Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD

Gynecologic Surgery ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Baxi

Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD is a gynecologic surgery specialist in Greenbelt, MD and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Medical University of The Americas (Nevis) in 2008 and specializes in gynecologic surgery and gynecology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Baxi accepts

Dr. Baxi accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Capital Blue Cross
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Kaiser Permanente
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Baxi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Baxi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Baxi treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 57% of his peers

Dr. Baxi treats this condition more than 57% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• Adenomyosis
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Endometriosis
  • Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Female Infertility
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvectomy

Treat others the way you would want to be treated is the core philosophy at the heart of everything I do. When we go to a doctor, we do so because we are in need of care, and therefore, I like to ensure that my patients feel that they were cared for....

• Gynecologic Surgery

New York Medical College
2009
Jewish Hosp of Cincinnati
2008
Medical University of The Americas (Nevis)
2004
Medical University of The Americas (Nevis)
2014

Dr. Baxi?
Dr. Baxi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I was lucky to stumble on Dr Baxi in my time of need. I had second guessed my pain & problems for many years. I told myself I could power through anything. I let other GYN Drs discount my pain & suffering. I accepted the offers of birth control or whatever, but at 46 I quit my job & vowed to find a solution. I am two months post-op & I am not suffering any more. Moreover I am enjoying wearing white pants whenever I want. I haven't second guessed my decision to have my hysterectomy with Dr Baxi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi listens and cares. I spent years trying to figure out what was wrong with me seeing doctor after doctor that wouldn't listen because I was trying to get pregnant. His knowledge, skill and care has changed my life. He removed my stage 4 endometriosis and changed my life. I reviewed my surgery report with my fertility doctor and he said that I had top notch surgery by a skilled professional and he has seen many. Thank you, Dr. Baxi!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
I found Dr. Baxi after 10 years of going back and forth with other doctors who failed to find a diagnosis. They also failed to give me the appropriate tests to find out that i have endometriosis. Dr. Baxi's bedside manner is fantastic, the entire staff are very helpful and extremely nice. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is very thorough, patient and compassionate. After years of suffering with pain, he identified and explained why I was having the pain, and why a hysterectomy was a good choice for me. He left out no details and what to expect. Moreover, his last words to me prior to surgery were, "I promise, you will feel better". He is truly dedicated to making life better for women who suffer with feminine pain. There is no better doctor out there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is the greatest. I had been in pain for years, getting bounced around all of my doctors. I called CIGC and I got an appt, and he set me up for surgery to go in and see what was the cause. He said it was a MESS! He removed all of the scar tissue and found everything was in a ball surrounded by the tissue. He fixed everything. The most important words he said to me and my family is that I was legitimately in pain for that year and half, and I wasn't making it up. He changed my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is absolutely amazing! He's very smart and patient. He took the time to explain what was going on in my body and even drew me pictures to ensure I fully understood what he was explaining. When we talked about my options, he was very compassionate about my decision to have a hysterectomy which I felt was amazing. The day of my hysterectomy, the nurses were even telling me that he was the best of the best! I've had the best healthcare experience with Dr. Baxi!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is great. He is one of, if not the best physician I have ever seen. He truly cares about his patients and is always there to answer any questions or talk about any concerns you may have. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is extremely compassionate and always focused on providing holistic, quality care. He took great care of me over a two year span, doctors appointments and surgery. He was always sure to explain everything in-depth and answer any questions or concerns. I would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Dr. Baxi is fantastic. He has always treated me with overwhelming respect, listens to concerns, and actually remembers things about you even if he only sees you once or twice a year. I have never felt like an appointment was rushed, or that anything was overlooked. His attention to detail is excellent and he takes so much pride in what he does. I know I can always call if I ever have any health questions/concerns. Always goes above and beyond. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an OB/GYN.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Very professional. Puts patients at ease with wonderful bedside manner. Throughly explains tests,information, and procedures beforehand. Highly knowledgeable within scope of practice and beyond. Listens and answers all questions. Very pleased!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baxi?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Baxi treats patients.

Holy Cross Hospital