Dr. Ross McMahon, MD

Dr. Ross McMahon, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

To provide comprehensive, multidisciplanary approach to the care of the disiease of obesity. To provide the highest quality outcomes in the Pacific Northwest.

Dr. Ross McMahon, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Bellevue, WA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. McMahon is affiliated with Providence Centralia Hospital and Valley Medical Center.

Dr. McMahon's Experience

See how Dr. McMahon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McMahon

Dr. McMahon accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. McMahon has admitting privileges.

Dr. McMahon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McMahon to family and friends
    Dr. McMahon's Performance
    in Oak Harbor, WA |
    I have had a good number of friends tell me about Dr. McMahon. Now that he's my doctor I can say that I am happy to recommend him. He spent a good deal of time answering my questions and actually sat down to talk with me. I have now lost 78 pounds and still going!!! So happy I chose to make the call I was afraid to make. Needed my head examined now that I am feeling so much better. :) YAY!
    in Portland, OR |
    Very caring. I had to travel from PDX each visit and they were so accommodating and understood my challenges. The dr. was kind and was professional at all times. I would come back. Thank you to the team!
    in Seattle/Japan |
    Very knowledgeable. Procedure went well. Easy recovery.
    Shoreline, WA |
    Friendly and not pushy or make you feel down when you have not met your goals. Staff is great too.
    in Burien, WA |
    I love this Dr. and all his staff. Very friendly, professional and try to meet your specific needs.
    in WA |
    Dr McMahon was very knowledgeable and everything went very well. The office staff were very nice and helpful as well. I recommended them to a co- worker.
    in Kenmore, WA |
    I got stupendous support and care from Dr. McMahon. He is really good at personalizing his approach towards the me, making recommendations that fit my specific needs.He took extremely great care of me both pre-surgery & post-surgery. He is thorough, answers any and every question under the sun. He went to great lengths to ensure I felt comfortable, including being open to debate on a few topics! I went with the intra-gastric balloon and it's been a huge success! Dr. M is the best in the state!
    in Lynnwood, WA |
    I had a few complications with my surgery but the Dr. did everything in his power to fix the issues and get me out of the hospital to recover at home as soon as possible. The staff have been attentive and have dealt with my numerous questions regarding pre/post surgery. I am slowly recovering but am thankful I chose Dr. McMahon and his team to get me through the process.
    in Everett, WA. |
    DR. Ross is the most kind, caring Surgeon around and he is Washington State MR. Fixed Gastric Bypass Surgeon! I trust DR. Ross completely! He truly care for us and want help! DR. Ross is the only Gastric Bypass Surgeon I trust!
    in Seattle, WA |
    His bedside manner was stereotypically cold and aloof. I was a case, not a person. My surgery and recovery were difficult. I got more understanding from his colleague, the doctor who did medically supervised weight loss.
    in Tukwila, WA |
    Insurance denied coverage for gastric banding but a new major medical diagnosis pushed me to pursue it with conviction. I contacted Dr. McMahon's office, now in private practice. He and his office staff walked me through the process of understanding what to expect, dietary counseling and securing financial assistance, then surgery. I am two months out and very happy with my decision. The support group I have joined says having the 'right' doctor will make all the difference.
    Have you seen Dr. Ross McMahon, MD?
    Are you Dr. McMahon?

Dr. McMahon's Care Philosophy

Dr. McMahon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
    •  Board certified in General Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

• Fellow of American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, 2010
      • Center of Excellence Surgeon - American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, 2005
      • Urology Gold Award, 1994
      • Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award, 1986
      • Too many to list. Do a Pubmed search on me...

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. McMahon's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Obesity Associated Asthma
    • Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome

Queens University / Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1994

Dr. McMahon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McMahon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery

• Adjustable Gastric Banding
    • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
    • Endoscopy