Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD

Dermatology ·  Female · Age 64

Dr. Freas

Beachside Dermatology

2571 W Eau Gallie Blvd Melbourne, FL 32935

Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD is a dermatologist in Melbourne, FL and has been practicing for 27 years. She graduated from Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine in 1992 and specializes in dermatology.

Dr. Freas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Freas

3.3

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Freas?
Dr. Freas' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD
First time check up one year ago was great....Today, 1 year later scary.....Dr. needs to slow down and give each patient an exam as if it were her own family looking for cancer. Not the case today. I will not go back. One year ago was first visit routine visit seemed very thorough and complete. Exam took time and really looked and commented on my skin and moles. Today, a second visit for a yearly check up ran 40 minutes late with excuse from the Dr. that she was busy with surgery in the other room, followed by very quick, I can not express how quick and little looking at my skin, next to nothing looks at my skin for problems. I recommended her 1 year ago, now I will never go back and I will never refer another to her practice. I don't care how late you are running, give each patient an exam as if it were your own family looking for cancer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
My mom is 92 and has dementia. She had a persistent rash that was causing frustration for both of us. Dr. Freas was recommended by Mom's primary doctor. Having to go to a doctor is very hard on my mom due to the dementia. Dr. Freas and her staff handled my mom beautifully. She was treated with kindness and dignity and that is everything to me. You can ask Dr. Freas anything and she takes time with her patients. I learned a lot. The rash has resolved and I am very grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
I hope this doctor is able to overcome the assumption that asking questions is a challenge to her authority. The use of condescending, patronizing, demeaning words & tone to crush enquiry were reactionary & routine; staff appeared undertrained for what they were asked to do. When Dr Sheldon Cooper of Big Bang Theory has better interpersonal skills than a real dr, we're in trouble. Lost trust when doubt occurred that she could be an even-handed arbitrator of medical choices in my behalf.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
Rude and condescending staff. The dermatologist was curt and glib. Office staff behaved like high school students. The receptionist needs a refresher course in public interaction and hiding nasty facial expressions. She is a scheduler and clerical support.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
Dr Freas has performed several complicated surgeries to removed skin cancers. All procedures had excellent results including a particularly difficult surgery on my ear. I highly recommend Dr Freas. Professionalism, integrity, and concern for her patients are top notch.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
I have had the privilege of having several Dermatologist of my span of years. Dr. Freas listens to my concerns, addresses them, and then asks if I have further questions and concerns. Above her excellent skill, she has a most caring manner and I know when I have left the office that all my concerns have been addressed and answered. Her staff, is intuitive and caring as well. I could not find a better Dermatologist than her, and am thankful for the recommendation that sent me there!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
Found this office on the intranet, called to make an appt. Confirmed insurance, asked cost, co-pay etc. Explained what i wanted done. Was told " only have to pay co-pay etc etc. Day of visit " oh we need to bx even if it doesn't look like cancer." Ok then they tried to scheduled a office visit to remove ONE STITCH. I took it out myself. Second visit wanted to make me sign paper agreeing to pay and additional 150 dollars this was after having to pay additional 43 dollars from 1st visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?
She gives excellent care.....she is concerned about your welfare.....she always follows up after surgery.....there is little to no scar after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rosalind Freas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Freas?

• Dermatology

Msu Kalamazoo Center Med Stu
University Hosps and Clinics
1992
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
1992

Dr. Freas accepts

Dr. Freas accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Freas' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection