Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD

Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD

Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery  |
Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD is a CIGC-trained minimally invasive GYN specialist, performing innovative minimally invasive procedures for GYN conditions like fibroids and endometriosis. He received his fellowship training in minimally invasive GYN surgery at Mohawk Valley Health System, an American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) fellowship program. He completed an internship in General surgery at the Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati followed by residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and Health System where he was awarded the Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Surgery Award, sponsored by the AAGL. He also the recipient of the prestigious Arnold P. Gold Foundation "Teaching and Humanism in Medicine" Award. Rupen Baxi MD has also served as a member of the surgical case review committee while at the Mohawk Valley Health System. Dr. Baxi uses innovative surgical techniques such as LAAM for minimally invasive myomectomy and DualPortGYN for minimally invasive hysterectomy and resection of endometriosis. Women recover in less than 2 weeks after LAAM surgery and in 1 week after DualPortGYN procedures, with less complications and pain. In addition to proficiency in minimally invasive GYN surgical techniques, Dr. Rupen Baxi has been published multiple times in the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, and has presented scientific findings from multiple research studies at major national meetings. As an invited speaker, Dr. Baxi has also given several talks on such topics as Bloodless medicine and surgical techniques and Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Women travel from across the country and from around the world for CIGC's exclusive GYN procedures. You can learn about the CIGC travel program on our website. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rupen P. Baxi, call 888-SURGERY or contact us online.

3206 Tower Oaks Blvd Ste 200

Rockville, MD 20852

• Anthem
  • CoreSource
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Baxi

See how frequently Dr. Baxi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Uterine Fibroids
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Uterine Diseases

Dr. Baxi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Baxi "Dedicated to the innovation of unparalleled laparoscopic GYN techniques that change women's lives. Dr. Baxi's personalized approach to complex GYN conditions has patients back on their feet in days rather than weeks."

• Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery

• Ovarian Cystectomy
  • Prolapse Repair
  • Resection of Pelvic Adhesion
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Medical University Of The Americas (Nevis)
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Baxi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baxi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baxi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baxi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baxi to family and friends
Dr. Baxi's Performance
Lusby, MD |
I found Dr. Baxi after 10 years of going back and forth with other doctors who failed to find a diagnosis. They also failed to give me the appropriate tests to find out that i have endometriosis. Dr. Baxi's bedside manner is fantastic, the entire staff are very helpful and extremely nice. I highly recommend!
in Mt. Airy, MD |
Dr. Baxi is very thorough, patient and compassionate. After years of suffering with pain, he identified and explained why I was having the pain, and why a hysterectomy was a good choice for me. He left out no details and what to expect. Moreover, his last words to me prior to surgery were, "I promise, you will feel better". He is truly dedicated to making life better for women who suffer with feminine pain. There is no better doctor out there!
in beltsville, md |
Dr. Baxi is the greatest. I had been in pain for years, getting bounced around all of my doctors. I called CIGC and I got an appt, and he set me up for surgery to go in and see what was the cause. He said it was a MESS! He removed all of the scar tissue and found everything was in a ball surrounded by the tissue. He fixed everything. The most important words he said to me and my family is that I was legitimately in pain for that year and half, and I wasn't making it up. He changed my life!
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. Baxi is absolutely amazing! He's very smart and patient. He took the time to explain what was going on in my body and even drew me pictures to ensure I fully understood what he was explaining. When we talked about my options, he was very compassionate about my decision to have a hysterectomy which I felt was amazing. The day of my hysterectomy, the nurses were even telling me that he was the best of the best! I've had the best healthcare experience with Dr. Baxi!
in Rome, NY |
Dr. Baxi is great. He is one of, if not the best physician I have ever seen. He truly cares about his patients and is always there to answer any questions or talk about any concerns you may have. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Utica, NY |
Dr. Baxi is extremely compassionate and always focused on providing holistic, quality care. He took great care of me over a two year span, doctors appointments and surgery. He was always sure to explain everything in-depth and answer any questions or concerns. I would recommend him to anyone!
in New Hartford, NY |
Dr. Baxi is fantastic. He has always treated me with overwhelming respect, listens to concerns, and actually remembers things about you even if he only sees you once or twice a year. I have never felt like an appointment was rushed, or that anything was overlooked. His attention to detail is excellent and he takes so much pride in what he does. I know I can always call if I ever have any health questions/concerns. Always goes above and beyond. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an OB/GYN.
in New hartford,ny |
Very professional. Puts patients at ease with wonderful bedside manner. Throughly explains tests,information, and procedures beforehand. Highly knowledgeable within scope of practice and beyond. Listens and answers all questions. Very pleased!
Have you seen Dr. Rupen Baxi, MD?
Are you Dr. Baxi?