Dr. Roy Habib, MD

Dr. Roy Habib, MD

Internal Medicine  ·

Dr. Roy Habib, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Salem, VA and has been practicing for 22 years. He specializes in internal medicine and hematology & oncology.Read his story

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Habib treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Habib's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Leukemia
  • Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
  • All Lymphoma
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Aortic Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Infections
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Purpura
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Thalassemia
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Thrombosis
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • von Willebrand Disease

I treat everyone as if they were my own family.

• Hematology & Oncology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Habib

Dr. Habib?
Dr. Habib's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Roy Habib, MD
I am a registered nurse and have worked with a number of great physicians during my 40 plus year career. However, the very best physician is Dr. Roy Habib. Dr. Habib gives every patient his time, attention, and vast knowledge and is extremely kind and patient. Dr. Habib is my personal physician and who I recommend when I'm asked about a physician referral. Dr. Habib is not good he is great. You won't find a more knowledgeable physician. Don't hesitate - make an appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr Habib recently started taking care of my parents who are in their 80's. He has been a blessing to our family. He personally calls to give them reports from tests. They are both thrilled with his care. There previous Internist below average and so was the office staff. Habib's staff has also been incredible, from the first contact to make their first appointment they have been nothing but friendly and efficient. Thanks to you all!! M. Waddell
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr Habib is a very caring person and Dr. He takes time to listen. I feel very fortunate that he practices at Lewis Gale Clinic. Whenever I call some one from his staff always return the call in a timely manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
I called this morning to conform my appointment that I had made 3 months ago online and found out that there was no record of my appointment... Now I have to wait 3 more months again to see Dr Habib... I hope my comment will bring a change in the system and help others from having a similar experience. Thank you, Christel R Phillips
Our practice truly values this feedback, and we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib has treated my Mom and my sister and I with kindness, respect and empathy. He takes the time to explain medical issues, medications, potential problems. He has been on top of my Mom's changing medical issues. I would give him 10 stars if I could.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Love Dr Habib. He is kind and considerate. I'm very comfortable with him. I had a CT scan at 1:30 he called me by phone at 5:30 with results and recommendations. Didn't know doctors made phone calls to patients anymore. I highly recommend him. I have told several friends and family about him. Yes I would recommend him! If you need a new PCP call for a new patient appointment. Jolene Sforza
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib is the type of doctor one only seems to see on TV. How often do you find a doctor that actually follows through on his orders, calls you personally with your results and always has the time to answer your questions. I hit pay dirt when I was accepted into his practice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
I tell everyone I know who is looking for a doctor about Dr. Habib. I found him to be one of the most competent, compassionate and caring doctors I have had the pleasure (or misfortune, depending on what side of the hospital bed you are on) of providing care for my loved one and I. I trust him and his expertise, to oversee my health care, to communicate what our plan of care is. I am very pleased with my decision to choose him. I’m a Registered Nurse and I would recommended him. And I do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
He really listens. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib is everything you want and need in a medical doctor smart, patient, explains everything, You feel very informed and satisfied when you leave his office. # 1
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
I would recommend Dr Habib to anyone! He is courteous and listens to you! He knows what he is doing and he personally calls and gives you results on any and all test that you have had done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Would gladly recommend Dr Habib to any of our family & friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
I found Dr. Habib to be very personable and knowledgeable. I had a bone density test six months ago and was never provided the diagnosis from my former physician and the results were not in the system. Dr. Habib contacted the provider and personally called me at 7:30 PM to give me the information. I would highly recommend Dr. Habib to family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
This is as my first visit to get established! He took his time with me, he went over my records and my meds! I was very impressed! He told me if I ever needed him to call and if I was ever in the hospital again he would be there for me! That is wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib is both helpful and knowledgeable . He puts his patients at ease and I was very impressed by receiving not one but two phone calls from him directly, to answer my concerns and questions.. He does not rush you through your appointment and listens to what you have to say. His staff is very friendly , courteous., and accommodating in faxing required forms to my employer. Pandora A. Lewis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib is truly a Top Doc. His care is outstanding. If you have a lab test or radiology test he calls you personally to go over the results and answer your questions. They don’t come any better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
My recent visit to see Dr. Roy Habib was very positive. The staff and nurses were helpful, knowledgable, and attentive. Dr. Habib was thorough with the exam and open to my desired approach regarding how best to deal with any health concerns that might arise, He was open, friendly, easy to talk to and he did not rush the exam. He answered questions with candor in terms easily understood without being condescending. He was prompt at getting test results to me and he made the call himself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Dr. Roy Habib is a wonderful doctor he and his staff listen to you they treat you with the most respect I recommend Dr.Habib to many friends and relatives. More doctors should be like him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
Very nice doctor, and addressed all my health needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roy Habib, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Habib by a friend who valued his advice and care. I was not disappointed. The office staff was extremely courteous and efficient, both in setting up the appointment and after my arrival. Although I had scheduled the appointment to discuss a diagnosis of osteopenia by another doctor, he listened and responded to that, plus other medical problems that my previous doctor didn't have time to discuss with me. I look forward to working with him in the future.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Habib?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Health Net
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
One Health
PHCS
Simplifi
Tricare
Secure Horizons
Universal American

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Habib treats patients.

Compare Providers