Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD

General Surgery | Male

Massachusetts General Hospital 15 Parkman St # 460, Boston, MA 02114 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Each patient is an individual who deserves the best possible care.Read more

Dr. Phitayakorn's Experience

84Experience
Match

See how Dr. Phitayakorn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Phitayakorn

Dr. Phitayakorn accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Phitayakorn has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Phitayakorn's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phitayakorn to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Phitayakorn
Dr. Phitayakorn's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (137)
in Stoneham, MA |
I was very anxious going in having to remove a lipoma on my lower back. Dr. Phitayakorn asked me what type of music that a liked and he put it on. He made me very comfortable and at ease during my procedure. He walked me through all of the steps he was doing during it. I couldn't have been more pleased. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Boston, MA |
Amazing doctor! Made me feel very comfortable and took his time during the procedure. He even followed up with me personally after hours to give me the results. He went above and beyond!
in Cape Cod, MA |
He is an absolutely spectacular surgeon--and a caring physician as well. Hard to find both qualities; he's exceptional.
in Belmont, MA |
For a surgeon, he was very accessible and responsive. His diagnosis was correct and my treatmentwas easily schedules.
Boston, MA |
Two of my colleagues used and recommended Dr. Phitayakorn. My experience, like theirs, was excellent. He is extremely competent. He is also very much a gentleman, both with patients and family. Very accessible. Couldn't have been more pleased.
in Acton, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is outstanding in all areas. I can't say enough about my experience with him. He removed my thyroid which was 5 times the size of a normal thyroid. The surgery was seamless and he spent more time with me before an after the procedure than I expected. His bedside manner was the best I have experienced.
in Scituate ma |
He was extremely professional and informative. He has a calming effect on an anxious patient!
in Dedham, MA |
Told me what he was doing it and why. Discussed problems during and after procedure, and issues for later care. Excellent!
Boston, MA |
He did a lymph node biopsy. Everything was perfect. Not only will I definitely use him again but I highly recommend to everyone else.
Somerville, MA |
Best doctor ever!
in Stoughton, MA |
I came to see Dr. Phitayakorn for a small lump in my abdomen. He did an ultrasound right then and there, told me it was nothing to be concerned about, but he could remove it today, if it bothered me. He was so calming I decided to have it done then because it did bother me. He turned on my favorite kind of music and within 15 minutes or so, we were done. A few days later, he called me at home - in the evening - to tell my my pathology report was negative - no cancer!
in Peabody ma 01960 |
He is the Best Doctor that I've ever seen makes you feel comfortable if you want to listen to music he puts it on for you thank you Doctor Phitayakorn you are the best. Never seen a doctor that makes a patient feel comfortable. I had to cysts that where driving me crazy. Since Dr.Phitayakorn have them removed they never came back.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn recently repaired my umbilical hernia and the entire procedure went flawlessly. I typically have issues with anesthesia and he made sure that I had quality pre-op time to completely discuss my concerns with the anesthesiologist and nursing team, which resulted in my experiencing no side effects before, during, or after, my surgery. He is also extremely personable and he has the ability to carefully and clearly explain exactly what he is doing, and why. I worked in healthcare for
in Somerville, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is an exceptional doctor and human being. He genuinely treats his patients like they are family. The day of my thyroid removal, he came to see me pre op, post op, a few hours later and the following morning. He also went to talk to my husband to let him know how the operation went. He followed up with a phone call a week later. If you call him, he responds, even on a weekend night. The surgery went very well and I always felt I was in good hands.
Boston, MA |
I was hesitant to have a surgery at the beginning before I met with Dr Phitayakorn, but after the first visit I realized that I can rely on him because of his great care to his patients, great knowledge and skills. I really consider myself lucky to have him as my surgeon.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn was beyond excellent. He removed a cyst located in my arm pit with care, precision and speed. He was a complete professional from start to finish. His calm demeanor and ability to explain the procedure in detail made the whole process enlightening and enjoyable. He answered all my questions and was very helpful with post-operative care for the wound. He called about a week or so after surgery to let me know the results of the tests on the cyst, answered any and all questions and
Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn recently removed a cyst and I could not be happier. He explained the whole procedure in great detail and allowed me to make my own decisions (including the music). If I ever need another cyst removed, he is the first surgeon I will go see.
Rowley, MA |
Explained the procedure clearly and kept me informed as he progressed. It was obvious he was experienced and competent, and he was very focused on keeping me comfortable and at ease.
in Westwood, MA |
I have thyroid cancer. Dr. Phitayakorn was the best thing that could have happened to me in what was otherwise a very confusing, scary and complicated situation. He was reassuring and almost literally held my hand the whole way through. From the fine needle aspirations to the surgery to remove my thyroid and the nodule he had my complete trust and I found afterwards that it was not misplaced. He is a very highly skilled surgeon as well. My surgery was somewhat complicated and I would not have tr
Have you seen Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD?
Are you Dr. Phitayakorn?

• Thyroid Surgery
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

Completed in 2011

Allegheny College

Graduated in 1998

• Other Education
    University of Illinois at Chicago Masters in Health Professions Education (MHPE)

Completed in 2006

Dr. Phitayakorn has no awards or honors listed.

• Thyroid Disease (Biographies of Disease), 11/8/2010
    • Hyperparathyroid Crisis, June 2008
    • Laparoscopic and Selective Open Resection for Adrenal and Extraadrenal Neuroendocrine Tumors., Jan 2008
    • An Investigation of Epidemiological Factors Associated with Large Nodular Goiter., 6/1/2006
    • Parathyroidectomy: Overview of the Anatomical Basis and Surgical Strategies for Parathyroid Operations., June 2007
    • Incidence and Location of Abnormal Ectopic Parathyroid Glands., Mar 2006
    • Difficult Problems in Thyroid Cancer Surgery., Feb 2010
    • Follow-up after Surgery for Benign Nodular Thyroid Disease: Evidence-Based Approach., July 2008
    • Jaw Tumor: An Uncommon Manifestation of Primary Hyperparathyroidism., Fall 2010
    • Incidental Thyroid Carcinoma in Patients with Graves' Disease., Mar 2008
    • What Constitutes Adequate Surgical Therapy for Benign Nodular Thyroid Disease?, 6/1/2009
    • Follicular Thyroid Adenoma and Carcinoma., In Press

Dr. Phitayakorn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phitayakorn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Phitayakorn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Phitayakorn

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Phitayakorn's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Phitayakorn

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Phitayakorn's Care Philosophy

Each patient is an individual who deserves the best possible care.