Dr. Ross Chapel, MD

Dr. Ross Chapel, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Ross Chapel, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in McAllen, TX. He is 34 years old. Read his story

222 E Ridge Rd Ste 106

• CHAMPVA
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Chapel

Dr. Chapel's Experience

Dr. Chapel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Chapel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chapel "Dr. Chapel was born and raised outside of New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended Louisiana State University where he majored in Biological Sciences and graduated with Cum Laude honors . He attended medical school at The University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, where he was nominated to be a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He was also the recipient of the Walter G. Sterling Award for Academic Excellence, which was given to the top graduating senior of the medical school. After Medical School, Dr. Chapel completed a one year internship in general surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital in South Carolina, where he received both the Lily M. Jackson Award and the Don Gregg Award for excellence in patient care. He then completed his orthopedic surgery training at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, where he developed interest in upper extremity surgery. He then went on to complete subspecialty training in hand and upper extremity surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical center under the supervision of Dr. William Geissler."

This content was provided by Dr. Chapel "Here at the Rio Grande Upper Extremity Center, we take pride in treating each and every patient with compassionate care. We strive for the best possible outcome for your Upper Extremity needs. Our orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Ross Chapel, specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries of the upper extremities. This includes evaluating and caring for patients suffering from hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder problems. Dr. Chapel and his orthopedic surgical team attempt to correct these problems that arise in the skeleton and its attachments, including ligaments and tendons."

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery
  • Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Orthopedic Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

Dr. Chapel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Avulsion Fracture
  • Compound Fracture
  • Compression Fracture
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Insufficiency Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Elbow

• Elbow Surgery
  • Endoscopic Wrist Surgery
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment

Medical School | Graduated
  • Okla Hlth Scis Ctr
  • University of Mississippi
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Chapel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Chapel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chapel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chapel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chapel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chapel to family and friends
Dr. Chapel's Performance
in MCALLEN |
Being in the medical field myself, I was very skeptical of surgeons. But once I met & talked with Dr. Chapel he put all my fears to rest. First of all, he came to visit me in the hospital on his day off, Saturday. He took his time to explain the surgery I needed & really listened to me.He answered all my questions while being very patient, kind, & understanding. He is an amazing, talented, & outstanding surgeon. As a result, I have made a speedy recovery & will return to work soon. Thank you!!!
in Weslaco, TX |
Dr. Chapel was amazing. He is not your typical specialist for sure. He is an exceptionally knowledgeable guy like you would expect a surgeon to be, but he combined that knowledge with a sense of humility and respect for my opinions (despite the fact I don't know squat compared to him about this injury). His bedside manners were the best I have experienced from any specialist; he listened to my complaints and concerns, explaining my questions thoroughly. His staff is amazing too.
Dr. Chapel saved my arm. What an amazing doctor.
in McAllen, Texas |
I visited Dr. Chapel's office because I was referred by my physician. I had an elbow problem which I was having trouble getting resolved. Dr. Chapel was a Godsend. He diagnosed my problem as bursitis, drained my elbow (no pain) and injected it with medication. I was happy to get cured of this ailment which had bothered me for some time. He also cured a shoulder problem by injecting medication and my shoulder is 100% better. I would recommend Dr. Chapel highly. God Bless Dr. Chapel
in Penitas, Tx |
Excellent care provided by the medical staff. Dr. Chapel takes the time to listen to your concerns and provides clear and concise answers to all questions.
in Mcallen, texas |
Best local Md! He really cared about my dislocated ankle. Informed me of everthing to help my healing process. Thanks Dr. Chapel!
Mission, TX |
Best side bed manners, took my case after other refused (they did me a favor), explained everything before any procedure and I felt he really care about me as a human being, his staff the best (happy, courteous, smiley and knowledgeable). Excelente doctor, mucho don de gente, agradecida porque tomo mi caso cuando otros se negaron (me acabaron haciendo un favor), me explico todo antes de realizar cualquier procedimiento, senti que realmente le importaba como ser humano y su staff es de lo mejor
Houston, TX |
Dr. Chapel is very knowledgeable. Explained everything in detail and helped me tremendously.??
in San Juan Tx |
Really recommend Dr. Chapel he saw my son right away due to a knee injury. Got him healed and ready for sports. Not a long wait to see him excellent doctor and excellent staff
in Edinburg, TX |
Dr Chapel is extremely attentive and personable. He informed me of my condition after thorough examination and X-ray and came forth with options. A less invasive treatment was first choice however. my pain remained and I decided to return for an injection on the affected area. This was painful initially but within 18 hours all pain was gone. I am still pain free! Hallelujah!!
in Mcallen, TX |
My 6 years suffered a broken wrist, Dr. Chapel was referred to us as being the best Orthopedic Surgeon. One surgery and a few office visits later, we experienced first hand this to be true. Dr. Chapel was incredible with my nervous, shy, scared 6 year old; giving him not only world class service but showing him comfort and reassurance that he would be alright. I am so pleased with the entire staff, professional, courteous and they create a warm environment. I would definitely recommend. Thanks
in McAllen,Tx |
Knows what he is doing and how to fix the problem Gets right to it. Great personality and Bedside Manor !!!
in McAllen, TX |
I had surgery on my shoulder for a rotator cuff tear. Dr. Chapel did an excellent job!! He spoke with my wife after the surgery and informed her how it went. This doctor has an impeccable bedside manner plus a great attitude. I would go back to him for any upper extremity surgery that I would need. We are fortunate to have him in our valley.
in Mcallen, TX |
I met Dr. Chapel when my little one broke his humerus, I was nervous worried and overall just a mess. He was able to explain the process and assured me he would treat my little one as his own. He is very punctual and his office staff is amazing and caring. I can't thank you so much for all you have done.
in Edinburg, tx |
I love Dr. Chapel i never expected 1 much less my 2 sons having a broken clavicle. He,treated both my boys. He is without a doubt one of the best in the valley.
in Rio Grande City, TX |
My cousin had an accident where she broke her femur and her elbow was shattered. We came into the ER where we met Dr. Chapel for the first time. He has awesome bedside manners he explained the surgery for the femur. Then 2 days later she got her elbow completly reconstructed. 4 days after her femur surgery she was walking with the therapists. Now 6 months later she has range of motion in her elbow/arm and is walking without any support. Dr. Chapel is good at what he does.
in MCALLEN TEXAS |
excellent bedside manner he put up with my 89 year-old mama crotchety and hurting and fixed her broken wrist good man
in McAllen, TX |
Doctor and his staff were very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Mcallen, TX |
Dr Chapel is a great physician. He takes the time to explain everything and truly cares about his patients. Satisfied with his treatment recommendations. Would definitely recommend to others!
in Spooner, WI |
I was treated by Dr. Chapel in McAllen, TX in January of 2017 while wintering in TX. I found him to be very pleasant and very professional. I felt that he cared about my injury (broken bone in my leg) and made sure that I received the proper treatment. Although he could have insisted on surgery, he did not. Other doctors could have and perhaps would have wanted to do surgery because, of course, it would put more money in their pocket. I consider him to be an excellent doctor.
in Pharr, TX |
Awesome guy
in San Isidro |
Dr. Chapel is excellent, and I trust him completely to take care of my family. My husband was is in a car crash suffered a broken clavicle. Dr . Chapel managed his pain and performed surgery inserting a plate and screws. He explained and informed us of all the risks involved. He is very thorough! My husband has recovered quickly. A few weeks later, I am back at Dr. Chapel's office because my son slipped and fractured his humerus. I would not take the rest of my family anywhere else!
McAllen,Tx |
Was very informative and made us feel very comfortable with the healing process for my son. He gave us options and walked us through the whole thing, had an appointment every week till my son was better.
McAllen,Tx |
Amazing doctor, explained everything along the way and gave us different options for our son.
in Edinburg, Texas |
I'm extremely great full for the medical service Dr. CHAPEL provided to my 90 year old mother. He performed hip surgery on her and from pre-operation to follow up examinations, he demonstrated a unique sense of patient care. I know my Dear Lord put my mother in Dr. Chapel's hands so she could make it through surgery and revover well. 3 months after surgery mom is functioning as she was before the hip fracture. Thank you Dr. Chapel for healing and caring for mom. God bless you.
Mission, Tx |
Great bedside manners, explanation about procedure explained in detail. He will not sugar coat any information, sincere which makes him better. Great outcome with my father's surgery. Return back to previous activities as before surgey. Great staff at office, nice office.
Mcallen, TX |
Outstanding Communicating skills with patients. Explicitly explains what has happened, what is going to happen, what could happen, and what will be the results. He is open to discussing your concerns and assures the patient of the best outcome achievable possible that can be accomplished by him. He is friendly to his patients and has outstanding bedside manners.
The level of care we received from Dr. Chapel was far superior to any other doctor we have seen in our life time. When you are a patient of doctor Chapel you are treated like family. The care is personalized and attentive. There is no doctor in the valley like Dr. Chapel! One of a kind care and expertise! We would trust Dr.Chapel with all of our medical needs.
in McAllen, TX |
This is an amazing doctor. He has great bedside manner. He did a fantastic job of surgery on my sister's ankle. I can't tell you how caring this doctor was to the family and patient. I highly recommend this doctor for any type of orthopedic surgery. We have not been to the office, this was all done in the hospital. I will recommend his office later.
McAllen, TX |
Great experience- easy to get an appointment and the staff is very nice, but most important, Dr. Chapel was able to treat my daughter's broken arm in his office with minimal pain, keeping her out of the OR. I was certain she would need surgery to set the bone; however, he's not only good at what he does, but he also wants to do what is best for the patient, and in this case an effort to avoid surgery was best. This experience was much easier than we expected. We are VERY pleased!
in Edinburg TX |
I had a great experience with Dr. Chapel he did everything to avoid surgery on my fracture elbow. Did an excellent job with my medical treatment. I will strongly recommend Dr. Chapel to any of my friends at Fire Department and family. Great doctor with excellent family values and morale character
in Mcallen, TX |
Dr. Chapel communicates very well. He is honest and forthright. He explains in detail the procedure(s) that will be done, the preparation, the time, the complications that could occur, the risks associated with the complications. He appears confident in his ability. . And he did as he said he would.. Not an easy operation. Met with family and with my husband several times following operation. Very pleasant young doctor who cares.
Your very welcome.
in McAllen, TX |
Great to work with. Clear and concise with his explanation of everything, very easy going and confident. Enthusiastic about being helpful and seeing everything all the way through. Performed a clean and meticulous surgery on my 14-year-old boy's elbow. Would highly recommend.
Thank you so much for letting me help your son.
Have you seen Dr. Ross Chapel, MD?

Visit Dr. Chapel