Dr. Ronald Trale, DO

Dr. Ronald Trale, DO

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  ·
Dr. Ronald Trale, DO is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedic specialist in Indiana, PA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Lake Erie Coll Of Osteo Med in 2009 and specializes in joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics and sports medicine.Read his story

120 Irmc Dr Ste 160

Indiana, PA 15701

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Trale

See how frequently Dr. Trale performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Knee Disorders
Shoulder Fracture Treatment

Dr. Trale's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Trale's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Trale "I began my career in medicine as an Occupational Therapist. My constant desire to learn an be more directly involved in my patients care lead me to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine where I earned a Medical Degree in Osteopathic Medicine along with a Masters of Science in Medical Education. I then went on to Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pa where I served as Chief Resident and Continued on to complete a residency in Orthopedic Surgery. I then began my professional career at the Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Indiana, PA. Upon Dr. Brian Gunnlaugson's decision to begin retirement I have now assumed his practice in Johnstown, PA. I currently see patients in both the Indiana and Johnstown offices. I am currently operating at Indiana Regional Medical Center, Chan Soon Shiong Medical Center at Windber, and Miners Medial Center."

This content was provided by Dr. Trale "I like to listen to my patients so I have a thorough understanding of their concerns and expectations.  My goal is to get you back to the lifestyle  and activities that you enjoy.  I employ what ever option is most appropriate for your specific condition form the most conservative to all surgical options.

I also understand that treating a patient requires looking beyond the diagnosis and treatment.  Often times a treatment plan has to include the patient, employment, family, insurance and financial circumstances.  Therefore, I like treat the "whole picture".

I have a special interest in total knee replacements, total hip replacements and shoulder surgery including total shoulders.

I, along with my staff, spend extra time educating patients and family about their surgical procedure and help them make the necessary plans for a successful recovery."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Trale does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Trigger Finger

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lake Erie Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2009

Dr. Trale has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Trale has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Trale does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trale and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Trale's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trale to family and friends

Dr. Trale's Performance

I was very pleased with the total care I received from the first visit to the Ortho Clinic through my discharge from the hospital. I can not express how pleased I am with the Doctor, P.A., Nurses and all who had a part in my knee surgery. Highly recommend this doctor and Windber Hospital. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Would highly recommend Dr. Trale to family and friends. Explained what needed to be done and followed through in a very positive way.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Outstanding!! Dr Trale and his staff did a outstanding job. This was my 2nd knee replacement and it was nothing like my 1st. I was up and walking in 1 hour after surgery, no pain at all. I had no pain medicine at all. Recovery time was amazing after 5 weeks no need for Physical Therapy. I highly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was in need of a new ortho dr as mine retired and I was referred to Dr. Trale. I was in a lot of pain in my shoulder and Dr. Trale was very compassionate and quickly set me up for testing to find out what was wrong. He did surgery on my shoulder, took the time to explain procedure and what my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
High praise for Dr. Trale! Very professional, excellent surgeon. I highly recommend him! In addition, both the office staff and everyone I dealt with at the hospital were very friendly and helpful as well. Thanks, Doc!
Are you Dr. Trale?