Dr. Ruben Guzman, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Ruben Guzman, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Ruben Guzman, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Port Charlotte, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Guzman is affiliated with Fawcett Memorial Hospital and Bayfront Health Port Charlotte.

Dr. Guzman's Experience

See how Dr. Guzman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Guzman

Dr. Guzman accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Guzman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Guzman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guzman to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Guzman's Performance
    in Punta Gorda, FL |
    I recently returned as a patient to Dr. Guzman after seeing several doctors (up near my work in Sarasota) with no results and not following thru with treatment suggested. I went in for an appointment which I found out things were more serious than I knew. He had me go in for surgery next day which I was admitted for an even more serious issue which was due to the lack of care from previous Dr.'s. It's been little over 2 weeks and I feel a lot better I will continue to be a patient.
    in Venice,FL |
    With this being my Husband's and my first child at not the typical age Dr. Guzman made me and my Husband feel very comfortable and at ease without all the complicated Dr. Terminology. What a excellent job he did as well with performing a C-section. Several nurses complimented on how great my incision looks. Kudos too Dr. Guzman for a overall outstanding job.
    in Port Charlotte, FL |
    Dr. Guzman is extremely thorough and knowledgeable- he delivered my son 16 years ago by C-section without any complication. I moved away and came back and recently my new PCP referred me to another GYN who was horrible. Immediately insisted I have complete hysterectomy. I asked if Dr. Guzman was in network and he was! We met again for second opinion and with thorough exam and ultrasound he says NO I do NOT need a hysterectomy and that the first recommendation was ridiculous! He is best around!
    in Port Charlotte, FL |
    I have found Dr. Guzman to not only be professional he listens, explains and actually spends time talking with you, discussing your health. He takes what you have to say into consideration and helps YOU determine what is best for you. He educates me on what is the most current information and explains his position of his decisions. I have been his patient now for 2 years. I will continue to go to him for my GYN needs. Thank you Dr. Guzman for caring about your patients.
    in Port Charlotte , FL |
    I started seeing Dr. Guzman after having a miscarriage with another O.B. I was told by the other O.B.I would never have children. Dr. Guzman has worked with me to problem solve and figure out why I was not getting pregnant. After several issues fixed I am sitting here next to my newborn. I was able to have a natural childbirth with no issues and no pain. During my pregnancy Dr. Guzman was able to answer all my questions in a professional and delicate way. He also has a great bedside manner.
    in Port Charlotte FL |
    I have five children and I have a csection each time, due to a congenital heart problem. Dr Guzman was my Doctor for the last two children and he is by far the best surgeon I've ever had. He takes the time to make sure his patients have very minimal scaring. I only needed my pain medication for a couple days after the surgery. His bedside manor and standard of care is excellent. I am so grateful to this man and if I have another child in the future he will be the only one I call.
    in North Port, FL |
    He is a great doctor. Very friendly,caring,patient,understanding and professional. I recommend him to a lot of friends . I love the staff also
    in Englewood, FL |
    I love Dr. Guzman! And his staff! I just had my second child delivered by him via C Section and the first was a vaginal delivery. Both of them were handled with ease and comfort. He is professional and thorough. My husband and I are considering a third child and he will without a doubt be delivery that child, if that may be the case.
    in Englewood, FL |
    Dr. Guzman is an angel. During my delivery I had to have an emergency c-section due to my baby's cord coming out first and cutting the blood circulation to my baby. Dr. Guzman acted really fast and saved my baby. He was always courteous during my check ups and answered me and my husband'squestions. Staff was always friendly and his medical assistant always got back at me in a timely manner when I had questio. love this doctor. Words can't express how grateful we are to him. Thank you Dr. Guzman
    in Fl |
    Love him just have twins and he was amazing !!!!
    punta gorda |
    Dr. Guzman took me on mid pregnancy due to my original dr falling ill. He welcomed me with open arms and gave me the best labor and delivery experience, especially since it was my last child. I had anxiety going in and he reassured me everything was okay and I felt in great hands!
    He was very helpful and he is a great doctor!
    in North Fort Myers, FL |
    Dr. Guzman is a great doctor and surgeon. I would recommend him for any female problems, especially hormone therapy.
    Have you seen Dr. Ruben Guzman, MD?
    Are you Dr. Guzman?

Dr. Guzman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Guzman has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Guzman's Board Certifications

• Female Infertility
    • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
    • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
    • Mastodynia
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Preeclampsia
    • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause
    • Yeast Infections

U OF BUFFALO SUNY SCH OF MED & BIOMEDICAL SCI

Graduated in 1988

Maimonides Med Center

Dr. Guzman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guzman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• C-Section
    • Cholesterol Screening
    • Colpopexy
    • Colporrhaphy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Sympathectomy
    • Syphilis Screening
    • Thyroid Screening
    • Tubal Ligation
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC