Dr. Roy Schmidt, MD

Dr. Roy Schmidt, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Roy Schmidt, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Jackson, TN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Jackson - Madison County General Hospital and Tennova Healthcare - Regional Jackson.

15 Stonebridge Blvd

Jackson, TN 38305

(731) 660-2056

• Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Schmidt

See how frequently Dr. Schmidt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Schmidt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schmidt "The Pain Specialist Center staff and I work with your primary care practitioner to to enhance your well-being and quality of life. Although I am not opposed to narcotics for chronic pain, our emphasis is not narcotic based. We work to provide a peaceful, comfortable setting with a continuing commitment to offering best treatment options."

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Andrews University
  • Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Schmidt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schmidt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schmidt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schmidt to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Schmidt's Performance
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Schmidt has changed my life completely for the better. He helped me find back pain relief without surgery or pain pills and I am pain free 99% of the time. Before I had debilitating pain almost every day. He is wonderful to work with when you really want a solution, not just bandaids. He is a great doctor.
Jackson, TN |
I would like to say that my care here has been top notch. The doctors and nurses are very good at what they do. I would refer anyone I know and care about to them.
Jackson, TN |
New Life is one of the most professional medical clinics I have ever visited for any type of medical need. They treat you like a real person not a pay check. They go out of their way to see what is the best way to help you in a timely manner. I have been coming here for years and feel like I could tell the Doctor anything and he would go out of his way to help me. I really like the staff here and the building is always clean.
Jackson, TN |
BioTE Hormone Replacement has changed my life. I have an interest in many things again. The staff at New Life are wonderful and caring. I am so happy I found them in Jackson. As I had been traveling to Memphis or Nashville for hormone replacement therapy.
in Jackson, TN |
Dr. Schmidt has been a very caring and concerned Doctor with my husband who has central nervous pain syndrome.
Jackson, TN |
New Life Medical Group is a very good place for pain management.
in Jackson, TN |
Coming to see Dr. Schmidt has really changed my life. My lower back pain was almost unbearable. The treatments he has provided have made a complete difference. Dr. Schmidt is kind and caring. In addition, his staff also deeply care about the patient. God bless you all!
Jackson, TN |
Dr Schmidt has helped me for several years with spinal stenosis and sciatica. I do think he does extra things that add to the cost... but again he has helped me. The trial procedure that he does seems odd, but I did find out that what he planned to do was going to help. I assume if it did not, he would not proceed with that plan. His staff is mixed. Some are kind and caring, some appear not to care. Alex is very nice, but I don't understand his function exactly and was not on my insurance.
in Jaxkson Tn |
Dr Schmidt is only interested in money and not helping his patients. no face to face contact to explain what he is going to do to help your pain. FOR HEAVEN SAKE DO NOT ASK HIM A QUESTION OR YOU WILL SEE THE WORST OF HIM. Alex the NP is just wonderful and so is the staff. After 5 months of torture. I got worse and stop seeing him. Please find someone that cares about his patients.
in Jacks Creek, TN |
I came to my appt 15 min early, computers were down. When brought to the back, none of the staff were wearing name badges nor did they introduce themselves and tell me what was going to happen next. After I was positioned on the table to have a nerve block done, local anesthetic done, then steroid injection, it felt like lightening going down my leg, I was screaming and crying, he told me not to yell, 15 min later of torture, he walked off and offered no apologies, staff put me in a room alone
in Trenton Tennessee |
Nurse prepared my needed for the spinal injection so they could administer my sedative. She had complications finding my vein and still put it in and it wasn't in a vein. When I went back and they injected the sedative threw what was prepared it felt like it exploded where she tried pushing it in. I screamed and told them it wasn't in my vein and they ignored me and started the procedure. Needless to say I felt tortured and they wouldn't listen. I was in so much pain I had to go to the E.R!
Jackson, TN |
he does not discuss nothing with you after the first pain block he wants to tell you he has got to do a trial run for insurance thats a lie because i called my insurance co they said he was very wrong and there is no telling how many people he has used this way for profits i made them give me my money back is a liaR AND NOGOOD FOR THE MEDICINE PRACTICE111111111111111111111. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Martin, TN |
very friendly , took the the time to listen to me and go over options . felt like i knew the guy by the time we were done !
Have you seen Dr. Roy Schmidt, MD?
Are you Dr. Schmidt?