Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD

Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD

26 reviews

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 37 years old

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee problems. I aim to help you return to a full, active life without pain. Oftentimes this can be achieved without an operation. When an operation is recommended, I offer cutting-edge techniques that can minimize surgical pain and speed recovery.Read more

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Dr. Shah's Performance
in Milford,Pennslyviana |
I am a at risk heart patient and after a year of being turned down by five doctors for surgery my heart doctor, Dr Ramos a Columbia Doctor and a Professor, recommended Dr Shah. I met Dr Shah and after a exam he looked me in the eyes and told me he can help and in three months I,ll be a new man without hip pain. Dr Shah told me he works on patients that are much worse shape. He's genius and a gifted surgeon the hip replacement went as planed, no more pain,I can hike and run! Thank You Dr Shah!!
New York, NY |
Dr. Shah is the best. He replaced both my hips, with six weeks in between surgeries. Didn't believe it could be done, but he is both a skilled surgeon and an attentive and caring person. I had managed to stave off surgery for 15 years, but Dr. Shah was quick to tell me when my time had come. And he was right. It's 3 weeks after the second surgery and I'm walking further and with less pain than I have in 2 years. I've had almost no pain post surgery.
in New York, NY |
I'm not one to write reviews, but after not being able to walk for 3 months I am extremely happy to say that now I can. I was Dr. Macoby patient for a few months and although he is a good a doctor, I have to say that Dr. Shah is my miracle doctor. I was with constant agonizing/ sharp pains and I had every since I had my surgery, I am pain free and able to walk again. Thank you Dr. Shah for being a caring , patient and for being my miracle doctor.
in White Plains, NY |
My experience with Dr. Shah has been phenomenal! A true godsend. I had a total knee replacement with Dr. Shah and the recovery has been unbelievably fast and with much less pain than I had anticipated, range of motion is excellent. This was my 9th bone surgery and not only was I skeptical (a few failed and painful surgeries) but I had prepared for the worse. Imagine my surprise when I was up and to the bathroom the same day as my surgery. The scar is thin and beautiful!
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Shah was thorough and extremely thoughtful in his diagnosis and care when I became a patient in June 2016. I ultimately needed knee replacement surgery which took place in January 2017. Incredibly, I was able to return to work in just 3 weeks with the 2nd knee scheduled for March. All in all, it was a good experience with a better than expected outcome which I know was due to Dr. Shah and his team's expertise. I appreciate all their help, kindness and consideration!
in East elmhurst |
For me you are the best orthopedic of the United States Of America and of the world. I was operated from my knee.I find myself okay.Thank you for your attention!Also thank you for everyone who assists him!For me you have more than 5 stars!Thank you so much see you soon!
in New York, NY |
My hip deteriorated rather rapidly due to avascular necrosis. A total hip replacement was in order. I appreciated his call the night before the surgery to see if I was ok and if I had any questions. The surgery was uneventful. We spoke after surgery and he intervened with physical therapy at the hospital to ensure that I got moving quickly. He followed up at home and ensured everything was ok. I was back to work in three weeks with minimal pain. My legs now match and am walking fine.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Dr. Shah is straightforward and thorough in his explanation of the problem and recommended course of action. He has the patience to answer questions and demonstrates a desire for the patient to feel at ease and informed of what's to be done. While quite efficient, he does this in a pleasant manner. Day of surgery he remains accessible to the patient and accompanying family member. He coordinates well with other surgeons for excellent care.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shah did a total hip replacement on my right side, and I walked with no pain in two weeks. I can't wait for him to do the left side. I've healed remarkably in a month and you can barely see the scar. I recommend him to everyone in need of a hip replacement. The best surgeon in the world
in new york city |
I would recommend Dr.Shah to anyone with a knee or hip issue got straight to my need. set me up for surgery was in and out of surgery pain free total hip replacement.staff are very professional.
in Pomona, NY |
Dr. Shah is an amazing doctor and wonderfully warm person who really cares about his patients and their well-being. He is a brilliant surgeon, very meticulous about his work and makes it a priority to listen to his patients. I am very thankful to Dr. Shah for an incredible job and am very happy I made the choice to get my knee replacement with him. Also, Dr. Shah's objective for his patients is to experience little or not pain. I have experience very little pain since the surgery. I am amazed!
in New York, NY |
I found Dr. Shah to be very helpful with explaining my condition and why it needed to be address. He also feel he has a wonder manner with his patients.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shah performed an anterior hip replacement on me 3 weeks ago, it has been spectacular. Since the day of the operation pain has been near zero. The operation was on Friday morning , I was home Sunday (could have been Sat. but Sunday due to my pick-up). I used a walker Mon, and was walking 8 blocks with the therapist on the following Saturday, with no cane! Range of movement is great, pain is gone, incision is all healed and barely a trace. I am thrilled with the experience and success.
in New York |
I had my 3 month checkup with Dr. Shah post hip surgery in August. I had a full hip replacement on April 25, 2016 and I haven't walked this well for years! Went to the Adirondacks on August 22nd for a week and climbed two mountains, one of the over 3000 feet it was a tough climb up but the view was spectacular. Thank you, Dr. Shah, it is great to be pain free and completely mobile again. My next adventure is back to running my 4 miles+. Best, Peggy Daly
in New York |
For many years I have been having problems with my knees I have tried many different types of treatment but no help in 2015 imet Dr Shah right away I felt at ease with him and decided to trust him to do my knees replacement last year he did my right knee it went very well it is now pain free, after a year he replace my left knee 7/11\2016 and nine days after I am able to walk without any assistance although I do have some pain it is tolerable with pain medicine I highly recommend him
in New York, NY |
Doctor Shah is the most attentive doctor I have ever had. He spent more time with me discussing my operation than any doctor ever has before. In addition he found the time to text me updates, and made himself available at all times. He took the time to explain all parts of my operation to me including what to expect pre-op and post-op. He is the model all doctors should follow.
in New York, NY |
Prior to meeting with Dr. Shah the first time, I had a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery. I was so dissatisfied with both his exam and the way he interacted with me, that I sought out another opinion. I cannot compliment Dr. Shah enough; both his exam and bedside manner were/are excellent! I never felt rushed by him, and he answered all my questions and addressed my concerns thoroughly. He treated me with care and respect. NYP is lucky to have him!
Have you seen Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Dr. Shah says...

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee problems. I aim to help you return to a full, active life without pain. Oftentimes this can be achieved without an operation. When an operation is recommended, I offer cutting-edge techniques that can minimize surgical pain and speed recovery.

Dr. Shah's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 2001

• Other Education
    Stanford University Law School

Completed in 2007

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics