Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Roya Karbakhsh, MD
Dr. Roya Karbakhsh, MD is an adult & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. She is 59 years old.

4845 E Thunderbird Rd Ste 1

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

• CompPsych
  • Health Net
  • Value Options

Learn about Dr. Karbakhsh

See how frequently Dr. Karbakhsh performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychiatric Evaluation
high
Psychiatric Diseases
Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Karbakhsh's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Adult Psychology
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology

Dr. Karbakhsh does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Isfahan University Of Medical Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Karbakhsh has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Karbakhsh has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Karbakhsh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karbakhsh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karbakhsh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karbakhsh to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Karbakhsh's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Roya is a AMAZING psychologist. She has completely changed my life. I highly recommend her to anyone suffering from OCD, Depression, and Anxiety. She really listens and truly wants the best for you. I love her dearly!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Roya is AMAZING! she truly has changed my life and got me out of my deep depression. She is so kind and intelligent I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone suffering with depression.
Phoenix, AZ |
I saw Dr. Karbakhsh on a recommendation from my regular doctor. I had no hope of her being able to help me since I was in such a bad state of depression. I went to see her anyway as I had nothing to lose. She was warm and compassionate and really felt confident that she could help me if I was just willing to try again. I began on a new regiment of medications that she prescribed. Within 5 days my constant crying was gone. Within 10 days my depression was gone. Not just better - gone.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I felt comfortable with Dr. Karbakhsh the first time I went to see her. It is difficult to share certain aspects of your life with another person, but she put me at ease right from the beginning. She has helped me manage my anxiety and depression and for that I am so grateful. I am able to work with less anxiety and I am happier in general. I highly recommend her.
Phoenix, AZ |
My experience with Dr Karbakhsh is truly great! She has been instrumental in the transformation I've experienced since working with her. All aspects of life keep getting better. Her calm and reassuring demeanor is very pleasant and makes visits at her office pleasurable. I would strongly recommend her for your personal needs.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Roya was very perceptive in isolating my mental health needs and had vast experience in treatinments. She began a successful medication program and suggested life changes and strategies to enhance their effectiveness. I have been with her for 18 months and highly recommend her as a psychiatric specialist. My world is back to normal.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am a 58 year old male and have had a panic, anxiety disorder for over 10 years, my doctor for many years retired last year and i was referred to Dr Karbakhsh, she prescribed me a new medication that the previous doctor did not, and because of that i am now sleeping more than 5 hours a night. I have found the doctor to be very helpful willing to listen and give me the proper amount of attention. I could not be happier to have found DR Karbakhsh.
in Peoria,AZ |
She's an excellent person and a doctor who cares about her patients wellbeing. Always positive and glad to see her patients. Every time I leave her office,I feel calm,relaxed and all my questions answered. Dr.Roya is definitely worth checking out.
Chandler, AZ |
Awefule, I went for therapy and only thing that I received was medication. I was depressed but she prescribed my some medication that made me even worst. After a year therapy she gave me nothing except more problems, I had to see another doctor to get rid of my medication side effects.even doesnt worth a star
Only cares about $. So Unprofessional and unorganized. Aside from many incidences, I want to point this out. My insurance would not fill my one month prescription, and requested that my doctor prescribed me three months worth of meds. After a week of nothing filled, I had to call back and remind her. An whole week later she still hadn't written the prescription, and I had to hear from my pharmacy that she refused to write it until I made another appointment. I am now forced to quit cold turkey.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Spent 40 minutes with me for an hour appointment, cancelled two appts in a row to attend conferences, difficult to reschedule due to low availability, and let medication lapse.
Scottsdale, AZ |
amazing Dr. and the staff was great to work with as well
Have you seen Dr. Roya Karbakhsh, MD?
Are you Dr. Karbakhsh?