Dr. Roobal S. Sekhon, DO

Dr. Roobal S. Sekhon, DO

Psychiatry | Male

California Center for Behavioral Health 1350 Treat Blvd Ste 285, Walnut Creek, CA 94597 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I believe in a collaborative treatment approach to create an optimal treatment plan tailored to each patient. I work with medication management, therapy as well as lifestyle changes to achieve recovery in patients. I will also keep in touch with primary care physicians, therapists or other providers to help in achieving this goal when needed.Read more

Personal Bio

President and Managing Partner at California Center for Behavioral Health Sleep Medicine Specialist at Contra Costa County Board Certified in...Read more

Dr. Sekhon's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Sekhon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sekhon

Dr. Sekhon accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sekhon has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Sekhon's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sekhon to family and friends
3.5
Experience with Dr. Sekhon
Dr. Sekhon's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (24)
in Pleasant Hill, CA |
Easy going and has a calming effect which has been good for me. Right next to the John Muir office where my main doctor is.
in Pleasant Hill, CA |
My experience with Dr. Sekhon has been really good so far. From our very first appointment, he LISTENED. I am an adult ADD patient, diagnosed as an adult, and have had a couple of experiences with Dr's who do not understand (or care to) how it can present in adult patients, and consequently lack in their overall treatment plan. Dr. Sekon has a way offering his professional advice without being condescending. He is calm, kind and supportive. J at the front desk is also very sweet.
in Walnut Creek |
Nice person. Explains things and worked with me. He told me stuff I could do instead of just taking more pills. Overall, I had a good experience. The office is very nice. Right next to the BART on Treat.
Oakland, CA |
Came here after seeing another psychiatrist. Very happy I changed. New office and they look like they are just getting off the ground but everyone is very nice.
in Benicia, CA |
Great doctor! Dr. Sekhon has helped my depression and anxiety so much over the past few months I have been seeing him. I feel like I finally have my life back.
in Concord, CA |
A very nice therapist who takes time to listen.
Dr. Sekhon is a great doctor! I always feel comfortable seeing him. He never feels rushed, is very knowledgeable and kind. I was recommended to see him by a friend and I was certainly glad to have received the referral!
in Concord, CA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Sekhon. For starters, he was always on time. With my last doctor, I had to wait 30-60 minutes in the waiting room to be seen, so it was a nice change to get seen at my actual appointment time. He has a very calming voice, and he took his time to explain things and answer my questions. He was very knowledgeable about medications and he came up with a treatment plan that finally made me feel like myself again!
in Fairfield, CA |
Not a pill pusher. I have been seeing Dr. Sekhon for a few months in Fairfield and will be following him to Walnut Creek because he was able to help where so many other doctors did not. I was on a bunch of pills and he got me down to 2 which seems like a miracle.
Fairfield, CA |
Not really a people-person. Didn't feel like I was making any progress on my condition with this provider.
in Suisun City, CA |
Arrogant & disinterested. Always tries to get me out ASAP. When a shocking tragedy occurred it took me several sessions to build the courage to tell him. And all I got was his standard, So aside from that, how are you feeling? I never told him how suicidal I was because he didn't want to hear about my problems. You will walk away feeling you've annoyed him. His emergency 800 number doesn't always work. He doesn't care. He is in it for the money. Find someone else. He should lose his license.
in Martinez, CA |
HE SPENT HALF OF MY OFFICE VISIT LOOKING AT HIS CELL PHONE AND CAME ACROSS AS ARROGANT. I LEFT THE OFFICE WONDERING IF HE FELT SUPERIOR TO WOMEN OR IF HE JUST DISLIKED WOMEN QUESTIONING HIM? WHEN CONFRONTED HE WAS LESS THAN TRUTHFUL.
Have you seen Dr. Roobal S. Sekhon, DO?
Are you Dr. Sekhon?

• Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
  • Depression
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Insomnia
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Narcolepsy
  • Nightmare Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Parasomnias
  • Periodic Limb Movements in Sleep
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sleep Disorders

Dr. Sekhon does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Sekhon and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

No malpractice history found for California.

Univ Of New England Coll Of Osteo Med

Graduated in 2003

University Hospitals Cleve

Completed in 2008

University Hospitals of Cle

Completed in 2009

University Of California San Diego

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Sekhon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sekhon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sekhon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Sekhon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry and Sleep Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Sekhon

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Sekhon's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Sekhon

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Sekhon says...

President and Managing Partner at California Center for Behavioral Health

Sleep Medicine Specialist at Contra Costa County

Board Certified in Psychiatry and Sleep Medicine

I grew up in California and went to undergraduate school at University of California San Diego. I went to Medical School at the University of New England and did my residency in psychiatry at University Hospitals-Case Western as well as the VA where I was also Chief Resident. I went on to do a sleep medicine fellowship and then moved back to California and has been practicing psychiatry and sleep medicine here since. I started California Center for Behavioral Health with 3 other excellent psychiatrists in 2015 after having practiced in a variety of other settings including inpatient, large group practice and community mental health.

Dr. Sekhon's Care Philosophy

I believe in a collaborative treatment approach to create an optimal treatment plan tailored to each patient. I work with medication management, therapy as well as lifestyle changes to achieve recovery in patients. I will also keep in touch with primary care physicians, therapists or other providers to help in achieving this goal when needed.