Dr. Ronald Wise, MD

Dr. Ronald Wise, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Ronald Wise, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Denver, CO. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

1435 Wazee St Ste 101

Denver, CO 80202

Learn about Dr. Wise

See how frequently Dr. Wise performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Optic Neuritis
Diplopia

Dr. Wise's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Color Blindness
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University of the Witwatersrand
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Colorado
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Texas Southwestern (Parkland Memorial Hospital)
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Of Texas Southwestern (Parkland Memorial Hospital)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Wise has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wise does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wise and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wise's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wise to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Wise's Performance
in Denver, CO 80202 |
Ronald Wise, MD just completed the first, right eye surgery for cataract and astigmatism, left eye to follow, one week. The results are excellent, vision and colors are so clear and distinct. Look forward to the left eye being done. H. Alan Zeigel FAIA 1510 Wazee St. Unit 2, Denver, CO 80202
Denver, CO |
Dr Wise has replaced both lenses and did DMEK cornea transplants. It is simply amazing how I went from being almost blind and seeing everything with a grey/brown/yellow tint to crystal clear in less than a week and the colors are amazing. He is very down to earth and has a great sense of humor. His office staff is great as well. After needing glasses all my life, I do not need them any more, except for reading. Highly recommended.
in Denver, CO |
a patient-centered doctor who truly understands and communicates with his patients.
in Denver, CO |
Best ophthalmologist I've ever been treated by. His level of expertise, use of knowledge of the newest technology and overall practice of medicine is unprecedented. I trust him implicitly.
in Denver, CO |
Both of my eyes are completely healed from surgery. I have better than 20/20 vision. I now have 20/15 vision. I was legally blind before surgery. I had Cataract in both eyes, astigmatism, and nearsightedness. My last review was after getting one eye surgically fixed. I am amazed at how well i can see now. Colors are brighter. It's like the contrast in my eyes has been turned all the way up. I see such beautiful details now. I could not be happier... THANK YOU, DOCTOR WISE...
in Denver, CO |
Excellent experience with Dr Wise and his staff at the office and in the hospital. Both my eyes were done and new lenses were implanted. Would absolutely recommend him to family and friends! Michael Russell. Denver
Denver, CO |
Had sudden, major issues in both eyes that rendered me quite blind. Under Dr. Wise's care I have fully recovered. Dr. Wise was very attentive and provided tremendous service and care.
in Park Ridge, IL |
While attending a professional conference in Denver, I had an eye emergency. Dr. Wise's staff got me right in and I was seen every day for four days. Dr. Wise was knowledgeable, caring and very thorough in his attention to detail. He also patiently worked through an insurance issue with the local pharmacy, enabling me to get the medication I badly needed. I know he worked me into an already packed schedule, but he never appeared rushed or inattentive. I highly recommend him.
in Denver, CO |
I would never know go to a different specialist!
in Houston, TX |
I was in town on business and begin to experience some disturbing issues with my eyesight. I contacted the office, I explained my situation and appt was made. I arrived and was greeted by wondeful front office staff. Dr Wise is knowledgeable, professional and very thorough, He performed a thorough exam as though I were a longtime patient taking me through all the paces and explaining what he was doing. My fears were eleviated, I am thankful and grateful to Dr. Wise and pray blessings on h
Denver, CO |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Wise. Dr. Wise listened to me and assured me, “I can do this.” At that point, I couldn’t wait to have the procedure. My vision now is the best it has ever been. Dr. Wise’s procedure offers the best possible corrective vision using laser cataract surgery. It’s more precise incision and better astigmatic correction, and it helped me achieve my goal of not being dependent on glasses after cataract surgery.
in Silverthorne, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr Wise for many years. 3 generations of my family have been or are patients at this time. We're very pleased with our relationship with Dr Wise.
in DENVER |
Was battling eye infection for several days. He got me on a plan and I immediately started to improve.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Wise is an excellent Dr. I've recommended him to friends. He's knowledgeable and made sure I understood everything he was saying.
in denver, co |
Dr. Wise is extremely skilled and competent. His extensive experience in dealing with challenging ophthalmological conditions has grown a strong sense of trust in me. His staff is friendly and courteous. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Dr. Wise to my family and friends.
in Longmont, CO |
Although Dr. Wise can come off as rough around the edges, he has literally saved my eyes. From routine cornea transplants to saving my left eye after an accident. I literally could never express my gratitude for this gentleman and have already convinced my family to switch to his practice as well. It would be hard for me to ever go to anyone else for my eyes.
Denver, CO |
First of all I felt Dr. Wise to have a horrible bedside manner. He came across as very arrogant to me. That arrogance may very well be deserved as he is recommended as one of the top doctors in his field, but I want my doctor/patient relationships to be more personable. However, my biggest problem was not with the doctor as with the office itself. The first time I went I was give a prescription for eye drops, that when taken to my pharmacy was going to cost more than I could afford. After speak
in Denver, CO |
What I like most about Dr. Wise is he answers your questions directly. If you don't understand he will explain so you do. He is an awesome surgeon. No more cataracts for me! I can see better than I did as a child.
in Longmont, CO |
Dr. Wise is a very smart man, very stern. He really knows what he is doing. I am glad I have found him, as I trust him with my eyes
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Wise, MD?
Are you Dr. Wise?