Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Roy Rubinfeld, MD
Dr. Roy Rubinfeld, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Rockville, MD. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Rubinfeld is affiliated with Medstar Georgetown University Hospital.

11200 Rockville Pike Ste 150

Rockville, MD 20852

Learn about Dr. Rubinfeld

Dr. Roy Rubinfeld was the first Washington area ophthalmologist to become involved in the care of laser vision correction patients in 1991. Dr. Rubinfeld and his staff of highly trained technicians, optometrists and Vision Correction Consultants at Re:Vision, provide concierge service with the highest quality medical care available. Dr. Rubinfeld specializes in laser vision correction procedures including, LASIK, Custom LASIK, PRK, as well treatments for Keratoconus, such as Crosslinking/ICLs.

Dr. Rubinfeld's Experience

Dr. Rubinfeld's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Presbyopia

• Epi-LASIK Eye Surgery
  • Eye Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Staten Island Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Rubinfeld has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Rubinfeld does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubinfeld and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rubinfeld's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubinfeld to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rubinfeld's Performance
Washington, DC |
I highly recommend Dr. Rubinfeld and his staff for LASIK. They were responsive from the beginning through the follow-up appointments and I was very grateful for such assurance and professional support.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Rubinfeld is a great doctor. He is also very personable and funny, he really puts you at ease. His staff is amazing and very attentive. I was nervous about my procedure but felt very comfortable with them. I am loving my vision now!
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Rubinfeld did a wonderful job of restoring my vision. Being neither far- nor nearsighted, I was probably legally blind without my glasses; I couldn't have lived on my own without them. He and his staff are all "good people" and really care about their patients. Dr. Rubinfeld made sure that I was a candidate and spelled out all of my options. They had the equipment that let me take the various options for a test drive of the option outcomes. Do it today and enjoy good vision for life!
in Hyattsville, MD |
A few months ago, I thought I was going to go blind due to my severe Keratoconus. I was referred to Dr. Rubinfeld to see if he could slow the progression. When I met with Dr. Rubinfeld, he told me that he could not only stop the progression, but make my vision better, which shocked and excited me.A month and a half after surgery, my vision is better than it has been in a long time. Best decision I have ever made
in Columbia, Maryland |
I waited for years to see positive development in the field of LASIK. My doctor told me it was finally time to proceed. I searched and saw so many discount clinics .but who wants your only pair of eyes placed in the hands of the lowest bidder? The more I checked, the more Dr. Rubinfeld's name came up in a positive way. I finally settled on him. I am very glad I did! Professional all the way with great results. His staff is tops as well.
Alexandria, VA |
I knew I was in good hands five seconds after meeting Dr. Rubinfeld and his team. Not only was everyone personable and kind, their attention was solely focused on making me comfortable and answering any questions I had about LASIK. Once I met Dr. Rubinfeld himself, I knew I had found my LASIK doctor. He is hilarious! He made me feel so comfortable and I felt as though I were meeting up with a good family friend, not discussing a medical procedure! Stephanie was able to fit me in the next day and
in Nokesville |
Already notice a difference after day 1 of 2 days of eye procedures. I'm excited for the future of my vision. I'll recommend Dr. Rubinfeld to anyone that needs their eyes treated.I'm returning today to get the cxl done, and can't wait! Thank you for such thorough and professional treatment.
in Washington, DC |
A great experience from the very first call through postop. Dr. Rubinfeld and his staff are professional, knowledgable, and highly skilled. I'm so happy I chose them for my procedure. I only wish I had done it sooner.
in Gainesville, VA |
Dr. Rubinfeld and his entire staff are terrific! They are very caring and expert at what they do. They take their time and explain everything in detail, which lets you know exactly what to expect. I highly recommend Dr. Rubinfeld!
in Arlington, VA |
Dr Rubinfeld and his staff performed cross-linking on my eyes to treat my progressive keratoconus condition. The diagnosis, advice, and treatment were done with expert explanations and care. Their professionalism is matched with a warm and friendly manner. They also take the time to do their jobs exceptionally well and make the patient comfortable. I recommend this provider without reservation.
in Pittsburgh, Pa |
Dr. Rubinfeld tried a new technology at the time on me called corneal cross linking in order to try and help stabilize the corneas from changing any further. Not only did Dr. Rubinfeld treat me to stabilize the corneas, afterwords he helped me find a specialist in Canada in order to help correct the irregularity and hyperopia using topo-guided PRK. Years later Dr. Rubinfeld is still providing me with answers and support. He is a very kind and caring person who provided quality care and support
Have you seen Dr. Roy Rubinfeld, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubinfeld?