Dr. Rupesh Patel, DO

Dr. Rupesh Patel, DO

Maternal-Fetal Medicine | Male

The goal in our practice is to help achieve the best outcome for mother and baby.

Dr. Rupesh Patel, DO is a maternal-fetal medicine doctor who practices in Hoffman Estates, IL. He is 42 years old. Dr. Patel is affiliated with St. Alexius Medical Center and Alexian Brothers Medical Center.

Dr. Patel's Experience

See how Dr. Patel's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patel

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Patel has admitting privileges.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Hoffman Estate, IL |
Only opinion he has for : 1.) a pregnancy with 2 blood vessel chord is 'yeah everything is fine' 2.) a pregnancy with an ovarian cyst 15 cm is 'yeah you may need a surgery, else everything is fine' (it resulted in a laparotomy surgery at 20 weeks) 3.) a baby with a brain anomaly 'some anomaly, but yeah everything is fine'. (Which otherwise care providers suggest an ultrasound post birth). Ughhhh... No connect, No bed side manners, no quality of a 'care provider'!!! I won't recommend him!
Grayslake, IL |
I think Dr. Patel is great. He takes time to explain what's going on, answer questions, address concerns etc. I have full confidence in his decisions
in West Chicago, IL |
I had a lot of visits to this MFM office because I had a high-risk twin pregnancy, and because one of my babies had an absent end flow. Initially, Dr Patel gave me the impression of an impersonal doctor & matter of fact. However, we developed a more positive relationship. In the end, he made the call to have me deliver early, which probably was the best thing for our babies. I'm very grateful for his expertise, and was very touched to know he visits our babies in the NICU after they were born.
in Hoffman Estates, IL |
Worst doctor I have experienced. We had to visit MFM since I was diabetic. This was our 2nd trimester scan and after the nurse performed the initial scan, she let us know Dr. Patel would be seeing us to go over the results. Dr. Patel was extremely bad in reviewing the reports. He was totally uninterested in explaining things. Even when we tried to ask about certain details,he almost brushed off giving proper answers. It seemed as though he was forced to see us. Very rude behaviour! AVOID Him!
One of the worse experiences with a doctor. I am almost 20 weeks pregnant, this was my 2nd trimester scan. The nurse was fantastic & told us the doctor would give us some more pictures during the ultrasound - he gave us none! He spent 5 minutes with us & acted like we were bothering him. Had a terrible bedside manner and told us our baby has a cyst on her brain that only occurs in 1% to 2% of babies. Wasn't helpful at all and I left the office in tears. Will not ever see him again!
in Hoffman Estates, IL |
Did not feel he could connect with patients. He was not warm and did not explain things in detail.
in Schaumburg, IL |
my primary doctor booked an appointment with him & they did not asked for due date or any dates whereas the test we had appointment was date specific. As soon as we got there they gave us some paper work to fill out & we waited there for approximately 25 min.& paid $40 copay ( should be $20 per Insurance) they called us in test room and said you are too late for this test. you wont get any result if you do test. why did not they told us this while making an appointment or when we got there.
I have never dealt with a ruder doctor in my life. He spent but 2 minutes with me and wasn't helpful at all. Needless to say I left the office in tears after my appointment and will not be returning to be seen by him again.
Have you seen Dr. Rupesh Patel, DO?
Are you Dr. Patel?

Compare Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel's Care Philosophy

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
      •  Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Patel's Board Certifications

• Maternal & Fetal Medicine
      • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
      • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
      • Autoimmune Disease in Pregnancy
      • Bleeding Disorders
      • Blood Disorders
      • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
      • Breech Position
      • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
      • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
      • Congenital Heart Defects
      • Pregnancy
      • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
      • Premature Birth
      • Preterm Rupture of Membranes
      • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Urinary Disorders

Completed in 2006

Harrisburg Hosp Pinnacle Hlth Sys

Completed in 2009

Loyola University Chicago

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Fetal Ultrasound
      • Pregnancy Care, Adolescent
      • Pregnancy Ultrasound
      • Sympathectomy
      • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)