Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 60

Psychiatry

Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Gaithersburg, MD and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Howard University College Of Medicine in 1989. She is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD

Dryden-Edwards Psychiatric Services

9055 Shady Grove Ct Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Dryden-Edwards' experience treating your condition or procedure

Anxiety

Dr. Dryden-Edwards treats Anxiety more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Dryden-Edwards treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

Cognitive Function Testing

Dr. Dryden-Edwards performs Cognitive Function Testing more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Dryden-Edwards performs this procedure more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Dryden-Edwards' conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Function Testing
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Stress Management

Dr. Dryden-Edwards accepts

Dr. Dryden-Edwards accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
WellPoint

Dr. Dryden-Edwards' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dryden-Edwards

2.1

Very rude front desk, VERY RUDE!
I was supposed to have an in office apt, I was specifically told this because I need my RX written , not electronically sent. They are none transferable. I travel out of state quite often , this means I have to drive to different states to pick my meds up. I went to her office, no one let me know they went back to virtual appointments and wasn't told she wouldn't be in. The front desk Phone staff is VERY rude. I don't get how hard it is to have a paper with my RX written and sent to office for me to pick up. If I travel to west Virginia and run out of meds, that's a 3 hour trip back to MD and 3 hours back. Thanks, DR Morgan was a very nice Dr and understood the problem and knew how to get me written RXs, I miss her and it sucks she's gone "We went virtual" well here is a virtual rating.(Dr Morgan gets 5 stars) this 1 star is for what's going on now. Also find a more friendly front desk lady. She's so rude , no one that lazy and rude should work there.
Gregory H – Jan 29, 2022
Dr Roxanne Dryden Edwards is a wonderful Psychiatrist
Ashley A Egerton – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
The person who runs the front office is in charge of refilling prescriptions it seems and doesnt have the time to contact patients so if a pharmacy keeps asking for a refill she just keeps on declining even if it doesn't seem like the pharmacy is properly relaying the message. Then when you call she gets nasty with you. If you try to talk to the owner of the practice she tries to shame you into getting in line and without ever speaking to you previously makes assumptions about you and the way you are handling your health, in the most offensive, demeaning and nasty way possible. Sure they are cheap and sure its easy to get an appointment, but there is a reason for that, they are terrible! RUN to a new provider as fast as you can!
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Worst experience with psychiatric services in the DMV. They rescheduled the appointment 4 DIFFERENT times because THEY kept scheduling the appointment wrong. I had confirmation emails for the appointment and when the day came they would say the appointment was for a different day and the confirmation email was wrong. They made it seem like it was the clients fault. People go to them because of mental health issues and the office staff only causes more stress and show that they don't care. People are going to you for help and you turn them down! Whatever you do don't go to this office if you are looking for adequate mental health help.
Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Edwards for nearly 10 years and have found her to be punctual, pleasant, a good listener and professional. I would highly recommend her.
Jun 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I have gone to this practice for years. My doctor left last year. She was very sweet and understood me. Prior to her leaving, I was planning on finding a new one because their customer service is terrible. When you call them, they rarely answer the phones. If you're lucky, you'll get a call back. If you miss their call and call them back, you have to start all over because you'll get their voicemail box again. I have been billed for appointments that my doctor missed when I was ready for the appointment. Extremely unprofessional. My doctor didn't address it, so I later had to address it with her billing assistant. Ridiculous. I have been cut off from medications once and asked to find a new doctor. At least this is prompting me to finally find a new one. I blame myself for sticking with them. I will find an office that cares a bit more for their patients, answers the phones, and bills correctly. I have never heard of a mental health doctor causing so much stress and anxiety,
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Have seen Dr. Edwards for two years. Recently lost my daughter and needed a sleep medicine which she did prescribe. Did not abuse it or ask for it early. Needed to cancel an appointment (which I let them know in advance) and she left a nasty message and basically dumped me as a patient! Wow! I cannot warn anyone strongly enough to NOT see this person! Totally shocked and in disbelief. I had requested a refill but if she were uncomfortable with that all she had to do was say so! Can’t advise you strongly enough not to see her. I thought we had a decent relationship so this came as a huge surprise. Now I am grieving and have no doctor. Just as well because she proved she is not professional!
Awful Doctor – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Dryden-Edwards for about a year. I have found her to be very professional. She asks good questions and listens carefully during our appointments.
MD – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Pleasant professional to the point and very helpful
Brian Carroll – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Edwards for 10+ years. I have not had one negative experience with her, not once. She's thorough in every aspect of my well being, mentally and physically. She's truly a professional whom cares about my opinions and feedback concerning my treatment plan. She works with me in consideration with my feelings and concerns. Thank you Dr. Edwards for being a significant help
Chris C. – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Dr. Dryden-Edwards is always professional, listens carefully, and offers meaningful suggestions and insights. When visiting the office, I find that I never am kept waiting an inordinate amount of time, and I feel that the time I have with Dr. Dryden-Edwards is well spent. I recommend her.
Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Easy to talk to; takes time to understand; makes herself available to her patients
Oct 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
my Daughter visited her as a high school student and felt Dr Edwards patiently listened to her and gave meaningful help.
Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I realize that people who have issues often leave scathing reviews that unfairly skew ratings. But people who are happy rarely write reviews. That is typically my M.O. But not this time. I’m so pleased with Dr. Dryden-Edwards professionalism, care, and compassion that I have to share my experience. I can’t say enough good things about her. My child was having a very difficult time. It was going on for an extended period of time until Dr. Dryden-Edwards came to the rescue. We were at our wits-end. Now things are completely different - a true 180 and our relationship has never been better. Thank you Dr. Dryden-Edwards. Without your help, I’m not sure how we would have managed or where we would be today.
MD – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Dr. Dryden-Edwards is highly experienced, caring and attentive. I would highly recommend her practice.
Sep 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Edwards for about a year and am thoroughly appalled by the recent service I have received. I have had struggles over the last few months, including losing a job, thereby losing my insurance and having some financial difficulties. I take medication for anxiety and depression, well established and tolerated as documented by Dr. Edwards, and I contacted the office to see if they could work with me given my situation. I have been making payments as I can afford and simply wanted a one month prescription to give me a chance to get sorted out and back on my feet, something I would think a mental health doctor/practice would be receptive to. As any decent psychiatrist knows, these medications cannot be stopped without some tapering regimen as it is dangerous. However, it seems there is truly no concern for the patients, and a frightening lack of awareness and sensitivity from a doctor dealing with mental health. This is negligence and I will not be returning.
Jessica – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
I was a patient for many years although the PA Charlene Morgan has always been great to us and my child the office manager Mrs. Stone is one of the most unprofessional person I have ever meet. You owe a copay that is outstanding no matter the amount she will treat you like if you are beneath her. Mrs Stone is none empathic and make smirky comments regarding your financial situation. I do not recommend this practice
Carola Huerta in Gaithersburg , MD – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
Very short with my son with ADHD. Quick to prescribe but did not listen to his concerns. Billed me $100 for a missed appointment after a family emergency which took us out of town on the same day as the appointment. No compassion.
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
After my daughter (w/ an intellectual/developmental disability), was dismissed from Dr. (I use that term very loosely), Dryden-Edwards' office, we had to hospitalize her for a month! She actually admitted she didn't have a clue what to do, (after insisting she was able to work w/ a kid w/ ID/DD-heck, read MY chapter in book). She sent us to visit with another (new), psychiatrist in her office, "because she might have some fresh ideas". She didn't. Dr. D-E said to find someone who had more time!
Shannon – Mar 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?
A 'medication management' appointment billed in total (insurance & co-pay costs) for well over $100 for supposedly 15 minutes actually lasts 1 or 2 minutes unless you quickly bring up new concerns to keep her attention. The office staff are usually pleasant, but I once heard them discussing another patient while I was in the waiting room. I doubt they realized patients could hear them, but it made me concerned about confidentiality and compassion toward patients.
Gaithersburg – Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roxanne Dryden-Edwards, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dryden-Edwards?