Dr. Ross Grumet, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 86

Dr. Grumet

Sage Psychological Consulting LLC

1718 Peachtree St Nw Ste 481 Atlanta, GA 30309

Dr. Ross Grumet, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Atlanta, GA. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grumet to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Grumet's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Grumet's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Grumet performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Grumet performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Grumet performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Grumet's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Grumet accepts

Dr. Grumet accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Self Pay

Dr. Grumet's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grumet

3.2

Dr. Grumet
Dr. Grumet is polite, friendly and very helpful. I’ve never had any problem with his staff. The patients expressing negative views about his office personnel need PSYCHIATRIC HELP! Soooo...,..they’re in the right place! His office staff have all been great—at least for the past 10 years or ever since I’ve been in treatment.
Anonymous – Mar 03, 2021
To be victimized from a young age, and to be victimized now at the age of 59, sends me down a dark rabbit hole of confusion and hopelessness. I do not have the scope of psychiatric studies to know the impact of present and future abuse to the psyche. The brain is complicated when tragedy and abuse happen at a early age. Maybe the scholars and doctors who have adequate information about the subject may be of help. But, a doctor with lack of background information of their patient is not of help. A doctor shooting in the dark for reason or solution is not where a vulnerable patient needs or wants to be. The mentally vulnerable need a doctor who understands them and the information that is needed to give advise. Amy Two hours after my appointment with Dr Grumet In my own words
Oct 20, 2020
He is one of the Greatest!!! In his field and will remain that way until the End. Thank you so much for helping me to understand the good and bad. With my disability PTSD.
Amelia Kendrick – Jun 22, 2020
Dr Grumet is a physician I can count on. He's been my doctor for 12 years monitoring my recovery through 3 surgeries including a total knee replacement.
Jan S – Aug 03, 2019
Friends, If I could give Dr. Grumet 50 stars, I would. I was a very sad man until I met the 'Consummate Professional'. You will always have disgruntled people wanting to write a not so good review because they may not be happy for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with what they are claiming. Dr. Grumet is a very caring person who wanted me to be well. I'd have to say he's made my life worth living again. Tina is a breath of fresh air and very professional. Help yourself and see Dr Grumet
Bill Goldstein in Williamson, GA – Jan 26, 2019
I have been with Dr Grumet for 9 years and he has really helped my anxiety and depression. The wait time can be a bit long but consider the patients he treats. It is worth the wait to see a quality doctor. I had 2 others who didn’t listen to me and finally he did and helped me get my life back from anxiety and depression. He brought me back from a very dark place to a place where I can work 40 hours a week and go out from time to time. I use to just sit home and worry.
John C in Atlanta Ga – Mar 21, 2018
I’ve been seeing different psychiatrists in the Atlanta area since I was 15 years old, I’m 32 now. I’ve never been able to find one that actually takes more than 15 minutes seeing patients until I found Dr. Grumet. He has helped me tremendously. He actually takes the time to listen to his patients and truly cares. I’ve finally found, in my opinion, is one of the best in Atlanta. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Grumet to anyone who’s looking to find a highly intelligent doctor who actually cares
Kathryn in Atlanta, GA – Dec 12, 2017
Dr Grumet is a great doctor. Very thorough and kind. Every time I go in the office there is a new receptionist and I see why. There are two phones both ringing off the hook. You can see that Dr Grumet has a couple hundred patients. The latest Guy was very nice and doing his best but it's a zoo. I understand why it takes awhile to get an appt scheduled or a call back. They need at least one other person up front. I've observed this for several years now.
Atlanta, GA – Jul 28, 2017
I treated with him for a little over two years. I'm not the type to be ruffled by staff, but his staff takes pleasure in being insulting. Every few months, you have to go in person to get a RX refill, and I needed a refill once while he was on a three week vacation. No one I could talk to in his stead, no way to reach him. The staff advised me that they knew there were side effects to going off my meds, but it would teach me a lesson in personal responsibility. Ouch.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Atlanta, GA – Apr 17, 2017
I have been going to Dr Grumet for 13+ yrs for a combination of issues. Expect to see him 30-60mins after your appt time. Former psychiatrists, who stuck to their 15 minute appt schedules, couldn't figure out why nothing helped. My 1st visit (scheduled for 30 mins) lasted over 1hr as he listened to the full spectrum of problems I was experiencing. It took a long time & a lot of work but I've been stable for 10 yrs with his help. His staff is awful (always email for appts) but he is worth it.
Feb 25, 2017
It is very difficult to schedule an appointment. The doctor is very nice and skilled but Mr. Dreadlocks on the Front Desk is a nightmare. I had to go in person to inquire about the appointment, because he won't return calls. I found a small locked office with the receptionist behind the glass. He was very rude, I declined scheduling the appointment and he charged me $50.00. I don't recommend them not because of the doctor (great man) but the office staff. Run.
Atlanta, GA – Feb 09, 2017
I have seen Dr Grumet for 8 years for Subutex treatment. He has helped me so much. But the staff he hires is the absolute worst employees. These employees do not care. I have left message after message and still will not receive a return call. I end up having to Email Dr. Grumet to let him know what I need. I believe a Dr is as good as his staff. And while I stick with Dr. Grumet I hate his employees. The turn over rate is very high. I wish he had better staff
Teresa in Athens, GA – May 13, 2016
I completely disagree with the bad reviews below. 5 stars or you are wrong. MUST READ MY REVIEW!!! Dr. Grumet is wonderful, I have been seeing him for about four years/ His current office staff is fabulous!!! They go out of their way to listen and solve any kind of issues or questions I may have or come across. They treat you like you DO MATTER because you do.They promptly do all the above. They work with you for you, and understand that you and your needs are important.
Kristina Ramsey in Powder Springs, GA – May 12, 2016
The service from the male receptions is terrible! He's rude, he hung up the phone twice for no apparent reason and had the nerve to tell me he wasn't sending my medical records. This guy doesn't deserve a job!
LaChelle in Atlanta, GA – May 04, 2016
Dr. Grumet listens to all his patients and makes sure that he gives each patient the individual attention that they deserve. I have been a patient for over a year now and although you may have to wait 30 minutes past your appointment time you can be sure that you will get the time you need to discuss how you're medication is working or not working. But if you are looking for a doctor to give you drugs for the hell of it, look elsewhere, because he will see right through you!
str110982 in Atlanta, Georgia – Dec 18, 2015
I had been to several doctors for over 2 years without success. The first time Dr. Grumet met with me, he spent the time he needed to truly understand and correctly diagnose my problem. He was completely correct and within just 2 months under his care, my life had dramatically changed for the better. Now, I am living a normal life again! Yes, you may have to wait sometimes for a little while, but it is because he spends the time that is needed. If you need help, go see him!
Nivana in Atlanta, GA – Dec 18, 2015

How was your experience with Dr. Grumet?

Dr. Ross Grumet is Board Certified in Psychiatry. He sees adults 18 and older, respects gender, religious and cultural beliefs, sexual orientation, and...Read more

• Psychiatry