Dr. Ronald Trale, DO

Dr. Ronald Trale, DO

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Ronald Trale, DO is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Indiana, PA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

120 Irmc Dr Ste 160

Indiana, PA 15701

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Trale

See how frequently Dr. Trale performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Knee Disorders
Shoulder Fracture Treatment

Dr. Trale's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Trale's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Trale "I began my career in medicine as an Occupational Therapist. My constant desire to learn an be more directly involved in my patients care lead me to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine where I earned a Medical Degree in Osteopathic Medicine along with a Masters of Science in Medical Education. I then went on to Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pa where I served as Chief Resident and Continued on to complete a residency in Orthopedic Surgery. I then began my professional career at the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Indiana, PA. Upon Dr. Brian Gunnlaugson's decision to begin retirement I have now assumed his practice in Johnstown, PA. I currently see patients in both the Indiana and Johnstown offices. I am currently operating at Indiana Regional Medical Center, Chan Soon Shiong Medical Center at Windber, and Miners Medial Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Trale "I like to listen to my patients so I have a thorough understanding of their concerns and expectations.  My goal is to get you back to the lifestyle  and activities that you enjoy.  I employ what ever option is most appropriate for your specific condition form the most conservative to all surgical options.

I also understand that treating a patient requires looking beyond the diagnosis and treatment.  Often times a treatment plan has to include the patient, employment, family, insurance and financial circumstances.  Therefore, I like treat the "whole picture".

I have a special interest in total knee replacements, total hip replacements and shoulder surgery including total shoulders.

I, along with my staff, spend extra time educating patients and family about their surgical procedure and help them make the necessary plans for a successful recovery."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Trale does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lake Erie Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009

Dr. Trale has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Trale has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Trale does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trale and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Trale's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trale to family and friends
Dr. Trale's Performance
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Trale is a knowledgeable, caring and compassionate Dr. He takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns. You can tell that he truly cares about his patients. He explains everything in detail and makes sure that you understand it all. He replaced my left shoulder in February 2017 and now my right hip in October 2017. I had and have complete confidence in his care for me. I have recommended him to everyone that I know. If you want an excellent Dr., choose Dr. Trale.
in South Fork |
An outstanding experience with Dr. Trale as he replaced my hip. I was explained every detail of the procedure and treated with great respect. Amazing bedside manner. I strongly recommend Dr. Trale. His approach to overall care is the reason for my quick recovery. I cannot say enough to express my satisfaction with Dr. Trale.
in Johnstown, PA |
Dr. Trale is a special kind of doctor. He is excellent in his medical skills but he also has such a compassion for the patient. I have had experiences in the past in having orthopedic surgery but I was never treated with such respect and compassion. I have recommended Dr. Trale to several people already as I talk so highly of my care by not only him but his staff. I tell my friends that I am glad that Dr. Trale came to Johnstown and I hope he keeps his practice here.
in Homer City PA |
My name is Joe Kosmack. I broke my tibia plateau in 4 places when I wrecked my bike. Dr. Trale did surgery and lined up my tibia and placed 6 screws in my tibia. I'm 4 weeks removed from surgery and my tibia is perfectly lined up. I had no infection and feel I got top notch care. I'm in zero pain. He took time to explain everything to me clearly and my surgery was a complete success. I feel blessed to be under the care of such a GREAT Doctor! Were lucky to have him at IRMC.
in Windber, PA |
HI MY NAME IS CATHY NARDECCHIA DOCTOR TRALEDID MY KNEE SURGERY ON MAY 1ST 2017AND HE DID A FANTANTASTIC JOB. HE HAS A VERY GOOD BEDSIDE MANNER AND VERY CONCERNED WITH EACH AND EVERYONE OF HIS PATIENTS. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE,HE IS THHE CREAMOF THE CROP!
in Windber, PA |
Dr. Trale is a wonderful doctor. He explained everything with my shoulder replacement. He did a great job. He has a good bed side manner. Everyone in his office is coutdious & perfessional. His PA & nurses are very good. You never wait long in his office. I will definatly refer people to Dr.Trale.
in Hollsopple, PA |
Dr. Trale was very informative and explained everything that would happen at every stage during and after surgery. He answered all questions. Put me at ease before and after surgery.
Dr. Trale was very professional. He explained all my options and the carpal tunnel procedure from beginning to the end. After my left hand procedure the pain was gone so I had my follow up and at this point I scheduled my right hand as well. I would highly recommend him for any procedure that you may need. Great doctor!
in Indiana, PA |
Right from the start he was very informative about the procedure. What he said would happen did. I would recommend him to anyone considering hip replacement. I was very surprised how good my recovery went and so was everybody I came in contact with after the first day.
in Indiana,Pennsylvania |
Dr. Trale completed an anterior hip replacement. The incision is in the front; no muscles were cut; access to the hip was between the muscles. He was very professional in his work. The Dr. explained the procedure in detail, so I knew exactly what was going to happen. He answered all questions completely. I would strongly recommend him for this type of surgery, because it is much less invasive than the older type. My pain level was controlled well.
Have you seen Dr. Ronald Trale, DO?
Are you Dr. Trale?