Dr. Ruel Stoessel, MD

Practices Maternal-Fetal Medicine

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3 after 69 reviews.
Author:
My OB sent me to Stoessel because I was high risk. The office is terribly run. Waited well over an hour for ever visit. They make you sign paperwork that you are responsible for paying the full cost of the visit if you are 15 minutes late and they will cancel your appointment, etc. but they have absolutely no courtesy for you. In all my visits, we never saw Stoessel, only the nurse practitioner. She told us everything was fine at my 20 week scan and we were told not to return for any more. My daughter was born with a severe birth defect and we had their scans and tech notes pulled after her birth. The notes had several abnormalities noted that should have been a red flag for us to come back for more tests! I was furious. Fortunately my daughter’s birth was not traumatic, but it could have been and we were completely unprepared. I tell people to run from this practice and often hear back other terrible stories about them.
Author:
The Dr. Stossel is a complete aragon condescending jerk, missing the most important characteristic that any medical professial should have which is compassion and empathy towards a mother that trully wants her child. The man is cold and careless towards how portrays the news to his patients can care less about feelings and regardless of the many years of practice he has it is part of any medical professionals job to use therapeutic communication and compassion when giving patients news. It seems almost like he is just there to milk the insurance and make his money. He needs to retire since he no longer exhibits the passion that a Dr. should have towards healing his patients and trully cares for the wellbeing of his patients and their pregnancy.
Author:
He told me to abort my child at 14 weeks based on the fact I had lupus with no other risk factors or me and baby would die. I delivered a healthy baby boy with obgyn specialist with no birthing complications at 32 weeks. Then had a second baby at 36 weeks with the same practice 3 years later. His bed side manner is terrible and he had been wrong about me and at least 4 of my friends personally. Stay away if you can.
Author:
Horrible, every time I come to the office I am here for at least 3 hours. The people are unprofessional and I’ve never met the doctor. They are all over the place and don’t seem to know what they are doing when it comes to what tests they are going to do. Doesn’t seem like a trustworthy place to have monitor a high risk pregnancy at all. Extremely disappointed
Author:
Had two amazing experiences 4.5 years apart. My 11 year wasnt suppose to make it and made sure she did. My 6 year old is here today as well because stoessel made sure I was taken care this time. I had diabetes, edema, pre eclampsia with him. He was also almost 10 lbs and breach. He was phenomenal with my care as well as they care of my babies.
Author:
Never met him once during my pregnancy. He made me drive to a hospital more than an hour from my home and then stopped by to tell me that someone else will be delivering me, while I was in labor! I had a bunch of ultrasounds, not sure why... Don't think he looked at any of them, because I always got a very vague answer from the nurse afterwards..
Author:
Unprofessional. I never once met with Dr. Stossel. I was told he had no idea what was on my ultrasound (turns out it was a small calcium deposit). Took me almost three weeks to get test results backs. I was told one day that my results were normal and everything was fine. Then was told the very next day that they were not normal. Only to have a follow up appointment where I’m told the baby looks perfectly healthy and there’s nothing abnormal going on and the calcium deposit was gone.
Author:
This doctor is NOT a board certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine. I would not trust my high-risk pregnancy to an OBGYN. Also, you only get to see this OBGYN maybe once during your pregnancy, the rest of the time he has nurses seeing you.
Author:
I find these negative reviews shocking. I was a patient 15 years ago and extremely high risk. I was managed well throughout my pregnancy. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks. Dr Stossel flew home early on Christmas Eve for me. We held off my labor for three days, Michael was able to breathe on his own because of the steroids given during those three days. He is healthy and turning 15 this Christmas. I was telling my son this story and that's how I came across this website.
Author:
Dr Ruel t. stoessel sent me to Bethesda Hospital East to do section.My husband wanted him sent me to St Mary Hospital but he refused. He and the hospital has a special relationship! The Bethesda Hospital East's NICU is very bad. My son 27 weeks premature birth did not be put in the warm box ,no emergency medicine to promote his lung breathing, tracheal intubation was failure. No enough oxygen cause my son cerebral hemorrhage, cerebral edema, cerebral palsy, had 2 times brain surgery in Miami!
Author:
I had a terrible experience with this practice. I was sent to a specialist due to my age when pregnant. In the times that I went to the office, I never met the Dr., I only saw one of the nurse practitioners who has terrible bed side manner. They claimed that my childs liver was "prominent" which according to all other Dr's they have never heard of. She took blood work and had my husband help hold the equipment. They also could not tell me what a prominent liver might mean.
Author:
Very caring physician and staff. Put me at ease during a very difficult pregnancy. So blessed to be referred to him.
Author:
I was told I was having a girl but surprisingly he was a boy! The ultrasound technicians did not seem well educated or trained. Once, measuring everything took over 30 min and she had to redo it since forgot to measure something. after first time they drew blood, I had a big bruise and a very bad pain in my arm. Although It was not high risk pregnancy, they made us go multiple times just to measure one more thing! I asked them to cover re-painting of nursery but manager was very rude. Terrible!!
Author:
The doctor is good professional, the midwife Garcia is a little rude
Author:
This doctor is EXTREMELY unprofessional. As well as the doctors he has put in place in Port Saint Lucie. They are unfriendly and almost kick you out of the office after delivering you some news you would rather not hear. Don't answer any questions. We got a second opinion and were told baby was perfectly healthy. This doctor is after insurance money only. When your insurance is going to cap out, your baby will be in perfect health all of a sudden. GUY IS GREEDY. Beware beware beware.
Author:
Horrible staff is rude midwife Garcia is also horrible it's only about money not the care of the patients they are liars
Author:
He's the best even when there's little are no hope he try his very best and the staff are very nice and helpful and very good at their job. God has placed him there for a purpose and for that I'm so grateful because am a happy grandmother of a beautiful baby girl
Author:
We have had many ups and downs with this pregnancy and have been seen by Dr. Stoessel and staff for months. The staff explains all test results very well and take the time to answer any questions we have. It is clear Dr. Stoessel's main objective is the health of our unborn baby. He has serious, matter of fact personality, but is a talented physician that I would recommend.
Author:
I have and will continue to recommend him to others. He is a wonderful specialist.
Author:
The worst doctors offices I've ever been to. I suffer from panick attacks daily ever since my dads death. Stoessel told me to go off my meds, which I did. My heart rate began to climb to around 120 at resting rate, then I started having seizures. I called their office numerous times about the situation. I talked to the midwife, Kendra, and she told me that she would look into what can be done. 3 weeks later still no call from her. They are very unprofessional. Looking for a new doctor at 30 wks.
Author:
He was prescribing medical intervention purely for the sake of medical intervention and I am convinced did so in order to charge insurance more. After my 22 week app when he wanted me to imm. go on bed rest which has been proven ineffective. I got a second and third opinion and discovered I was completely fine, and do not have a high risk pregnancy. I question his professionalism and knowledge on the most up to date care.
Author:
Dr. Stoessel and Holly are great! I was scared early on with a baby that had echogenic bowels & they handled my concerns and questions with thorough answers and compassion. My only problem with my whole experience was his nasty front desk tech Cindi. On more than two occasions she was beyond rude. Seriously contemplated not returning to this office but realized that I'd rather deal with her unprofessionalism, so that my baby had the best care.