Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash, MD
Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Colleyville, TX. She is 45 years old. Dr. Sathyaprakash is affiliated with Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine.

7141 Colleyville Blvd

Colleyville, TX 76034

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthPartners
  • Medica
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Sathyaprakash

See how frequently Dr. Sathyaprakash performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Thyroid Disease
Abnormal Thyroid

Dr. Sathyaprakash's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Education data for Dr. Sathyaprakash is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Sathyaprakash has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sathyaprakash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sathyaprakash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sathyaprakash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sathyaprakash to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Sathyaprakash's Performance
in Colleyville, TX |
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! My son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of 18. We went to Dr Roopa after finding out his blood sugar was 400. I was not impressed with her on visit one when we went to get my son placed on insulin. She was rushed. She had no compassion for the fact that his world had just been turned upside down. We decided to stick it out and give it a try due to this office is the only local endocrinologist. Our second visit was much better but it was with the PA. She w
North Richland Hills, TX |
Making an appointment with this office is a complete fiasco. What Dr's office gives you 48 hours to fill out your paperwork or else "cancels your appointment" . I was on a vacation overseas without access to a printer and sure enough....appointment canceled 4 months out! Don't need the hassle of this office staff and their nonsense.....don't waste your time.
Roanoke; TX |
Dr Roopa has canceled my appt last minute and has only seen me twice since undergoing radiated iodine in November 2016. She is vague and has little time to discuss issues. Quite incompetent with no bedside manner. Her staff is equally as bad. I would not recommend this Dr to my worst enemy.
in Colleyville, TX |
Dr Roopa is great and I have recommended her to several people. She's very professional and explains things clearly. Wonderful physician. The biopsy I needed was a much better experience from her unlike my previous one by another physician. Have been seeing her for approximately five years.
Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Roopa is a great doctor, the staff at her office is horrible. Starting at the front desk, her nurse and checkout - either they hate their jobs or are just not the right people for their positions. Get some new staff that are pleasant or you will loose your patients. Let me repeat - Dr. Roope is a great doctor, it is her unpleasant staff that is the issue!
in Roanoke, TX |
I feel rushed and unimportant. No explanations, inconsistent treatment boundaries, and super rushed in and out of the exam room. Krista is awesome and an exception- she answered questions about meds and took time with me. The front desk is apathetic and non caring. I mistook my appt via human error for 30 minutes later than it actually was. They made me go home when I arrived and I was charged a late fee with 3rd degree. I am a college student, homeschooling mom of 2 with hypothyroid.
in Ft Worth, TX |
My experience with this doctor and this clinic were AWFUL!!! Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash literally spent like 2 mins with me . I went to get help for an already diagnosed hormone issue. After I got blood work, I saw Tran Truong PA who was even worse. She told me some false information and basically shoved me out. I work in medical and have never seen such a poorly run facility. I'm not sure how they practice medicine considering they seem to know nothing about the field they are in.
Ft Worth, TX |
The nursing staff does not return calls in an acceptable time frame. My pharmacist called me 9/13/2016 and told me they had tried to contact Dr. Roopa's office to refill my script. No return call. I finally tried to contact the office on 9/19/2016 and no call back from the nurse. I called back again on 9/21/2016, left another message and the nurse finally called me back about 1/2 hour later. Now I have to go into the office before they do a refill, but nobody was proactive enough to let me know
Ft Worth, TX |
Nurse does not call back. You see the dr the first time then your passed of to a PA. The PA changed my medication which caused me to have sharp chest pains. Went back finally got to see doctor again and she asked me why did the PA change your medication? They lost my medical records for two months out of my time with them.
It's very surprising being a specialist she hardly spends anytime time to hear what the patient says and suggest proper diagnosis. She always goes by what she 'believes'. She repeatedly denied what I think was the problem. I saw her for chronic debilitating fatigue. She didn't even care to recommend tests beyond blood sugar & HbA1c despite the fact that I was going thru several emergency visits. Later I got diagnosed elsewhere that my critical endocrinological levels have gone way out of balance
in Justin |
I have been seeing her for a year for treatment of hypothyroid. My last appointment I saw her PA (Krista allen is awesome) learned more about my disease AND a new discover that I also had an autoimmune disorder that Dr. Roopa never told me about. Reluctantly I came back for another check up with her and she refused to see me because I was 12 minutes late!! I am done with her and this office.
Have you seen Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash, MD?
Are you Dr. Sathyaprakash?

Visit Dr. Sathyaprakash

Dr. Sathyaprakash accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA