Dr. Ronald Wheeler, MD

Urologic Pathology | Male

Dr. Ronald Wheeler, MD
I am a man of faith and privileged to do what I am presently doing. I am well educates and a competitor in all I do! Winning versus prostate cancer is the only option. Prostate cancer is worthy of my time as all men will get this disease if we live long enough. It is common for 30% of 30 year old men to get or harbor prostate cancer. Similarly, 70% of 70 year old men have this disease. I do not enjoy my free time as much as I would like but still enjoy the camaraderie with colleagues and friends. I am a sports enthusiast but rather than play a round of golf, I prefer to take care of a patient. My focus is intense as I have established myself through my research to tackle the most aggressive and life threatening disease that men get most commonly. Upwards of 40-45% of all prostate cancers are aggressive and require my intellectual property (now patent pending) to achieve success. My success rates in treating the most aggressive cancers is greater than 90% in more than 5 years. Success is defined by a PSA value that has nadired at 0.30 or less following a treatment. Patients interested in seeing other doctors who claim to be expert need not look any further than the nadir associated with patients treated. Most doctors can successfully treat a Gleason score of 6 with any HIFU treating device assuming the PIRADS (Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data Service) Radiologic score is: no higher than a 3 out of 5. PIRADS scores of 4 or 5 out of 5 must be treated with my patent pending discovery to have total success with a nadir of usually less than 0.10 ng/ml. My focus if you have not already noticed is prostate cancer. I am single but until I meet Miss Right, my only focus must be destroying prostate cancer through acoustic energy to the betterment of patients who contract the disease from whatever etiology. I was board eligible but never motivated to be certified as I saw no advantage in this process except a chance to pass another test. If board certification was a requirement for moving beyond residency, I would have achieved it. My CV or resume shows a practice that indicates leadership, stewardship and excellence where it matter most. REW

Dr. Wheeler's Care Philosophy

There is no greater calling in life than to assist a brother in need. I will be honored to see you in the clinic, engage you in a pre-visit conference call or meet you for lunch if that is what takes to assist you. My life is all about my patients and returning them to a life to enjoy much more than I can provide alone. I am a man of faith, integrity, a God given talent and much more. My service to you ... my patient is what is most important to me.

Dr. Wheeler's Experience

See how Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your preferences.

Compare Dr. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler says...

I am a man of faith and privileged to do what I am presently doing. I am well educates and a competitor in all I do! Winning versus prostate cancer is the only option. Prostate cancer is worthy of my time as all men will get this disease if we live long enough. It is common for 30% of 30 year old men to get or harbor prostate cancer. Similarly, 70% of 70 year old men have this disease. I do not enjoy my free time as much as I would like but still enjoy the camaraderie with colleagues and friends. I am a sports enthusiast but rather than play a round of golf, I prefer to take care of a patient. My focus is intense as I have established myself through my research to tackle the most aggressive and life threatening disease that men get most commonly. Upwards of 40-45% of all prostate cancers are aggressive and require my intellectual property (now patent pending) to achieve success. My success rates in treating the most aggressive cancers is greater than 90% in more than 5 years. Success is defined by a PSA value that has nadired at 0.30 or less following a treatment. Patients interested in seeing other doctors who claim to be expert need not look any further than the nadir associated with patients treated. Most doctors can successfully treat a Gleason score of 6 with any HIFU treating device assuming the PIRADS (Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data Service) Radiologic score is: no higher than a 3 out of 5. PIRADS scores of 4 or 5 out of 5 must be treated with my patent pending discovery to have total success with a nadir of usually less than 0.10 ng/ml. My focus if you have not already noticed is prostate cancer. I am single but until I meet Miss Right, my only focus must be destroying prostate cancer through acoustic energy to the betterment of patients who contract the disease from whatever etiology. I was board eligible but never motivated to be certified as I saw no advantage in this process except a chance to pass another test. If board certification was a requirement for moving beyond residency, I would have achieved it. My CV or resume shows a practice that indicates leadership, stewardship and excellence where it matter most.

REW

Dr. Wheeler's Care Philosophy

Dr. Wheeler says...

I am a specialist in treating men with prostate cancer without surgery or radiation. The procedure I perform is called High Intensity Focused Ultrasound or HIFU for short. My outcome data which speaks to a cure rate in excess of 90% is only achieved because of my imaging skill set using a 3T Multi-parametric MRI scan of the prostate (to guide me) as well as an intellectual property (IP) currently patent pending related to my HIFU technique. Try as they might, no other doctor who claims to be expert in HIFU can achieve the results unique to me when I am using the IP. I specialize in treating men with aggressive disease or those men having a Gleason Score of 7 to 10 or men with a Radiology score called PIRADS of 4-5. In this group of patients, I have a 92% cure rate at more than 5 years. To learn more about this technology, I refer you to the internet to evaluate HIFU Centers of America. If I am about to treat a patient before micro-metastases occur, he will be cured. REW

Dr. Wheeler says...

The only procedure I perform for a diseased prostate (Prostate Cancer, Prostatitis, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) is High Intensity Focused Ultrasound or (HIFU). When all outcome data using any HIFU treating device is compared across the USA, Canada, Europe, England or Japan, my data reigns supreme. Everything about the eradication or ablation of disease is related to knowing where the cancer is located primarily while adding sufficient energy (sound waves) to destroy the tissue. The disease I love to treat best is aggressive prostate cancer. These are cancers that require my patent pending invention called enhanced energy application or EEA. If you suffer from this disease, I would love to assist you on your journey.  Find me and give me a call. I am never too busy to help a brother in need!

Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urologic Pathology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Sanctions found

Sanction

Dr. Wheeler has received 1 sanction

• Substandard Care (4/20/2017)
    • Action Taken: Revocation
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Florida

Akron General Medical Center

Completed in 1981

University Medical Center

Completed in 1985

Dr. Wheeler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wheeler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urologic Pathology
  • Cancer Pathology
  • Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
  • Prostate Oncology