Dr. Roshan Shah, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 9 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and hip & knee orthopedics.

Dr. Shah accepts

Dr. Shah accepts the following insurance:

MagnaCare

Knee Disorders

Dr. Shah treats Knee Disorders more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Shah treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Shah treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Shah treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injuries
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah?
Dr. Shah's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Roshan Shah, MD
I just had hip replacement surgery by Dr. Shah. My experience with Dr. Shah and his office couldn’t have been better. They responded to all my inquiries in a very timely fashion. Dr Shah, on a Saturday evening, called to find out how I was feeling subsequent to my surgery. Dr. Shah’s clinical nurse, Laura Silverio, answered every one of my phone calls and answered every question as did Dr. Shah, with much patience. I don’t think I could have selected a better surgeon or staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah transformed my son's hip and in doing so transformed his life. 18 year old Jacob was operated on just 3 weeks ago and is walking comfortably, climbing stairs, sleeping soundly and is not on narcotic pain relievers. Dr. Shah's staff educated us about the procedure itself and what to expect before, during and after surgery. They even arranged for home pt visits. We could not be more satisfied and grateful to Dr. Shah, his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Excellent physician. I did a lot of research before selecting a surgeon for my hip and Dr. Shah is top notch. He answered all my questions. The surgery was quick and the recovery. was simple. I walked ten blocks to lunch (with a walker) three days after my surgery (probably not recommended, but no issue at all). Within two weeks I was basically back to normal (still doing physical therapy), and was cleared to drive (right hip). My physical therapist mentioned my scar as being the smallest she has seen - it's quite nice. Very well done. He is an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah replaced my right knee on 6/11/19 at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. I was in and out the same day! I walked a few hours after surgery and, upon leaving, was able to access our car with no issues at all. Dr. Shah, and his team, have a splendid, pre, during and post operative plan that allows for a seamless transition to in-home therapy and, eventually, out-patient rehab. They do everything. All the patient needs to do is focus on following the guidelines in the manual and dedicate themselves to the exercises. I can not recommend Dr. Shah highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr Shah is an excellent skilled surgeon. He and his staff were wonderful and caring. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
After a disastrous experience with a 2015 total right hip replacement, I was desperate to find a top-tier orthopedic surgeon who specialized in revisions. My femur had been cracked and half of the prosthesis failed to knit to the bone, leaving me with a permanent limp, instability, and 24/7 pain. I called a college friend in the orthopedic field, told him my story, and asked him to find a NY-metro-area surgeon to "save my life." And that's exactly what Dr. Shah did! He is an amazing surgeon (a miracle worker, from my point of view) and a really great person. I cannot recommend Dr. Shah (and Laura, his terrific PA) highly enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah was highly recommended to me and my experience under his care was 100% in line with that glowing recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is a highly skilled surgeon who understands his patients quickly and consults intelligently on options. Every call was returned timely! He replaced both knees individually and at day 17 after the second surgery I was dancing! Everyone wants to know who did it - get ready for more fans!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
The entire orthopedics team under Dr. Shah is excellent. After years of extreme pain, I recently had a total knee replacement at the Millstein Hospital. Dr Shah was thorough from before the surgery to the follow-up. His office emphasizes a pre-operational knee conditioning to help prepare your body for the best outcome which I followed. I had surgery on Tuesday, went home the next day and was up and mobile the whole time. Within a week I was walking with only a cane. I'm glad I had the procedure
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Shah, the staff, and my entire experience with my recent knee replacement surgery. My recovery has been faster and easier than anticipated given remarks of friends who went to other facilities and other providers. Total knee replacement recovery does take serious meds and ice, a lot of ice, but generally I'm very happy with my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Total hip replacement in the morning up and walking in the afternoon, released the same day. PT at home for 2 weeks. It was literally a miracle to find Dr Roshan Shah. He is a caring, intelligent and amazing doctor who takes his time evaluating and explaining exactly what needs to be done to repair it. Very advanced in his orthopedic techniques and will go far and beyond his call of duty. His expertise, medical knowledge, commitment and his judgement are perfection. I totally trust him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Partial knee replacement surgery and recovery are going very well. I had asked that Dr. Shah be honest and straightforward, tell me all I need to know. He did. During surgery Dr. Shah stayed in the OR during prep, chatted with me and staff, brought me a blanket. He put on music we agreed on. He spoke to my wife after my surgery. Staff has been great. Good doctors treat people, not just body parts. Thank you. Please keep it up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Highly skilled surgeon. Provides patients with important information and recommendations. My total knee replacement was remarkable. Within two days I was walking a block and a half comfortably with a cane. Now, after three and a half weeks, I can walk along city streets without discomfort and without a cane!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
7 weeks after hip replacement surgery by Dr. Shah, I am fully back to my normal life: taking the subway, the bus, driving, swimming, writing, and able to do all of the tasks I did before, but without pain! I look forward to getting back to volunteer gardening in Fort Tryon Park this spring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Excellent bedside manner, easy to communicate with and always has a smile on his face. Answers all your questions and he really cares about his patients. I give Dr. Shah a ten and I had two hip replacements and I feel terrific ! Recommend highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah is experienced, talented, attentive, and patient. I would recommend him without hesitation and would definitely want him to perform future surgery I might need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Early September, I had a new knee replacement done by the most professional Dr. in the City of New York. After three months, I feel great and enjoy my walk around Manhattan. I am a 73 years young women!!! Thank you so much Dr.Shah!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
I was very pleased with my surgery & care with Dr. Shah. I had my knee surgery exactly a year ago in Oct. 2017. I walked out of the hospital the next day without a cane. His pre & post surgery care & staff were excellent & always followed up on any questions I asked or concerns in a prompt, caring & professional manner. As a general comment: Industry wide I do wish all medical procedures involving pain meds would be linked with personal counseling about their benefits, dangers etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
Dr. Shah replaced my left hip (which also had a fractured femur) on Sept. 11, 2018. He and his team at Columbia Presbyterian did an outstanding job and as of 10/1 I am easily walking with a cane (and often for a block or so without it) and all with only a minor tightness in the new joint. By next month I should be back to my full schedule of swimming and dancing. Thank you again Dr. Shah, I will continue to highly recommend you. Sincerely, Robert E. O'Melia
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?
I would like to thank Dr. Shah for his excellent job . My total right knee replacement was successful. After a few days , with the help of the physical therapist who comes daily to our house , I can get up from bed by myself , walk using a cane and go up and down the eleven steps of our house. I can walk along the side walk a short distance from our house. I will continue having physical therapy in a PT facility and hopefully will be ready for the next surgery for my left knee .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Roshan Shah, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shah?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shah treats patients.

Compare Providers