could understand. He went above and beyond his mission as a doctor. My family and I are truly blessed to have Dr. Raina in our lives.
Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
I was diagnosed in the summer of 18 and Raina has been my nephrologist since. His compassion along with that of his entire staff has made my experience with such a terrible disease much more tolerable. I trust he and his nurses like family.
Quinn Starkey – Mar 31, 2020
He saved my life
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Dr. Raina is an excellent physician. He's patient, knowledgeable, kind, and caring. He takes all the time you may need to explain everything in detail and answer any questions I may have. I highly recommend him as he is a great physician. I am pleased with the care, treatment, and guidance he has provided over the last few years and I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a nephrologist.
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
Raina's capabilities as a doctor aren't the question, but his ethics are. As a former patient, he regular would want to make me believe that he had access to the kidney transplant list and could tell me where I was at on the list, but I knew that even the transplant center didn't have access to that information. So I confirmed it with the head of the transplant center. How he responded to me was shocking when he asked, "Who is Dr. Raina?" Enough said. Frequently misrepresents the truth.
Joeschmoo in Cleveland, OH – Nov 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
His office sent me a letter saying they were sorry I died! Other than that, he cancelled my appointments every other time, and never explained anything to me. This place is a nightmare!
Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?
I met him a little over a year ago. I was in the hospital and I didn't have a kidney Dr. My husband went into the hallway and talked with him, Dr Raina came in and told me straight out what he expected from me and asked me what I expected from him. He was straight forward and to the point. He got my health back on track and has helped me deal with my ESRD. I'm forever grateful for him and his staff. He's a great Dr and I would recommend him if you have kidney failure.
Tamille Miller in Akron ohio – Feb 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupesh Raina, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Raina?

• Nephrology