Dr. Roy Davidovitch, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 47

Dr. Davidovitch

The New York Hip Institute

485 Madison Ave New York, NY 10022

Dr. Roy Davidovitch, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Davidovitch to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Davidovitch with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital today at (718) 355-9439.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Dr. Davidovitch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Davidovitch

94.48275862068965%

Dr. Davidovitch
Dr Davidovich and his team are excellent and have developed a care plan for anterior total hip replacement with same day discharge to home. They remain readily available throughout your recovery for and questions or concerns. Pain management is excellent with minimal need for opioids. I live 3 hours away from NYU, I had rights hip done 2019 and left hip today. it’s well worth the trip!
Maureen Culhane – Aug 06, 2021
Hip replacement
Dennis Cohen – Apr 29, 2021
Dr. Davidovitch performed my hip surgery a little over a year and a half ago. He is a brilliant surgeon. There are not enough words to describe him. I was hesitant on the anterior approach but when I met Dr. Davidovitch, he made me feel confident that the surgery will go well and take away all the pain I was having in my hip and back. He was 100% correct! Not only is he very knowledgeable in his field of expertise, he is caring, personable and patient too. He never made me feel I was asking too many questions. The post-operative care went smoothly as he said it would. I was walking with minimum use of the crutches the next day after my surgery and had no issues. Almost a year later, I was riding the peloton and continued to feel great. Not only is Dr. Davidovitch an amazing surgeon, his staff was always a pleasure to work with too. They were always accommodating with any questions or requests I had. I cannot thank Dr. Davidovitch and his staff enough for the wonderful work they do!
Irving Lora – Feb 22, 2021
Dr. Davidovitch was experienced, knowledgeable, and cordial in every possible way during my visits to his office. The hip replacement surgery he performed was flawless and virtually scarless. He is always available for follow-up advice and consultation.
John Liftin – Dec 22, 2020
I highly recommend Dr. Davidovitch! He did a hip replacement surgery for me about a year ago. The experience was very good. His guidance after made for a smooth recovery. And I feel great!
Dec 10, 2020
Dr. Davidovitch performed 2 anterior approach hip replacements on me and I could not be happier. I am able to do everything I did prior to my hip issues. He and his team are just wonderful. They answer all of your questions, Lily the surgical coordinator is always so friendly and thorough making sure everything is taken care of prior to surgery, NYU Langone was literally the best hospital I have ever been in and after surgery Dr. Davidovitch and his team were always there for any concerns I had. I recommend Dr. Davidovitch and his team to everyone I know.
C.R. – Oct 26, 2020
I had both my Hips replaced by Dr. Davidovitch. The first was June 2018 and then again Sept.2020. I did much research before the initial surgery regarding method and Doctor before finally deciding I wanted the Anterior approach and Dr. Davidovitch. The outcome could not have been better! Both times I was released same day. I was walking without assistance within days and back to normal activities within 2-3 weeks. Compared to some friends that I know that had the hip surgery, my recovery's the most pain free and quickest of all which I credit with Dr.Davidovitch.
Dale – Oct 22, 2020
Dr. Davidovitch is a 10. I had a total left hip replacement in June 2020 during the pandemic. I wasn’t, but he was, cool and calm and took the time to answer all my questions and put me at ease. Everything went just as he said it would and I was home the same day. The follow-up care from his office staff was incredible. His staff goes above and beyond. If I should ever need another hip I will go running back to Dr. Davidovitch.
Laurie L. – Oct 20, 2020
On Oct. 24, 2019, Dr Davidovitch performed an Anterior Hip Replacement on me. After PT and being in constant pain for months, my physical therapist in CT recommended the doctor to me. Luckily I was able to get an appointment quickly. Right away I knew I was in the right place. Dr. D was thorough, kind, and explained everything very well, he listened. The surgery was a huge success. I was walking around the hospital floor the night of surgery, happy I spent the night instead of going home. I used a walker for several days or when I went outside. Was doing stairs the next day. The pain was minimual. The ice cuff he recommended was great. About two weeks after surgery, I felt like my old self again. I cannot thank Dr. Davidovitch and his staff enough, they are the very best!
Mary Henrikson – Oct 10, 2020
I am a 79 year old very active physician. My hip kept me from being as active as I once was. Any wrong movement generated tremendous pain. I came to Dr Davidovitch because two of my colleagues had hip replacement by Dr. D. They were so complimentary that I chose him without reservations. I underwent total hip replacement in August 2020. It was an amazing experience. I went into the OR at 8AM and by 1 PM I went home. I was able to walk and climb the stairs without pain. The entire team was great starting with the preoperative teaching, the day of surgery and after. Within 3 days I was able to discard the walker and the cane and walk without assistance. I recommend Dr Davidovitch and his fantastic team without reservation.
RA – Oct 03, 2020
Dr. Davidovitch is the brightest star of his field and a kind and caring man.
Vera Kishinevsky – Feb 08, 2020
Dr. Davidovitch performed an anterior total hip replacement on me in Sept. 2018. Before surgery I was in constant pain. Dr. D's treatment plan post-surgery got me back on my feet and feeling great within 2 months. Today, I walk without a limp and without pain and I give all the credit to this amazing doctor and his dedicated staff. I highly recommend him if you want a skilled, knowledgeable surgeon who's the best in his field!
Karen Brooks – Jan 06, 2020
If your problem is more than a hip replacement he will not take the time to get to the root of your problem. After wasting 8 months in his care I left his office in tears in February and he didn't even offer a ounce of comfort. Here I am almost 3 weeks out of surgery and well on my way to recovery. Not all cases are easy but a real Dr. would never let a patient leave his office in the level of pain I was in with out trying to get to the bottom of it. Former Patient Andrea Cavicchio You can keep deleted my review but then that makes you even less of a Dr. because your patients should hear the good and the bad!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Andrea Cavicchio – Aug 13, 2019
Excellent surgeon.
Diane in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 22, 2019
I had an excellent surgical outcome. I was walking within 2 hours of my surgery and was able to go home the same day and walk up my stairs that night. His team is well connected and always answered my questions promptly.
GG in Port Jefferson – Jun 07, 2019
I knew for a few years that I would need a hip replacement but never pursued it for many reasons. I did not want to go into a rehab facility was number one. The procedure was done and I was home and walking stairs in less then 12 hours. I had no pain, was standing straight, and No limp. The way he performs the surgery is not like any other from what Im told. Dr Davidovitch is straight forward about his care and follows up at every stage of rehab. I would highly recommend him.
Thea Esposito in Locust Valley, NY – Jun 05, 2019
Dr. Davidovitch is excellent. He and his staff are efficient and effective. The use of Force Therapeudics made the entire process go seemlessly.
May 17, 2019
Great surgeon. From initial consultation to post op, total positive experience. Would highly recommend for this surgery!
Apr 11, 2019
Dr. Davidovitch's reputation precedes him as an excellent and highly skilled surgeon. I am very happy that he did my hip replacement surgery and equally satisfied with my post-surgical results.
Mar 26, 2019
I had a left total hip replacement with Dr. Davidovitch, and the entire experience was exceptional -- the surgery team along with Dr. Davidovich and everyone at NYU Langone. I was walking (with a cane) as soon as I left the hospital and using stairs that evening. Minimal discomfort in the first few days, and stopped all pain medication a few days later (no point using them anymore). I would highly recommend Dr. Davidovich and his team.
Mar 19, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Davidovitch?

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics