Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD

Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Boston, MA. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Phitayakorn is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital.

Dr. Phitayakorn's Care Philosophy

Each patient is an individual who deserves the best possible care.

Dr. Phitayakorn's Experience

See how Dr. Phitayakorn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Phitayakorn

Dr. Phitayakorn accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Phitayakorn is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Phitayakorn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Phitayakorn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Phitayakorn to family and friends
Dr. Phitayakorn's Performance
in Melrose, MA |
I cannot say enough great things about this Dr.! He is not only a great surgeon, but his ease of explaining the procedure to a layman like myself is nothing short of amazing. Also, his bedside manner is pleasant, caring, and to the point! This man should teach other Drs. how to communicate with their patients! He's also a great guy with a sharp, but kind sense of humor!
in Medford, MA |
Doctor Phitayakron is a very nice gentleman, and an ever better Doctor. Friendly, comforting, informative. I had a large lipoma removed from my back, it was a very large mass. He assured me it could be removed easily, and it was. No more discomfort, never any pain after the surgery. He was recommended by my personal Physician as the " bumps and lumps specialist" he is much more than that. I think he is great.
in Amherst, MA |
I had an amazing first experice with a new diagnosis that was a bit unnerving. But, Dr.Phitayakorn did a temporal artery biopsy when there was little professional assistance, on an unplanned day, in a manner that made it all comfortable and soothing. He is bright, skilled and caring. I was all most sorry that our very brief time together had to end.
in Everett, MA |
Dr. Painstaking was excellent in caring for me. He explained the procedures being done , the recovery process and made himself readily available. I would recommend him wholeheartedly. If ever I am in need of his expertise, I would not hesitate in consulting him.
in Andover, MA |
(1/1)Dr. Phitayakorn is truly an exemplary doctor. He is caring and compassionate. He was more than willing to spend his time to assuage my worries and concerns about the operation. He never seemed bothered by my many questions even when I called him outside business hours. Dr. Phitayakorn is open and communicative. He went out of his way to explain the steps and intricacies of the operation, including the use of surgical clips instead of sutures that no other doctors mentioned to me.
Somerville, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn was very good at explaining my options and was gracious enough to call me to discuss outside of his office hours. Very personable. Because a time slot opened up I elected to have the surgery done by Dr. Charles Rickert under Dr. Phitayakorn's supervision and liked both Dr. Rickert and his work. This accounted for my wait of 45 minutes.
Cambridge, MA |
This doctor is a class act start to finish. He's very professional, explains everything and does a great job. I send people to him all the time
Acton, MA |
Top Notch Doctor !
in Boston, MA |
Would absolutely recommend him. Smart, knowledgeable very nice guy. A real expert with a terrific manner.
Westford, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is a competent, knowledgeable, and skilled surgeon. He is also personable, professional, and supportive. He makes himself available for questions, and he follows up as well. He genuinely wants to provide the best care to and the best outcomes for patients.
in Peabody, MA |
He is the best.
in Somerville, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is on top of his game: he is sharp, knowledgeable and caring. He takes time to explain the problems and the procedures; he uses his time efficiently and cuts through red tape as much as is possible in a major hospital. I came in with my wife for her problem and got minor surgery for a problem of mine! It's like a wonderful family physician's office.
in Jamestown, RI |
Top notch surgeon who truly cares about his patients. Unfortunately I have had 6 surgeries on my neck. Of all the great surgeons I have been exposed to, Dr. Phitayakorn is the best.
Boston, MA |
I highly recommend Dr. Phitayakorn as he explained the procedure in detail and made sure that I understood. I found him to be very kind and easy to communicate with.
Boston, MA |
This doctor took the time to explain exactly what the course of action would be, how it would be done and who would do it. He was matter of fact and left me with a feeling of total confidence with the procedure.
in Waltham, MA |
He is THE BEST! He gives you ??% attention of his time. He treats each and every single patient as A SUPER SPECIAL PERSON. HE IS AWESOME!
in Revere, MA |
I would recommend this doctor based on his availability by cell phone to help with any problems associated with your treatment. He is extremely professional and caring.
in Cambridge, MA |
Professional, good experience from the initial meeting to the surgery and after-care, had a follow-up call with me to check-in and share results.
in Stoneham, MA |
I was very anxious going in having to remove a lipoma on my lower back. Dr. Phitayakorn asked me what type of music that a liked and he put it on. He made me very comfortable and at ease during my procedure. He walked me through all of the steps he was doing during it. I couldn't have been more pleased. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Boston, MA |
Amazing doctor! Made me feel very comfortable and took his time during the procedure. He even followed up with me personally after hours to give me the results. He went above and beyond!
in Cape Cod, MA |
He is an absolutely spectacular surgeon--and a caring physician as well. Hard to find both qualities; he's exceptional.
in Belmont, MA |
For a surgeon, he was very accessible and responsive. His diagnosis was correct and my treatmentwas easily schedules.
Boston, MA |
Two of my colleagues used and recommended Dr. Phitayakorn. My experience, like theirs, was excellent. He is extremely competent. He is also very much a gentleman, both with patients and family. Very accessible. Couldn't have been more pleased.
in Acton, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is outstanding in all areas. I can't say enough about my experience with him. He removed my thyroid which was 5 times the size of a normal thyroid. The surgery was seamless and he spent more time with me before an after the procedure than I expected. His bedside manner was the best I have experienced.
in Scituate ma |
He was extremely professional and informative. He has a calming effect on an anxious patient!
in Dedham, MA |
Told me what he was doing it and why. Discussed problems during and after procedure, and issues for later care. Excellent!
Boston, MA |
He did a lymph node biopsy. Everything was perfect. Not only will I definitely use him again but I highly recommend to everyone else.
Somerville, MA |
Best doctor ever!
in Stoughton, MA |
I came to see Dr. Phitayakorn for a small lump in my abdomen. He did an ultrasound right then and there, told me it was nothing to be concerned about, but he could remove it today, if it bothered me. He was so calming I decided to have it done then because it did bother me. He turned on my favorite kind of music and within 15 minutes or so, we were done. A few days later, he called me at home - in the evening - to tell my my pathology report was negative - no cancer!
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn recently repaired my umbilical hernia and the entire procedure went flawlessly. I typically have issues with anesthesia and he made sure that I had quality pre-op time to completely discuss my concerns with the anesthesiologist and nursing team, which resulted in my experiencing no side effects before, during, or after, my surgery. He is also extremely personable and he has the ability to carefully and clearly explain exactly what he is doing, and why. I worked in healthcare for
in Somerville, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn is an exceptional doctor and human being. He genuinely treats his patients like they are family. The day of my thyroid removal, he came to see me pre op, post op, a few hours later and the following morning. He also went to talk to my husband to let him know how the operation went. He followed up with a phone call a week later. If you call him, he responds, even on a weekend night. The surgery went very well and I always felt I was in good hands.
Boston, MA |
I was hesitant to have a surgery at the beginning before I met with Dr Phitayakorn, but after the first visit I realized that I can rely on him because of his great care to his patients, great knowledge and skills. I really consider myself lucky to have him as my surgeon.
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn was beyond excellent. He removed a cyst located in my arm pit with care, precision and speed. He was a complete professional from start to finish. His calm demeanor and ability to explain the procedure in detail made the whole process enlightening and enjoyable. He answered all my questions and was very helpful with post-operative care for the wound. He called about a week or so after surgery to let me know the results of the tests on the cyst, answered any and all questions and
Boston, MA |
Dr. Phitayakorn recently removed a cyst and I could not be happier. He explained the whole procedure in great detail and allowed me to make my own decisions (including the music). If I ever need another cyst removed, he is the first surgeon I will go see.
Rowley, MA |
Explained the procedure clearly and kept me informed as he progressed. It was obvious he was experienced and competent, and he was very focused on keeping me comfortable and at ease.
in Westwood, MA |
I have thyroid cancer. Dr. Phitayakorn was the best thing that could have happened to me in what was otherwise a very confusing, scary and complicated situation. He was reassuring and almost literally held my hand the whole way through. From the fine needle aspirations to the surgery to remove my thyroid and the nodule he had my complete trust and I found afterwards that it was not misplaced. He is a very highly skilled surgeon as well. My surgery was somewhat complicated and I would not have tr
Have you seen Dr. Roy Phitayakorn, MD?
Are you Dr. Phitayakorn?

Compare Dr. Phitayakorn

Dr. Phitayakorn's Care Philosophy

Each patient is an individual who deserves the best possible care.

Dr. Phitayakorn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

• Recipient of the 2002 Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey Humanism in Medicine Student Award, May 2002
    • Recipient of the 2002 Sheehan/Cheke Memorial Prize for Exemplifying the Patient-Physician Relationship, May 2002
    • Recipient of the 2005-2006 Association for Surgical Education and American College of Surgeons’ Surgical Education Research Fellowship (SERF), April 2006
    • Recipient of the 1998 “Dean’s Award for Leadership” for Working to Strengthen the Allegheny Community., May 1998
    • Best 2007 UIC MHPE Thesis Award, June 2008
    • Thyroid Disease (Biographies of Disease), 11/8/2010
    • Hyperparathyroid Crisis, June 2008
    • Laparoscopic and Selective Open Resection for Adrenal and Extraadrenal Neuroendocrine Tumors., Jan 2008
    • An Investigation of Epidemiological Factors Associated with Large Nodular Goiter., 6/1/2006
    • Parathyroidectomy: Overview of the Anatomical Basis and Surgical Strategies for Parathyroid Operations., June 2007
    • Incidence and Location of Abnormal Ectopic Parathyroid Glands., Mar 2006
    • Difficult Problems in Thyroid Cancer Surgery., Feb 2010
    • Follow-up after Surgery for Benign Nodular Thyroid Disease: Evidence-Based Approach., July 2008
    • Jaw Tumor: An Uncommon Manifestation of Primary Hyperparathyroidism., Fall 2010
    • Incidental Thyroid Carcinoma in Patients with Graves' Disease., Mar 2008
    • What Constitutes Adequate Surgical Therapy for Benign Nodular Thyroid Disease?, 6/1/2009
    • Follicular Thyroid Adenoma and Carcinoma., In Press

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Phitayakorn's Board Certifications

Completed in 2011

Allegheny College

Graduated in 1998

• Other Education
    University Of Illinois At Chicago Masters In Health Professions Education (Mhpe)

Completed in 2006

Dr. Phitayakorn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Phitayakorn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery