Dr. Roy Prashad, DO

Dr. Roy Prashad, DO

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Roy Prashad, DO is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Riverhead, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Prashad is affiliated with Eastern Long Island Hospital and Peconic Bay Medical Center.

54 Commerce Ave Ste 4

Riverhead, NY 11901

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthFirst
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Prashad

See how frequently Dr. Prashad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Prashad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Prashad "At East End Rheumatology, we pride ourselves on excellent patient care. Every patient receives all the time and attention they need at their visit. I do not believe in rushing patients out of the office because their '15 minutes are up', despite the delay it may sometimes create in the schedule. I believe it is a testimony to the comprehensive, compassionate care they receive in this practice that patients travel long distances, even coming from other states and other countries, to see me. "

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Classic Polyarteritis Nodosa
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

• Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Adelphi University
  • New York Medical College
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • St Barnabas Hospital-Rotating Osteopathic Internship
    Other Education | Completed 1994

Dr. Prashad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Prashad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Prashad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Prashad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Prashad to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Prashad Says:

I have recently asked bonafide patients to post their opinions and they voluntarily chose to publish their names to add credibility to their comments.  I am grateful for their loyality and esteem.  Unfortunately, I did this in response to some recent negative remarks which I suspected correctly were being posted by a disgruntled employee.  These online sites do not properly...

Dr. Prashad's Performance
New York |
Nightmare experience! Waited over 2months to be seen by this so called Dr. Confirmed they accepted my insurance upon appt scheduling & when I arrived at my appt, office re-confirmed they accepted my insurance. 1hr wait time. Weeks later my insurance rejected the claim b/c the office was wrong & they did not accept my insurance after all. Dr sent me pregnant for a pelvic xray without doing a pregnancy test & exposed baby to radiation. Dr also refused to call me w/bloodwork results. Terrible staff
in Calverton ny |
Dr. PRASHAD LISTENS TO ALL OF MY CONCERNS AND ADDRESSES ALL OF MY ISSUES.
Southampton, NY |
I think Dr. Prashad is a great rheumatology Dr. He's caring and helps his patients. He understands how you feel. I would recommend Dr. Prashad to anyone.
in Westhampton, NY |
I went through many Rhuematologists not only on the East End but also in Stony Brook I can't tell you how happy I was to find Dr. Prashad. He is an excellent diagnostician, he actually listens he doesn't presume and takes the time out to explain everything, no question is too small for him. His office staff has always been extremely friendly. On the rare occasions that I have had to wait for my appointment I remind myself that he is taking time to answer another patients question.
in Southold, ny |
Dr. Prashad knows his field of practice very well. He is polite, professional, and very patient. It is a joy to work with him to control my severe R.A. I went to him on 2 canes and now I can walk unassisted. He takes the time to navigate through the various set backs with meds and always has my safety and well being in mind. You will have to wait a while if your appointment is late in the day because he will not rush patients out the door every 10 minutes like some doctors do.
in Southold, NY |
Do not recommend. Last week I had an appointment, as a new patient, and arrived on time and waited for over one hour and had to leave without getting even seeing the Doctor. The office is obviously very disorganized. Also the staff were so overworked that they did not even tell me that I would have to wait an extra long time. Plus they never even called me to try and reschedule. If an office cannot schedule patients properly I do not want them in charge of my health.
in East Hampton, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr Prashad's for 7 years and consider him to be my primary care physician. I've never had an unpleasant experience and highly recommend him to anyone seeking a knowledgeable and compassionate Rheumatologist. He and his staff make it a point to get to know you on a personal level and that means a lot when you are going through medical ailments that change your life. Going to him was the best decision I have ever made.
in Sound Beach, NY |
I came to Dr Prashad after years of searching for answers as to why I had so much pain. He was the first practitioner to really listen to my symptoms. I felt very grateful to finally have answers. Dr Prashad takes his time with you. If you have an emergency, he and is staff will do their best to see you right away. He explains all medications and how they work. I highly recommend Dr Prashad to anyone who is looking for a good Rheumatologist.
in Center Moriches |
Dr Prashad was so thorough! I have high hopes that he will help me. Thank you Dr. Prashad!
Mattituck, NY |
I have been going to Dr. PRASHAD for a couple of years now and find him to be very informative and very easy to talk to. Never rushes you and works with you.....Joan
in Shirley, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Prashad for 2 years. He is kind, caring and very knowledgeable. He spends a lot of time listening to what I have to say and is very thorough in finding ways to help control my osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. He is helping me manage the pain and control further damage. His staff is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Prashad!
in Riverhead, NY |
Dr. Prashad has been my doctor for 6 years. He is a caring professional who takes time to answer all my questions and concerns. I highly recommend him!
in Dijornio |
This is a great office very clean as well as professional and friendly staff .Also the Doctor is great and very thorough.I had to wait 1hour in the waiting room then 30 min locked in another room with no apologies or explanation seems like I was cattle.On my second visit sat waiting while it seems a line of representative from drug companies were trickling in to banter with the doctor in full view.No value here for time or protocol great doctor and staff but bad habits.
East End, Long Island NY |
I am a new patient to Dr. Prashad, and in the few visits I've had with him I can tell he's really listening when I describe my symptoms. He is helping me figure out what my particular situation is rather than treating me in the same way as every other patient who comes in.
in Riverhead, NY |
When I was diagnosed with OA my son, whose field is Rheumatology, sent me to Dr. Prashad. Thank goodness for my son’s background. I am now getting the best care. Doctor and his staff are concerned with the whole person not just their joints. I never feel as though they are rushing me through to catch up, the appointments must be spaced to allow for the unexpected questions. The office is up to date and always spotless, the appearance of a waiting room gives you a good idea what to expect on
in East Rockaway, NY 11518 |
Dr. Prashad is a courteous and knowledgeable doctor and I would highly recommend him to others.
Riverhead, NY |
Dr prashad and his staff are exceptional and they make you feel loved. At east end Rheumatology Everyone is very helpful and their work ethics are very professional. His staff is the best I've ever seen. They are amazing
in Manorville, NY |
Dr.Prashad is a wonderful,caring Dr. I have been his patient for 8 years and he as always given his full attention and his sincere concern. I have needed his immediate attention several times and he has extended his schedule just to get me in to see him. Dr.Prashads staff is curtious and responds in a timely manner. I highly recommend Dr. Prashad to all of my family and friends. I am very grateful to be under his care.
in Manorville |
Dr. Prashad's facility is a welcoming environment. It is clean, the front office staff is friendly and helpful. I always receive a confirmation call prior to my appointment. The condition Dr. Prashad treats me for, required contacting his after hours service, which has been amazing when I was needing assistance after office hours, or on the weekend! A prompt return phone call with proper instruction when it was most needed! I would highly recommend!
in Miller Place, NY |
Dr. Prashad has been wonderful for me and my RA. I am a younger patient and he found which condition I had quickly and put me on an active regiment that worked for me and my RA. My RA is very manageable and I am on the least medicine I can be on with little damage to my joints. I owe it all to him! The staff is prompt and fantastic with getting new RX, renewals, and referrals in order and work with my insurance company. The phlebotomist is awesome for my hard veins and she gets it every time!
in MATTITUCK, NY |
I'VE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. PRASHAD'S FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AND HIS CARING STAFF. I NEVER FEEL RUSHED AND ALL OF MY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED IN TERMS THAT I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I RECEIVE A HIGH QUALITY OF CARE AND I FEEL GREAT.
Sag Harbor, NY |
Dr Prashad is a caring physician who spends time with my wife to find ways to ease her pain and give her more movement. He is not "set in his ways" like so many other specialists but understands that each person is unique
in Wading River, NY |
Dr. Prashad is a phenomenal doctor. It took time to get the right treatment. This was due to my own fault. I was in denial of my diagnosis. Once I accepted it, I'm on track with my treatment. If it had not been for Dr. Prashad's patience and compassion, I may have given up. His new office staff is fantastic. They're friendly, knowledgeable about their job and no more long waits to see the doctor.
in Shoreham, NY |
Dr. Prashad and the team at East End Rheumatology are among my greatest blessings. I have been a patient for a few years now and have always been beyond impressed with the level of care and experience I receive each and every visit. I would classify my health issues as complicated at best, but I have so much confidence in the expertise of Dr. Prashad not only in the field of rheumatology but general medicine, I never have to worry! The entire staff is very pleasant and professional!
in Sound Beach NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Prashads for several years. I have never had such a caring Dr who really listens to you, he takes whatever time is needed and never rushes you, I have called his office with an issue and he saw me in a hour. I have recommended Dr Prashad several times and everyone has been satisfied with his care.
Greenport, NY |
I have been a patient for more than ten years and am quite satisfied with the Doctor and hs staff
in Ridge, NY |
Dr. Prashad and his staff are true professionals. He is a caring man and diagnosed me fairly quickly. He spends time with you and really listens. When I needed to see him without an appointment the staff made arrangements to get me in ASAP. I also like the fact that blood work is done in his office. I would recommend him to anyone.
Calverton, NY |
I have been a patient for years, and while I like Dr. Prashad, I can no longer deal with the incompetence of the office staff. I've been a patient so long that this is the third group of employees I've seen, and trust me when I tell they continually get worse. I have waited months for paperwork, have never received a return phone call from the many many times I was told I would. Refills take forever. I have gone without medicine for months because the staff was unable to properly fill out papers
in Cutchogue, NY |
Dr Prashad is a warm, caring professional, willing to take the time needed to give you the best care he can. I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Roy Prashad, DO?
Are you Dr. Prashad?