Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD

Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 37 years old

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee problems. I aim to help you return to a full, active life without pain. Oftentimes this can be achieved without an operation. When an operation is recommended, I offer cutting-edge techniques that can minimize surgical pain and speed recovery.Read more

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics
161 Fort Washington Ave Fl 2
New York, NY 10032 Get Directions

2017 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Personal Bio

Dr. Shah's Experience

See how Dr. Shah's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shah has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Shah's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shah to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (20)
in East elmhurst |
For me you are the best orthopedic of the United States Of America and of the world. I was operated from my knee.I find myself okay.Thank you for your attention!Also thank you for everyone who assists him!For me you have more than 5 stars!Thank you so much see you soon!
in New York, NY |
My hip deteriorated rather rapidly due to avascular necrosis. A total hip replacement was in order. I appreciated his call the night before the surgery to see if I was ok and if I had any questions. The surgery was uneventful. We spoke after surgery and he intervened with physical therapy at the hospital to ensure that I got moving quickly. He followed up at home and ensured everything was ok. I was back to work in three weeks with minimal pain. My legs now match and am walking fine.
in Poughkeepsie, NY |
Dr. Shah is straightforward and thorough in his explanation of the problem and recommended course of action. He has the patience to answer questions and demonstrates a desire for the patient to feel at ease and informed of what's to be done. While quite efficient, he does this in a pleasant manner. Day of surgery he remains accessible to the patient and accompanying family member. He coordinates well with other surgeons for excellent care.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shah did a total hip replacement on my right side, and I walked with no pain in two weeks. I can't wait for him to do the left side. I've healed remarkably in a month and you can barely see the scar. I recommend him to everyone in need of a hip replacement. The best surgeon in the world
in new york city |
I would recommend Dr.Shah to anyone with a knee or hip issue got straight to my need. set me up for surgery was in and out of surgery pain free total hip replacement.staff are very professional.
in Pomona, NY |
Dr. Shah is an amazing doctor and wonderfully warm person who really cares about his patients and their well-being. He is a brilliant surgeon, very meticulous about his work and makes it a priority to listen to his patients. I am very thankful to Dr. Shah for an incredible job and am very happy I made the choice to get my knee replacement with him. Also, Dr. Shah's objective for his patients is to experience little or not pain. I have experience very little pain since the surgery. I am amazed!
in New York, NY |
I found Dr. Shah to be very helpful with explaining my condition and why it needed to be address. He also feel he has a wonder manner with his patients.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Shah performed an anterior hip replacement on me 3 weeks ago, it has been spectacular. Since the day of the operation pain has been near zero. The operation was on Friday morning , I was home Sunday (could have been Sat. but Sunday due to my pick-up). I used a walker Mon, and was walking 8 blocks with the therapist on the following Saturday, with no cane! Range of movement is great, pain is gone, incision is all healed and barely a trace. I am thrilled with the experience and success.
in New York |
I had my 3 month checkup with Dr. Shah post hip surgery in August. I had a full hip replacement on April 25, 2016 and I haven't walked this well for years! Went to the Adirondacks on August 22nd for a week and climbed two mountains, one of the over 3000 feet it was a tough climb up but the view was spectacular. Thank you, Dr. Shah, it is great to be pain free and completely mobile again. My next adventure is back to running my 4 miles+. Best, Peggy Daly
in New York |
For many years I have been having problems with my knees I have tried many different types of treatment but no help in 2015 imet Dr Shah right away I felt at ease with him and decided to trust him to do my knees replacement last year he did my right knee it went very well it is now pain free, after a year he replace my left knee 7/11\2016 and nine days after I am able to walk without any assistance although I do have some pain it is tolerable with pain medicine I highly recommend him
in New York, NY |
Doctor Shah is the most attentive doctor I have ever had. He spent more time with me discussing my operation than any doctor ever has before. In addition he found the time to text me updates, and made himself available at all times. He took the time to explain all parts of my operation to me including what to expect pre-op and post-op. He is the model all doctors should follow.
in New York, NY |
Prior to meeting with Dr. Shah the first time, I had a consultation with an orthopedic surgeon at Hospital for Special Surgery. I was so dissatisfied with both his exam and the way he interacted with me, that I sought out another opinion. I cannot compliment Dr. Shah enough; both his exam and bedside manner were/are excellent! I never felt rushed by him, and he answered all my questions and addressed my concerns thoroughly. He treated me with care and respect. NYP is lucky to have him!
Have you seen Dr. Roshan P. Shah, MD?
Are you Dr. Shah?

Dr. Shah says...

My practice specializes in the treatment of hip and knee problems. I aim to help you return to a full, active life without pain. Oftentimes this can be achieved without an operation. When an operation is recommended, I offer cutting-edge techniques that can minimize surgical pain and speed recovery.

Dr. Shah's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 2001

• Other Education
    Stanford University Law School

Completed in 2007

Dr. Shah does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shah and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics