Dr. Rupesh Parikh, MD

Dr. Rupesh Parikh, MD

Medical Oncology  |

EXPERIENCE Dr. Rupesh Parikh's philosophy of taking care of the patient first and the disease second, has led him to become highly regarded and respected within the local community and throughout the country. He is the recipient of numerous notable awards including the Patients' Choice Award 2008-2011, Most Compassionate Doctor Award 2010-2015 and was named America's Top Oncologist by the Consumer Research Council of America. Since joining CCCN in 2005, Dr. Parikh has been proactive in the fight against cancer having served as Principal Investigator for a number of clinical trials. With access to over 150 clinical trials, Dr. Parikh treats patients who have traveled from out of state as well as many local patients. Besides being active in clinical research, Dr. Parikh also strives to give back to the medical community as an Adjunct Assistant Professor for Touro University, helping to teach the practitioners of tomorrow. He has authored several publications and currently serves as the Chairman of the Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee and Vice Chief of Staff at the St. Rose Hospitals in the Las Vegas/Henderson area. Prior to joining CCCN, Dr. Parikh was the lead researcher for enrolling patients onto clinical trials at Southern California Permanente Medical Group at Kaiser Fontana. He served on the Regional Cancer Committee and was the Chairman of the Local Cancer Committee as well. AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST Breast, Colon and Lung Cancer, GYN Oncology and Sarcoma. As an Oncologist he sees all tumors. Dr. Parikh also sees a variety of hematologic malignancies and Lymphomas. His extensive research in the Leukemia & Lymphoma field has been published in Neoplastic Diseases of the Blood, 4th edition. BOARD CERTIFIED Internal Medicine Medical Oncology EDUCATION FELLOWSHIP: University of Oklahoma, Hematology/Oncology RESIDENCY: St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, Internal Medicine – Chief Resident MEMBERSHIPS/AFFILIATIONS American Society of Clinical Oncology, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Chairman of the Pharmacy & Therapeutic Committee – St. Rose Hospitals, Clark County Medical Society, Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP), Credentialing Committee Member – St. Rose Hospitals, Nevada Cancer Research Foundation, Nevada Oncology Society, Nevada State Medical Association, UCLA Community Oncology Research Network, Translational Oncology Research International (TORI) and US Oncology Research Network PERSONAL Dr. Parikh is married with children. He is fluent in several languages and enjoys traveling. He also enjoys reading, teaching, sports, kite flying and spending time with his family.

Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada

10001 S Eastern Ave Ste 108

Henderson, NV 89052

• America's Health Choice
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Culinary Health Fund
  • HealthChoice
  • One Health
  • PHCS
  • Sierra Choice

Learn about Dr. Parikh

"Treating the patient, not just the disease" Treating a patient?s spirit and dignity goes hand-in-hand with treating the illness. As physicians, we need to foster the patients? inner strength and courage to prevail the feelings of sadness and hopelessness. The drugs that are available to treat the disease are relatively standard across the country, but in treating the patient, we all have to break the mold of how we were taught and learn that the patient comes first. Integrative Medicine!

Dr. Parikh's Experience

Dr. Parikh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Medical Oncology

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • All Lymphoma
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bile Duct Cancer
  • Vaginal Cancer

• Cancer Treatment
  • Chemotherapy
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University of California at Riverside
  • St Agnes Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University of Oklahoma
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Parikh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parikh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parikh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parikh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parikh to family and friends
Dr. Parikh's Performance
Logandale, NV |
I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Parikh! He basically saved my life from stage IV triple negative breast cancer. He was kind and compassionate while I was at first so fearful of chemo and all my treatments might involve. He listens; really listens. He will explain every step thoroughly and answer all your questions. (I had a list of 15 at first.) He actually cares about your quality of life. He tailored treatments to avoid making me feel sick. He is so positive and determined to succeed.
in Henderson, NV |
I moved to town and need a doctor for continued care with my DVT's. I have found him to be helpful and caring, and concerned with all facets of my healthcare. I would certainly recommending him to a family member.
in Henderson, NV |
I called D. Parikh's office when I found a lump in my breast during the holidays that was growing - he fit in this new patient and had me on treatment within 3 days. The HR3 tumor in my breast began shrinking and it was able to be removed as a tumor and I was able to keep my breast - throughout the entire treatment - Dr. Rupesh Parikh was concerned with my entire care, with blood work, and follow-up - and is now helping maintaining my care after the cancer. Grateful for his care.
in Henderson, Nevada |
Dr. Parikh is my highly respected oncologist/hematologist. Have seen him for a few years. It is unbelievable to watch the care and empathy he gives his patients, especially in this day and age. He is kind and caring in the toughest of specialties. I respect his opinion in all matters. He is a prince anda man dedicated to his patience.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear about the positive experience you've had with Dr. Parikh and your cancer care team. If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly at infocccn@usoncolgy.com. Thank you,
in Las Vegas, Nevada, 89123 |
This physician is the best. He is professional, caring, and explains the procedures in a caring way. He is very compassionate and really cares about his patients. I would recommend him without hesitation.
in Henderson, Nevada |
This makes me wish I had a better command of words because there isn't nearly enough praise for this gentle man. He has never let me down . His patience has no limits. His staff is amazing. A real human being who absolutely cares. Totally. I know other people who go to him as well and NOBODY has a bad word to say about I'm. He is easy going, kind, highly intelligent and never loses his patience. A real comfort. Just a truly sincere, compassionate man. I feel honored to be his patient.
in Henderson, NV |
This Physician is one of the kindest, smartest, compassionate and supportive doctors I have ever known. Extraordinary human. I am humbled by his goodness and and concern for his patients. A role model for us all.
in Las Vegas, NV |
What Can I Say - this man is truly the most amazing person and his staff is beyond none ; they make you feel at home and they treat you with the up most respect ; Cancer is a hard diagnosis and this doctor and his team will get you thru the treatment ; informative ; understanding ; caring ; up to date on his information ; compassionate ; A True Angel. The Vegas Valley is Lucky to have him and treat those who need his help. God Bless you, Dr Parikh !
in Henderson, NV |
He handles all my medical issues , whether it is his specialty or not. Makes my appts with other dr offices/labs and has his staff call me if he sees something wrong with my blood work. Takes time to explain everything .
in las vegas, nv |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Paikh. I have seen many doctors in my 70 years, dr. Parikh is surely the best for the treatment of multiple myeloma he has been my oncologist for the last 7 years. I can't say enough about the good things that he is doing and has done for me and other patients that I have observed. Everyone speaks very highly of him
in Las Vegas, NV |
One of the most compassionate human beings on the planet ; The only word I can use to describe him as an ANGEL ! He is the only doctor that I have had over my life who listens , cares , and goes out of a way to find an answer if he does not know himself. This man is truly in the right field and gives more than he needs to for his patients.. I am blessed that he is in my life.
Las Vegas, NV |
Have to reply to rebuttal the review left by someone stating that this dr Parikh is indifferent. I found out that there are 2 dr Parikh in henderson in oncology. This one is amazing and unbelievable. I doubt he would ever be aloof or indifferent. There is mistaken identity and I will give my life to defend this man as without him , I would not be alive. This dr Parikh is the best ! Trust me. See for yourself if you need his help. He won't let you down.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I have been a patient of Dr. Parikh for almost ten years. He is thorough, knowledgeable, friendly, informative, and very caring and concerned with my treatment. I know he has many patients, but I don't feel like just another number to him every time I see him. I have complete trust in his judgement concerning my care. I couldn't have a better doctor in my corner.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Parikh was my Oncologist for a few months at the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the St. Rose Sienna Campus. Dr. Parikh was aloof and indifferent to my condition and told my son to begin making my funeral preparations as there really wasn't anything more to do for me. That will be 3 yrs in August. I had excellent Drs. in L.A. and went back each month until I found a competent, caring Dr. here in L.V. I have a very low opinion of Parikh as a Doctor and a human being.
Dr Parikh really helped me through out this entire cancer treatment. I became really sick, needing multiple surgeries because of melanoma. I am sure his expertise has enabled me to be here today. He is fantastic. The entire staff is effective and caring. I highly recommend Dr Parikh.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would recommend him because of his ability to listen and follow through. It is hard to find a Dr. who is not just trying to get to the next patient without really listening to what your problem is.
in Henderson |
He was patient and understanding, even though i was an emotional mess after being diagnosed. I Thank God for Dr. Parikh everyday because he put my cancer in remission. It's been over 2 years since my diagnosis and I am still cancer free.
in Las Vegas, NV |
very thoughtfull dr never in a hurry spends time
in Las Vegas, NV |
I have been blessed to have Dr. Parikh as my doctor. Unlike many in the LV area, he is the only doctor that I have found that really listens, who cares about his patients and has an amazingly comforting personality. His staff is the same. I am 8 years cancer free...Dr. Parikh monitors me every 6 months and my health in all ways has improved. When I found out that a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer I directed her to Dr. Parikh...he has been a lifesaver for her as well.
The best, most caring Doctor I've ever met. Very busy but makes you feel like you're the only patient he has.
in Henderson, NV |
I am his patient, I had breast cancer, DCIS, and had started out with my primary doctor. This doctor gave me a breast surgeon to call, I had called for a week with no call backs. My husband is also a patient, he told Dr. Parikh about what happened and told me to call him. I did, and the the process was pursued quickly. He gave me several breast surgeons to choose. He caught the cancer in the earliest stage before it spread to the lymph nodes. My follow up care has been excellant!
Have you seen Dr. Rupesh Parikh, MD?

Visit Dr. Parikh

Dr. Parikh accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • America's Health Choice
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) EPO